Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 10:27 AM

1,245 posts, read 920,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The wealthy countries should pay a majority of the cost.

You still haven't answered my question, since you don't like NOAA where do you go for your information, the research universities, National Geographic, Scientific American what is you source?
You really didn't answer the question, you already told me what I know what is being planned. Extra money will have to be made to even do what they want, what I want to know, is how and where that extra money will be coming from. No body wants to directly answer that question.
And as far as those sources listed, I read, and look at them objectively, it is nothing but overly sensational fear mongering crap to scare everyone.
The sources that I use aren't mainstream media sources ( the kinds you people don't like ), since I actually want someone looking objectively at the data, why is it that skeptics aren't allowed on liberal media in America?

Old 11-20-2014, 10:28 AM

13,286 posts, read 7,833,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats why I ran an extension cord out to where I parked my work truck, and had a trickle charger I installed under the hood. Get home, plug it in. Then I used my remote start from the comfort of my living room to let the truck start and warm before leaving.

I used to work outdoors in Michigan in the winter. Last year I was there we had measurable snowfall every day from Mid October through early April. Every damned day.

Still, one year, one day, does not make a trend on macro environmental change
You contributed to global warming by accomplishing your selfish desire for comfort.

There is a certain stigma attached to people like you.

Worse than being a cigarette smoker!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:31 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,334,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
You contributed to global warming by accomplishing your selfish desire for comfort.

There is a certain stigma attached to people like you.

Worse than being a cigarette smoker!
I never said we should end comfort, destroy the economy, and pass massive draconian laws to end global warming/climate change.

In fact, I've said the opposite. I've said that we shouldn't do radical change for something we don't know if it will do any good. What I have said is that the federal government should push for higher emission standards without drastically hurting the economy, to push us towards a less impactful nature on the environment.

Most of my electricity there, came from a nuclear plant, not coal or natural gas BTW

Old 11-20-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Not seeing how 1) it's noteworthy that America has an ex-VP who is wealthy, or 2) what this has to do with climate change science

I mean, nobody even cares about Gore nowadays except righty climate deniers who need a strawman to beat. He's just some guy raising awareness of the exceptionally verified science.
LOL!...Verified science, that sounds the same as saying "the science is settled"

Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,278,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ahhh, The deniers favorite thing...If they have no evidence (they never do) then bash Al Gore....Again and again then bash him some more. You people are so predictable it's hilarious.
I think it's just sad. The country that sent men to the moon no longer exists. The United States is now the country that watches Honey Boo-Boo. Their grandchildren will think the concept that digging the outhouse next to the well is a bad idea is just a liberal conspiracy because the dowser they hired said it was cool.

Makes me glad I don't have children.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:34 AM

13,286 posts, read 7,833,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Gore has made hundreds of millions from environmental fear mongering.

Also:

Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype - Forbes

He considers himself an authority, and he won a Nobel Prize for An Inconvenient Truth.

He also a massive hypocrite, raking in hundreds of millions of dollars while racking up a $30,000 per year electric bill at just one of his houses. He can't even be bothered to turn off his lights for Earth Hour.
I wonder if I could win a Nobel Prize for increasing awareness of the rising problem of global stupidity.

Naah - that would be stealing from Al Gore.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:36 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,278,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What's truly sad is it is always Canadians that add scientific analysis and intellect to these threads.
In America the dumbing down rolls on
If it makes you feel better, Calgary oilmen who call themselves "Friends of Science" have commissioned billboards featuring claims similar to those made by the denialists here. Wait ten years and we'll be making all the same mistakes you're making now, don't worry.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
So who is "you guys" you mean almost all environmental and weather . . .hell just about anyone who believes that science based on data and fact? okay . . were "you guys"
You guys is used in a general sense, and applies man-made global warming believers, from Al Gore to people posting in internet forums like this one.

Quote:
In the past you guys claimed it was GLOBAL WARMING, not local climate. Now you want to claim it's local climate????
1 - it is global warming. global average temperature has been increasing significantly since the mid 1900's. This takes 0 skill to determine. you just have to look it up.
The climate was warming up after centuries of cold during the period referred to as the Little Ice-Age. Was it unnatural to warm out of it? If not for the industrial revolution, were we supposed to remain in that cold climate?

Quote:
2- it is also known as climate change. Global includes . .everywhere. So everyone is impacted differently. Some countries could see weather changes/increased storms; some areas could see harsh winters; some could see increased overall heat; drought; etc. So Climate Change is the overall term, because Global Warming causes climate change.
You are talking about weather events, not the climate.

Quote:
You claimed it was the climate, not the weather. Now you claim it is the weather????
The climate is the entire system. It is the climate. Weather is unique and specific events. A change in climate must and will impact the weather. Did you go to fifth grade?
You can't just point to a warm summer, or a freak snow storm and claim it's some how proof of man-made global warming.

So what is the claim now? Is the planet warming, or isn't it? If it's not warming, must we focus on isolated weather events, and claim CO2 is the cause?

Quote:
Now you want to claim cold, hot, warm, wet, rainy, snowy, icy, windy, mild, benign and everything else in between are all proof of CAGW, global warming???
-recent evidence suggests that areas like the United States could see harsher weather due to climate change. Europe too. Changes in temperature (such a warmer pacific) has caused this most recent cold spree in the US. I'm not saying that any SPECIFIC weather event is created by global warming or climate change. Though this EVENT right now in the United States is caused by a warm weather in pacific.

its a good way to illustrate how warm can make you cold
It's called wind and ocean currents, you just described one result of these. We have ocean currents carrying warm waters from the south Pacific, and cold wind currents from the Arctic, they create weather events. One result is a stubborn front off the California coast, which has created warm, dry weather conditions. Another cause is the record setting cold snap in the USA, resulting in six feet of snow in New York. It's dishonest to claim these events are caused by human-induced CO2.

Quote:
So why is there a "pause" in warming for 15-18 years, when CO2 has still increased? Is it because of catastrophic global cooling? Either the CAGW claim that CO2 is the main driver for warming, or it's not.

Not sure your source. Regardless, the issue is . . who knows. The climate is a large and complicated system.
My source for the temperature "pause" is NOOA, NASA and the MET, among others.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:40 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats why I ran an extension cord out to where I parked my work truck, and had a trickle charger I installed under the hood. Get home, plug it in. Then I used my remote start from the comfort of my living room to let the truck start and warm before leaving.

I used to work outdoors in Michigan in the winter. Last year I was there we had measurable snowfall every day from Mid October through early April. Every damned day.

Still, one year, one day, does not make a trend on macro environmental change
I never implied it did, so we are in agreement.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That would be wrong, humans have been changing the weather as well. I remember where I grew up decades ago they would try and prevent hailstorms. The Russians are also known to experiment on manipulating the weather. Weather is just complex physics. So naturally one can manipulate it by changing parameters.

Weather modification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So carbon taxes can fix the weather then? I have heard of weather manipulation, but most just shrug it off as a conspiracy theory, when haarp is mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies