Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 12:52 PM

594 posts, read 344,790 times

Advertisements

[quote=jasper1372;37350341]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
There is no more substantive answer.

Okay.

Global Analysis - September 2014 | State of the Climate | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

This September wouldn't be warmer than last September if the claim temperatures aren't increasing had merit.

Temperatures aren't increasing as they once were because the ocean makes a fine heat sink. That's the short version.

I doubt it. It's possibly incorrect, any scientific conclusion COULD be wrong, but being wrong isn't the same as false.

Ok....Seabass Inna Bun answered my question with some hard scientific numbers backing up the claim of climate change/global warming using the link above in his comments.

I'm not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination, but the charts/graphs/maps/numbers certainly make it look like the global average tempatures are increasing and and have been for some time.

So, my next challenge is addressed to someone who believes in what I've heard repeated often, that global warming not happened in the past 17 years or so. I've heard this repeated a number of times in other posts (not necessarily in this particular thread though), so I want someone who believes that is true.....to please explain to me how you've come to this conclusion and back it up with some scientific date from whatever source you choose. Each reader will be responsible for evaluating the reliability of said source.

So.....fire away with your explanation (with data to back it up from the source of your choice) as to how you came to the conclusion that global warming hasn't been happening for approximately the past 17 years.
First off, if the ocean is a heat sink now and has halted global warming, that means it was a heat sink in the past. The ocean as a heat sink has been ocurring for a billion years. So explain how the ocean changed, and is suddenly a sink for man made warming now, but was not a heat sink in the 1990s. What has happened to force the ocean to absorb more atmospheric heat than before.

Secondly, do your own research,Google NOOA and "pause." When people quote the pause in warming, they are quoting from NOOA.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM

10,822 posts, read 14,891,992 times
I have been trying to warn you people from 1972!

Quick, send Al Gore another $Billion because only he can save us!

Old 11-20-2014, 01:00 PM

594 posts, read 344,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
They don't think it, they believe it. That's different.
It was the global warming alarmists who told us the weather was going to heat up in the USA. People like Mann and Gore told us we were going to have warmer weather, increased hurricanes, blah, blah, so when people point out colder weather and a decrease in hurricanes, they are thowing all those failed alarmist pridictions back in your face.

That is what happens when you spread wild alarmist predictions of doom and gloom, and the predictions utterly fail to become reality.

The global warming alarmists believed it, it did not ocurr, and then they all pissy when we throw it back in their faces.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:05 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,974,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Well every state in Australia recorded a temperature above 100 deg F and Sao Paulo Brazil faces the the real possibility of running out of water in a month or two and summer down there is just getting started.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What is a warming agenda? It doesn't matter what you or I believe. Science does not need belief, and the fact that our world is warming is indisputable. AGW will not have much of an effect on you or I, but it will have a huge effect on future generations if you deniers win this war and nothing is done.
What is happening which man can reverse? Nada. It is called weather.

What happened billions of years ago which hampers us today?

I like this example...Man cannot kill cockroaches; how are we to kill a planet?

We can't. When man dies off, the planet will shrug off any sign of our existtence in short time. Egyptian structures are buried until dug up. How much of man's existence on Earth has been covered over? How much of it do we know nothing of?

If any think insignificant humans can change the future of Earth they are over reaching. these global warming/climate change freaks are looking for an authoritarian figure to tell them how to live their lives as they are too stupid to do so themselves. They brought about plastic grocery bags as paper bags were killing trees. Look what we have now. They brought about bottled water as drinking fountains are "unsanitary". It's for the children.

Consider the Earth a big dog and humanity to be a seasonal flea colony. Fleas die and dog goes on living. Man dies and Earth goes on spinning.

Who on the planet has the ignition switch to turn man's actions on/off?

Aren't chemtrails - they are very real, go out some day and look at them - more of a concern than invented GW/CC? Chemtrails are but geothermal engineering, basically cloud seeding. Go ahead and read about it.

GW/CC is nothing more than another way to give certain businesses preferential treatment. CFL companies make a fortune because they are "more efficient". They must be disposed of properly as they contain mercury. How many end up in landfills rather than being disposed of "properly"? I liken it to hunting for lead paint. Follow the mercury as there is far more of it laying around now. LED manufacturers are on the good side of the GW/CC crowd as well.

What happened to personal choice? Has it been legislated out of our lives? We have no choice in what constitutes gasoline; engines were engineered to burn petroleum, not alcohol. Fuel mileage actually suffers when adding ethanol as it isn't as efficient as real gas. My truck runs great if I can gas from a boat marina. No pings or knocks, just go.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:15 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,775,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Unfortunately, this weather is in-line with what they are predicting. Places like the united states can expect far worse winters as a result of climate warming

Cold winters have been caused by global warming: new research - Telegraph

So, uh, Wish Granted?
Only half the United States has been having colder than normal winters these past couple of years. So we should expect global cooling, right?

Your article says: "The most comprehensive computer modelling study on the issue to date, it concludes the risk of severe winters in Europe and Northern Asia has doubled as the result of the climate change."

Wish we had conclusions based upon data, not models.

In any case, while confusing climate with weather, you claim that the cold of eastern US and maybe Britain are the result of global warming. It follows that milder winters in many other places are indiicative of globnal cooling, right?

Naw the AGW crowd will be quick rationalize that everything "abnormal" that happens is the result of global warming.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:17 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,926,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The US surface temp graph is from 2012 and the US Extreme graph is from 2013. Wait, I get it!!! Ha ha

I wonder where these skeptics are getting their info? The debate is in the details of what is going to happen not if it is going to happen.

The global surface graph is from 2009. I can't for the life of me see why they don't update it. Oh wait... yes I can:

NOAA 2013 Surface Temperature Graph

Old 11-20-2014, 01:19 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,775,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
i'm so sorry you missed high school, college, or any attempt to read anything of science. I would say you should watch the COSMOS episode regarding climate/global warming/change. It should explain it at your level, if you truly are interested in knowing

somehow, i'm guessing that your ignorance is one of systematic belief not one of actual ignorance due to lack of education and stupidity.
Because we all know that Cosmos is the best science known to mankind.

Thanks for the name calling. I, for one, am convinced based upon that alone

Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,630,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Ugh.

You posted some valid graphs (the AGW liars one doesn't count)... the problem seems to be that you don't realize that none of them prove that AGW isn't real and AGW itself doesn't involve denying that natural cycles occur.
The onus is on you to prove that it is real, and to overcome the null hypothesis.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,974,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
So carbon taxes can fix the weather then? I have heard of weather manipulation, but most just shrug it off as a conspiracy theory, when haarp is mentioned.
Not so long ago, everyone dumped their waste water (i.e. sewage) in rivers, creeks and ditches or let it run down streets. Then it became illegal, and you had to pay a sewage tax to build the technology to remediate it and the World became a much nicer place. Burning fossil fuels and dumping the waste gases into the sky is no different! The carbon tax is no different from a sewage or garbage disposal fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies