Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,442,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
If Obama cared about the country he would have come to the middle after that trouncing, much like Clinton did.

Since he doesn't, the alien scenario seems the most likely.

God save America
Yeah we see how great that worked for clinton huh ? Remember when the republican congress appreciated his efforts at coming closer to the right what did they do ? They impeached him same thing what the current republican party is trying to do already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
In my time, I've seen a few buildings imploded. Beautiful, poetic and suitable. So, I'm rather enjoying the natural implosion of Mr Obama's Presidency that is occurring. Beautiful, poetic, suitable; and oh so slow.
How is his presidency imploding exactly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The last Democratic president was impeached when the GOP won congress. Now that the GOP has control of congress again, we hear the grumblings of impeachment all over again.

Grow up, boys. You lost big twice. Try winning an election.

they know nothing about being adults let me them continue screeching about impeachment and when the time comes for them to actual WORK for once they'll probably just drop the ball again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 11:19 AM

23,520 posts, read 17,196,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
I truly do not know if this would be doable or not, but has anyone considered putting forth a recall attempt with a special election concerning Obama?

It would take the effort out of the hands of politicians and put it in the hands of the people. I feel that it would cost less and be quicker while not stopping the legitimate functions of government.

As I said, I don't know if this is doable or not.

Thoughts?
The media could take care of Obama with either of the two options mentioned or just handcuffs.

Repubs are the losers of a political chess game where the media is supporting the radical D-party of Obama.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,512,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post

they know nothing about being adults let me them continue screeching about impeachment and when the time comes for them to actual WORK for once they'll probably just drop the ball again.
The Pubs carry on like petulant preschoolers. It's like they think they have some kind of constitutional right to the White House and anytime they lose, we hear "massive voter fraud" from their mouthpieces.

Face it, they are good political theater. Amusing, in an immature way.

And they're forever angry.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:52 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,144,144 times
Quote:
I truly do not know if this would be doable or not, but has anyone considered putting forth a recall attempt with a special election concerning Obama?
Not possible.

The Constitution does not permit it.

Certain elected or appointed positions require impeachment for removal.

Other elected positions do permit recall elections. I cannot tell you which ones. You will need to read your township charter, village, town or city charter, county charter and State constitution to know that.

I can tell you that Ohio permits the recall of federal senators and representatives, plus State senators and representatives, as well as all locally elected persons. That's also true for other States, but I cannot remember which ones.

The process/method of removal is also different for each State and the local governments.

Constitutionally...

Mircea

Old 11-16-2014, 12:55 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,091,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I can tell you that Ohio permits the recall of federal senators and representatives
Perhaps Ohio has that written down, but it's unconstitutional and unenforceable.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:08 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,058,088 times
Grubered, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Yeah we see how great that worked for clinton huh ? Remember when the republican congress appreciated his efforts at coming closer to the right what did they do ? They impeached him same thing what the current republican party is trying to do already.

How is his presidency imploding exactly ?

Old 11-16-2014, 01:09 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,947,029 times
Quote:
I feel that it would cost less and be quicker while not stopping the legitimate functions of government.
Ehm - the President acting in his capacity of chief executive is a legitimate function of government.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:11 PM

7,487 posts, read 5,740,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Or aliens from the future open a time portal and suck him out. Both are about as likely as the other to happen .
It's would be nice if they came back and got him early though.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:18 PM

39,064 posts, read 51,175,212 times
We had such an election only two years ago. Guess who won!

Old 11-16-2014, 01:18 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,381,984 times
even if it was possible, it would never happen, the black community thinks he's god and the democratic does what ever he says. the people with jobs are the only that can't vote, they got work to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies