Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 02:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
It's just amazing to me how much effort conservatives put into not giving a crap about other people. "Can't vote because your parents screwed up your paperwork, well boo-hoo, should've tried harder. Can't get a job because all the factories closed, should've built your own factory you poor leech on society."
It's must *uck to need the people you hate so much for survival.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:44 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,172,168 times
So why do the statists believe they have the right to take money from me to give to someone who does nothing?

Old 11-16-2014, 02:48 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Walmart makes billions off of food stamps, they'll never let charities like food banks take over feeding the country's poor. Not gonna happen, food stamps aren't going anywhere.
I volunteer at a food bank and just to let you how it really is....Walmart donates five days a week to the food bank that I volunteer at... There is a volunteer driver for the food bank that goes by Mon thru Fri to pick it up... So does Korger and HEB....volunteer drivers also pick up from them 7 days a week...

Without them the food bank I volunteer at would have to almost close their door....

Old 11-16-2014, 02:52 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Good for the governor of Maine!

I'm all for helping the WORKING poor who stay employed but just can't make enough to feed their families but not for helping the slackers.

Besides picking up litter, they should have to work in community gardens learning to grow healthy food and helping to produce veggies and fruit for themselves and community food pantries. This might help the obesity problem also as they'd get exercise and eat better food than the crap they buy with food stamps.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:48 PM

305 posts, read 654,854 times
Perhaps I am misunderstanding the law, but it doesn't really sound like an absolute work requirement. It sounds like you must be actively trying to find a job, accept suitable job offers or be in a training program. I am not even conservative but I see nothing wrong with that. You have rules like that in countries with more generous welfare,too.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Gotta love the Christian values of conservatives.

If you're poor, try harder. Can't afford to eat? Tough. Go hungry.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:20 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I volunteer at a food bank and just to let you how it really is....Walmart donates five days a week to the food bank that I volunteer at... There is a volunteer driver for the food bank that goes by Mon thru Fri to pick it up... So does Korger and HEB....volunteer drivers also pick up from them 7 days a week...

Without them the food bank I volunteer at would have to almost close their door....
Again, they make billions off of food stamps they better donate some food, plus they need write offs.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Gotta love the Christian values of conservatives.

If you're poor, try harder. Can't afford to eat? Tough. Go hungry.
Yeah, most of todays charities and free hospital care has been started by Christians or Jews.

Pretty evil bunch.

But you'd rather have the Govt collect it then decide on who gets.
That makes no sense.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:32 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A lot of times, the companies will pay for one family member to live in man-camps for 3 weeks with 2 weeks off. Sucks but the pay is very good. Do that for a period of time until the family finances are such they can look at other options.

Beats hell out of sucking on the Gov teat. And gain a bit of self-respect.
For most people it does, for liberals they don't see anything wrong with sucking on the Gov teat and think people who don't are stupid. If you offered them a guaranteed government job in exchange for welfare if they would even accept the job they'd demand someone come to their door and give them a ride to/from the job.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:35 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, most of todays charities and free hospital care has been started by Christians or Jews.

Pretty evil bunch.

But you'd rather have the Govt collect it then decide on who gets.
That makes no sense.
Yea, go visit a charity. That relieves you of any responsibility of helping your fellow countrymen.

My comment stands. The self-righteous right-wing Christians are hypocrites. They want the poor to just go away and die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies