Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 01:40 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times

Advertisements

Don't say conservatives didn't warn you. Conservatives cried foul, subterfuge and political shenanigans when the 2015 enrollment period start was pushed back to after the 2014 Midterm elections.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration on Friday unveiled data showing that many Americans with health insurance bought under the Affordable Care Act could face substantial price increases next year -- in some cases as much as 20 percent -- unless they switch plans.

The data became available just hours before the health insurance marketplace was to open to buyers seeking insurance for 2015.
Cost of coverage under care act set to increase

Just more of, "You can keep your plan if you like it." ("Oh, and if you can afford it.")

And, "We'll reduce a typical families premiums by $2,500." ("Someday, over the rainbow.")

Remember, "You can keep your doctor." ("If she is covered under your new plan.")

Kind of makes you see blue, don't it?

Yes, yes, I can hear Crystal Gayle warming up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgP-6mzz00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 01:57 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Depends on the plan and the state and...

If you read past the first sentence you discover that in NH a silver plan can now be had for 14% less. Lots of places have seen pretty substantial decreases.

Here's a handy map:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...Will-Rise.html

Old 11-16-2014, 02:01 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

If you read past the first sentence you discover that in NH a silver plan can now be had for 14% less.
Right-wingers have a poor grasp on the whole "average" concept.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:19 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

When was it sold as an "average"?

And lefties like to be lied to.....and accept it as the truth...

Where is the $2500 decrease...

Go ahead, we will wait...

Old 11-16-2014, 03:32 PM

Not at all. Note this in the quote I provided. "in some cases as much as 20 percent -- unless they switch plans." I will not spoon feed anyone. You did read the entrie article, which you ay not have, had I not called it to your attention. The idea is to help educate people so the administration can no longer gruberize you. No, instead you chose to attack. I'd say you missed the entire concept of being an informed citizen.

If not for Conservatives paying attention, Solyent Green is awaiting you.
Quote:

Old 11-16-2014, 03:35 PM

I do not disagree with you at this point. As I told fictional detective #1, the intent is to bring information. To get you started. What you choose to do with the lead in is entirely up to you. No mandates from here. I trust my fellow countryman to make good decisions, unlike this administration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

If you read past the first sentence you discover that in NH a silver plan can now be had for 14% less. Lots of places have seen pretty substantial decreases.

Here's a handy map:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...Will-Rise.html

Old 11-16-2014, 03:36 PM

Given the administration's track record on full disclosure to this point, this news is just the beginning in all likelihood.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:38 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
The Leeches don't care as long as they get theirs for free.

If your costs go up, they just shrug.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Looks like some people will see it go up and some will see it go down. But of course this is a bash ACA thread so there isn't any decrease going on at all, we can't have right wingers ever being honest about something like ACA, now can we.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:42 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:

If more than half the plans are seeing increases that exceed those markets with decreases...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies