Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 05:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,923,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Not a change by the republicans but their effort to stop Medicaid expansion in conservative strong holds is hurting millions. But what ever, I guess the poor truly don't mater because theiy are undeserving and leeches, right?
States have to come up with hundreds of billions of dollars in a few years to start paying for it..

Where do you think they will come up with the money Stizzel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 05:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,923,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtraveler View Post
I don't know why conservatives complain so much about obamacare. Is it because rich people will have less money to spend on golden toilets? If you had it your way, all poor people would have no health insurance. I know I was never able to afford health insurance until I got an Obamacare plan. So I do not fall for these silly scare tactics.
One has to be a complete moron to believe the rich are being harmed by Obamacare...

We were told that we had to pass ACA because people were filing bankruptcy, or even worse, dying, because they didnt have insurance.

ACA passsed with 36 million americans uninsured. We now have 41 million..

Arent you at all upset at the millions more who are in a position to DIE because they lost insurance over ACA?

You dont seem to care, provided you got yours.. Fk everyone else who lost insurance so you can have it, let them DIE...

Old 11-18-2014, 05:08 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,036,035 times
Of course conservative want Obamacare gone. Bad legislation is like bad medical care. The patient dies. There have been several repeal and replace bills passed by the house, still locked in Harry Reid's desk. Not even allowing debate. What is the left afraid of, in not allowing debate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Conservatives warn us about Obamacare??

Republicans want Obamacare to fail (and republicans want Obamacare to hurt as many people as possible, to get them mad at democrats, so those angry Americans will vote republican.)

There are only (3) republicans in Washington that want to fix Obamacares problems.
Kingston: O-Care failure not 'responsible' | TheHill

The rest of the republicans in Washington want Obamacare to fail and hurt people, so they can use Obamacare as a political weapon to win elections.
Virginia election shows Obamacare can be used as political weapon - Washington Times
Kingston: O-Care failure not 'responsible' | TheHill

If we had more than (3) republicans in Washington who were willing to fix Obamacare, then Obamacare would be hurting hardly no one.

Its strange how conservatives complain about Obamacare hurting people (when republicans in Washington want Obamacare to hurt people.)

Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 AM

46,186 posts, read 26,914,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It's in the mail, didn't you hear, the president said everyone was getting $2500.

AWESOME, cause I'm that typical American family...so where is it...

The left's play on words is AMAZING....

Just like "My plan begins by covering EVERY American." <<<<<< how's that working for ya?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:34 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,641,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtraveler View Post
I don't know why conservatives complain so much about obamacare. Is it because rich people will have less money to spend on golden toilets? If you had it your way, all poor people would have no health insurance. I know I was never able to afford health insurance until I got an Obamacare plan. So I do not fall for these silly scare tactics.
I could afford health insurance until obamacare kicked in. That is why I hate it.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 AM

88,684 posts, read 44,444,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I could afford health insurance until obamacare kicked in. That is why I hate it.
You are far from alone.
Quote:
"Americans who say they’ve been hurt by Obamacare outnumber those who say they’ve benefited from it by more than 2 to 1, according to recent polls by both Rasmussen and Gallup."
The High Costs of Obamacare | RealClearPolitics

Old 11-18-2014, 09:01 AM

30,617 posts, read 21,786,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Most everyone I know has been harmed by O-I-don't-care. My daughter, who is a hair dresser, can no longer afford health care with a deductible of over $6K...so her costs have skyrocketed and she won't go to get health care because she can't afford the deductible. I think the 90% that already had health coverage have seen their costs and benefits decrease. The 10% getting a significant subsidy have benefited...still that's a bad equation. We need something much better than what we got. What we had needed to be improved by O-I don't car only made things worse.
"can no longer afford health care with a deductible of over $6K...so her costs have skyrocketed and she won't go to get health care because she can't afford the deductible"

Sounds like the same plan that I have. Fortunately I can afford it, but having a minor operation last year, where I had to pay the deductable I ended up spendiing 4.5 k more than the previous year.

"The 10% getting a significant subsidy have benefited"
I don't know of anyone benefitting from it, other then the insurance companies. Fortunately I have benefitted by having stocks in health insurance companies

Old 11-18-2014, 09:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,701,377 times
Does anyone recall Obama ranting over the "evil" insurance companies? Well having him in office for 6 years ....the insurance companies are still evil and a handful of insiders are getting very wealthy...like Gruber and company. Insurance companies are very, very happy with the ACA and will fight tooth and nail to keep it. Single payer will never happen.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:08 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,420,406 times
you ever wonder, maybe context might be important

Since insurance plans . . .go up every year?

Obamacare’s premiums are going up — at the same rate as everyone else’s - The Washington Post

Old 11-18-2014, 09:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,701,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I went into my State exchange site to see what this year's rates would be.

It said the best/cheapest plan for me (this is after the American taxpayers kick in $550 a month towards my medical) has a monthly premium I still can't easily afford, a $4500 deductible and a medical plan that will only pay 60% of the expenses after the deductible is met.

I remember arguing with a friend about what all the eventual costs of this would be back in 2010. She was positive it would provide wonderful nearly free medical insurance for her two adult children. One of her kids signed up last year, found out that between the monthly premium, co-pays and deductible that it just wasn't worth it and dropped the insurance. The other didn't bother to sign up.

This isn't about left-wing or right-wing. It's about money out of your pocket.
I is more about Americans who are without substantial savings and lower paychecks. We have little income after the crash in 08 but had managed to invest in property and put $$ away for rainy days. We had a $16,000 out of pocket experience this year and it was an eye opener. We will not be retiring for a long time and will try to live on soup and save. Good luck and I hope we see this ease up a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies