Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 08:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Take a look at profit margins in the health insurance industry over the last 30 years. For-profit health insurance simply does not work for consumers--it works for the insurance company shareholders.
Insurance profit margins arent very big in the scheme of things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:33 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Don't say conservatives didn't warn you. Conservatives cried foul, subterfuge and political shenanigans when the 2015 enrollment period start was pushed back to after the 2014 Midterm elections.

Cost of coverage under care act set to increase

Just more of, "You can keep your plan if you like it." ("Oh, and if you can afford it.")

And, "We'll reduce a typical families premiums by $2,500." ("Someday, over the rainbow.")

Remember, "You can keep your doctor." ("If she is covered under your new plan.")

Kind of makes you see blue, don't it?

Yes, yes, I can hear Crystal Gayle warming up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgP-6mzz00
Conservatives warn us about Obamacare??

Republicans want Obamacare to fail (and republicans want Obamacare to hurt as many people as possible, to get them mad at democrats, so those angry Americans will vote republican.)

There are only (3) republicans in Washington that want to fix Obamacares problems.
Kingston: O-Care failure not 'responsible' | TheHill

The rest of the republicans in Washington want Obamacare to fail and hurt people, so they can use Obamacare as a political weapon to win elections.
Virginia election shows Obamacare can be used as political weapon - Washington Times
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-let-obamacare

If we had more than (3) republicans in Washington who were willing to fix Obamacare, then Obamacare would be hurting hardly no one.

Its strange how conservatives complain about Obamacare hurting people (when republicans in Washington want Obamacare to hurt people.)

Last edited by chad3; 11-17-2014 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 08:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
The entire notion of paying anything towards health care is offensive to most receiving public assistance

Old 11-17-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Conservatives warn us about Obamacare??

Republicans want Obamacare to fail (and republicans want Obamacare to hurt as many people as possible, to get them mad at democrats, and then those people vote republican.)

There are only (3) republicans in Washington that want to fix Obamacares problems.

The rest of the republicans in Washington are using Obamacare as a political weapon to win elections.
Virginia election shows Obamacare can be used as political weapon - Washington Times

If we had more than (3) republicans in Washington who were willing to fix Obamacare, then Obamacare would be hurting hardly no one.

Its strange how conservatives complain about Obamacare hurting people (when republicans in Washington want Obamacare to hurt people.)
Please list for me the changes Republicans have made to Obamacare to have it hurt as many people as possible..

Thank you..

Old 11-17-2014, 09:02 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please list for me the changes Republicans have made to Obamacare to have it hurt as many people as possible..

Thank you..
Republicans will not (fix) Obamacare.

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) has a plan to stop Obamacare from hurting small businesses, its called the “Small Business Fairness in ObamaCare Act." But only (2) other republicans in Washington supported the bill, and the bill can not pass.

The conservative mind knows how to stop Obamacare from hurting small businesses, and I'm sure the conservative mind could stop Obamacare from hurting other Americans as well. But if the republicans fixed Obamacare, they would no longer be able to put campaign commercials on TV saying "Obamacare is hurting people, and we have to vote against anyone who supports Obama."

Old 11-17-2014, 09:18 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Thank you..
Not a change by the republicans but their effort to stop Medicaid expansion in conservative strong holds is hurting millions. But what ever, I guess the poor truly don't mater because theiy are undeserving and leeches, right?

Old 11-17-2014, 11:17 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Where's my $2500?

Old 11-18-2014, 12:36 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Where's my $2500?
It's in the mail, didn't you hear, the president said everyone was getting $2500.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:42 AM

52 posts, read 59,611 times
I don't know why conservatives complain so much about obamacare. Is it because rich people will have less money to spend on golden toilets? If you had it your way, all poor people would have no health insurance. I know I was never able to afford health insurance until I got an Obamacare plan. So I do not fall for these silly scare tactics.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans will not (fix) Obamacare.

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) has a plan to stop Obamacare from hurting small businesses, its called the “Small Business Fairness in ObamaCare Act." But only (2) other republicans in Washington supported the bill, and the bill can not pass.

The conservative mind knows how to stop Obamacare from hurting small businesses, and I'm sure the conservative mind could stop Obamacare from hurting other Americans as well. But if the republicans fixed Obamacare, they would no longer be able to put campaign commercials on TV saying "Obamacare is hurting people, and we have to vote against anyone who supports Obama."
That doesnt answer the question.

Again what changes DID REPUBLICANS make, to cause Obamacare to FAIL..

Saying they wont fix it, would mean that its a POS and needs fixed, but Democrats are the ones who passed it..

Are you telling me Democrats passed a POS? Thats hell of an admission there chad..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies