Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:00 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Wow...I'm a girl and all I can say is, this guy landed a space craft on a comet; he can wear whatever he damn wants.!

That's one ugly ass shirt though. The only thing he is guilty of is bad taste in clothes.
Bad taste in clothes and tacky tats all over the place.....blech.

LOL! No accounting for taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 01:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This horrific and nightmarish man possibly committed 6th degree rape by wearing that sexist and hurtful shirt!

I'll bite...what constitutes 6th degree rape? Looking at the girls on the cover of Cosmo with lust/desire while in the checkout line?

Old 11-19-2014, 01:36 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
While the Rosetta spacecraft was landing, Rosetta scientist Matt Taylor was interviewed on TV and chose to dress, for this special occasion, in a bowling shirt covered in scantly clad caricatures of sexy women in provocative poses. Many are outraged but he also has many supporters.

"I'm bothered by the fact that no one in charge to made him change shirts before going on video. Suggests they didn't see problem"

"Is this standard clothing for him or something he wears on special occasions? Either way, he's a creep."

https://archive.today/e4Yyu#selection-3527.15-3527.188
https://twitter.com/roseveleth/statu...561024/photo/1
https://archive.today/e4Yyu

I liked him until he apologized. Now I hate hate the sniveling coward.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:43 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as 'hate' but that abject apology was pathetic.
He should have told the whiners to take a flying fark.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'the environment that they have'?

an environment where men occasionally wear garish shirts with bikini girls on them?

the horror.

My late uncle gave me a dozen Hawaiian shirts for Christmas a few years back and more than one had girls in bikinis, grass skirts and cocanut shell tops. I never thought much of it as I have seen shirts like that for years. They are Hawaiian shirts; what else are they to have on them but fish, girls or alcohol? Maybe a surfboard or palm trees but they are the real deal from Hawaii. He paid good money for them. I wear them proudly.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:44 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

I'll bite...what constitutes 6th degree rape? Looking at the girls on the cover of Cosmo with lust/desire while in the checkout line?

A hot girl walks by and you look at her very, very naughtily for a long time......you have just committed a form of rape in the 6th degree.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:25 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This. He should have just been a man, ignored the whole whiney thing and just kept on trucking in the world of science.

Sorry dude. Hope you get you harryparatestes back soon.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:27 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
A hot girl walks by and you look at her very, very naughtily for a long time......you have just committed a form of rape in the 6th degree.
Is that written into law somewhere in the US? What are the penalties?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 AM

779 posts, read 632,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'the environment that they have'?

an environment where men occasionally wear garish shirts with bikini girls on them?

the horror.
The exaggerating is cracking me up. Let's not pretend that men can be a little freer with the topic of discussion and behavior when there are fewer ladies are around. Let's not pretend that sometimes it's a little work to be considerate of your female coworkers when the workplace becomes more diverse. This would be the environment that I was referring to not a shirt.

I guess it's crazy to you to think that a guy might want to be considerate in how he represents himself in front of his colleagues in the same way that a woman our gay man probably wouldn't wear shirtless oiled men.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
He should never have apologized for that. I would have loved for him to flip the bird at these feminists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies