Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 09:18 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I worked in 3 Muslim countries and yes I know that some are good people but they are pawns of that superstition. But Muslims are a threat no matter where they are. You can choose to ignore this threat but I won't. If there is a G-d, I don't think he would be advocating beheadings and killing innocent humans like Muslims routinely do.
People usually insert a hyphen on this forum when they don't want to write a complete swear word. It's OK. You can actually write the entire word God.

This thread is disgusting. So is having a Muslim offer a prayer in the House, in the name of Allah.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:32 PM

274 posts, read 239,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Same god as the Christians worship. Different name.
Ahhhhhh... No.

If this were the case then the following would not be accurate. Repeat after me, "There is no "God" but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger.

If what you say is true then it would go like this... There is no Allah but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger.

So in Islam Allah is not synonymous with God or their would be no need for The two words.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Except Allah demands head sacrifices!
Yeah, I'd be more in favor of the ones who use goats and children. Then there is the ones that sacrifice chickens. That don't sound to bad but I could never understand what they were saying.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:39 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The French did beheading until 1952 I believe;
1977, actually. Spain used the garrote until 1974.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:41 PM

274 posts, read 239,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah, I'd be more in favor of the ones who use goats and children. Then there is the ones that sacrifice chickens. That don't sound to bad but I could never understand what they were saying.
It's not all that important what the chicken sacrificers say just know you will have the choice of thigh, Breast, or drum stick. If you are really lucky you will get to add original or extra crispy to the order.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
Ahhhhhh... No.

If this were the case then the following would not be accurate. Repeat after me, "There is no "God" but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger.

If what you say is true then it would go like this... There is no Allah but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger.

So in Islam Allah is not synonymous with God or their would be no need for The two words.
Clever, but not enough.

There are two words in Arabic: ilah (god) and al-Ilah (the God; the Big Kahuna; the Man Upstairs). Allah is a contraction of the latter.

Any old idol can be called an ilah.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:45 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
Ahhhhhh... No.

Allah is arabic for god...different language. Are you an authority on arabic or religions? What are your credentials to substantiate this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies