Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:29 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think Mircea believes that the goal of unseating the dollar as a global currency will cause Japan and China to unite in creating a new global currency.

Even then the idea is highly unlikely to succeed. Countries have been trying to do this for decades.
The EU is the result of such nonsense. A united currency without political unity. It would work if Europe was the US of E. It might work if the ECB becomes more Fed-like. But China and Japan uniting is a very very far fetched end point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 06:52 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think Mircea believes that the goal of unseating the dollar as a global currency will cause Japan and China to unite in creating a new global currency.

Even then the idea is highly unlikely to succeed. Countries have been trying to do this for decades.

How's that Euro working out? It's not.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:26 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,803 times
One reason for this recession is that Japanese trade with China has been in decline over the past two years due to the political disputes. I don't know what Japan is thinking but decoupling from China is an extremely dangerous move and will only prolong its economic malaise. As difficult as it is for Japan, they are going to have follow South Korea's lead and begin to embrace China and not antagonize it. As long as Japan continues to support America's presence in the Western Pacific, the Chinese will not fully open its market to Japan and will continue to hamper Japanese business efforts in China.

Personally, I think Japan should sign a free trade agreement with China, declare neutrality and expel the US military, open up the country to Chinese immigration, and agree to the territorial concessions demanded by China. South Korea has done 2 of the 4 (Chinese immigration and the free trade agreement) and promised China not to press any territorial claims such as Socotra Rock or Jiandao and it has reaped the awards by continuing to grow economically.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Except you don't
Actually I do, and nothing you posted refutes any claim i have said.

Quote:
Why would recessions create a 1:1 job exchange?

Recession are about inefficient use of Capital that is dead wood creating a drag on the economy.
The people in this forum and the many conservatives saying letting a recession naturally run its course.

Quote:
And you have just proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you have no understanding of economics.

If GM and Chrysler had gone out of business, then it would be due to the irrefutable fact that each had violated the Three Laws of Business:

1] You must produce a product or offer a service that is in demand; and
2] The product or service you offer must be of the highest quality relative to price; and
3] Your product or service must be competitively priced.

GM and Chrysler violated all 3 Laws.

The made boring cars that looked like they were designed by a 3-year-old; the cars were recalled for problems every other day, and the were not competitively priced domestically or globally.

In your Bizarro World, we're supposed to be bled dry to bank-roll 8-Track Tape manufactures, because no companies will replace the ones that go out of business, in spite of the fact that they shouldn't be in business.

When GM and Chrysler die, that frees up lots of Capital to be used in other sectors of your economy.

You must be so proud of yourself having destroyed public education in the US at all levels.

Had you moved into your 5th Level Economy in the mid-1990s like you were suppose to, the Capital from the defunct GM and Chrysler could be used to expand your 5th Level Economy creating high-paying R&D jobs.

But, sadly, ideology is more important to you than a strong economy with high paying jobs.
Nothing you posting in between the 2 bold areas, backs up your argument. I mentioned nothing of ideology, only that letting recessions run their courses does not guarantee that they end faster or that they will recover jobs lost during said recessions.

That was my argument and nothing you said contradicted that. All you did is post about things i never mentioned and things that have nothing to do with my statement.

If you care to actually respond to my post and my point, Which i will reiterate for you; That recessions running their course does not guarantee that they last shorter times or that they will replace each job lost, then i look forward to your response.

Quote:
They are as close to perfect as can possibly be, and that's Light Years from people like you.
Did i ever say It was the worst system or not the best ? Again you are purposefully being obtuse, arguing against statements i never said.

Respond to the content and context of my post, not what you wanted me to say.

Quote:
Yes, there is.
True,there are in theory, but our system isnt truly free, otherwise the phrase government bailout wouldnt exist in the American vocabulary.

Quote:
That's because people like you interfere.

It's a circular argument to do everything in your power to inhibit and prevent Free Markets and then claim that Free Markets don't exist or don't work.
circular argument yes, but that doesnt change the fact that it is true that no truly free markets. You just contradicted yourself by saying they do exist and then admitting they dont.

Quote:
"Everyone else does it" is not an excuse....but it is a fallacy.
you speak of Argumentum ad populum which doesnt apply here because no truly free market exist.

Ad populum only applies when you are lying about everyone doing it. If everyone is actually doing it, then it isnt a fallacy. The fallacy part is based on the lie.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
U can't debt your way out of debt

Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ford would have created their own in house supply... That is why they have been the leaders in the industry and the model for all others throughout the last century.

The #1 selling vehicle in the world, is the Ford F-150.
The second is the Ford F-250.
There is no evidence to support that claim, only the assumption that you believe Ford would have been able to sustain itself.

Also a quick google search says the Toyota Corolla has sold about 6 million more cars over its life than the combined sells of the F-150 and F-250... and its 20 years younger than the F Series.

Maybe you meant best selling in the US ???? that statement would be true.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
A 2 year recession last 5 or 10 or 50... Our recession has not run it's course, regardless of what Obama has read from a teleprompter. It's closing on 10 years now; who knows how long it will continue under liberal policies put forth by the current administration? Constant war and non existent immigration policies are ruining this country and ensure a semi-permanent recession.
1. A recession has set parameters

2. based on those parameters, we are not in one.

If you are arguing that we may fall back into one, or that this recovery is weak, that can be debated, but whether or not we are in a recession can not. We are in a Recovery.

3. Liberal policies ? I didnt know George Bush was a liberal ( seeing as President Obama did not start either war, nor has he started any new one). since 1950, there has been active US troops deployed around the world in different conflicts.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:59 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
We (USA) may not be next because our growth in oil and gas the last few years has triggered growth in energy dependent industries. So even as japan and Europe slips into recession, the USA may still grow its economy. However if Europe follows japan into recession, then the USA economy will need strength in China, India, S. America to avoid slipping into recession as well as you need someone to sell your goods to.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:03 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
One reason for this recession is that Japanese trade with China has been in decline over the past two years due to the political disputes. I don't know what Japan is thinking but decoupling from China is an extremely dangerous move and will only prolong its economic malaise. As difficult as it is for Japan, they are going to have follow South Korea's lead and begin to embrace China and not antagonize it. As long as Japan continues to support America's presence in the Western Pacific, the Chinese will not fully open its market to Japan and will continue to hamper Japanese business efforts in China.

Personally, I think Japan should sign a free trade agreement with China, declare neutrality and expel the US military, open up the country to Chinese immigration, and agree to the territorial concessions demanded by China. South Korea has done 2 of the 4 (Chinese immigration and the free trade agreement) and promised China not to press any territorial claims such as Socotra Rock or Jiandao and it has reaped the awards by continuing to grow economically.
Bwahahahha. Seriously, you have NO idea how much these folks hate each other.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:28 AM

323 posts, read 428,721 times
So japan is delaying increasing the consumption tax for 18 months. But they cant wait when that 18 months is up its going up.................lol.

What am i missing.

Shouldnt they be decreasing tax rates to nudge people to spend.

And despite recession wages will be going up during it..................lol. He almost guaranteed it. Wimmin will be incorporated into the work force too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies