Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I am convinced that Climate Change is...
not happening 15 20.83%
real, but not human influenced 41 56.94%
human influenced, but not by CO2 0 0%
tolerable if CO2 is kept under 540 ppm 1 1.39%
harmful to Humans/Earth if CO2 doubles from 1080 ppm to 2160 ppm 4 5.56%
destructive to Humans/Earth if CO2 doubles from 4320 ppm to 8640 ppm 2 2.78%
I don't know 5 6.94%
I don't care 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:36 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,583,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Over exaggeration. The ice sheets would not occur instantly, for one thing.

While much current agriculture areas would gradually fall out of production, places that are now non agricultural would come into production. Even the Sahara Desert would prove fertile. Maybe even the lakes of Death Valley would return.

In nature, when something is lost, something is also gained.
I'm sure that will be an immense comfort to the parents whose children die in the inevitable wars over drinking water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
They know their tricks have been exposed, but they can't and won't ever admit defeat, no matter how much they're proven wrong. It is like the democrats thinking they won the 2014 election, even though they lost big time.
It's almost like scientific facts don't vary based on American elections.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:52 AM

38,619 posts, read 26,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Right wingers declare it fraudulent because it contradicts the talking points of Republican scum. When challenged to provide evidence of this fraud, they either run like curs or whine and cry about liberals. No facts anywhere support the right's claims of fraud. That's why Republican liars such as James Inhofe have to lie and pretend creationist cue-card readers are climatologists; right-wing claims are not supported by facts.

While I can't speak for "Republican scum", I do feel it necessary to point out that bull **** need not rise to the level of organized conspiratorial fraud to be bull ****.

Bull **** just needs to be materially false or even exaggerated to the point that it cannot be reconciled with reality.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:33 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,845,580 times
I haven't been participating in any Global Warming discussions but I have often seen the term AGW floating around. What does it mean? Al Global Warming?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:49 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,409,969 times
Quote:
Right wingers declare it fraudulent because it contradicts the talking points of Republican scum. When challenged to provide evidence of this fraud, they either run like curs or whine and cry about liberals. No facts anywhere support the right's claims of fraud. That's why Republican liars such as James Inhofe have to lie and pretend creationist cue-card readers are climatologists; right-wing claims are not supported by facts.
is that all you got...personal attacks

who cares what inhof says...he is not a scientist...he is a senator

fact the earth has warmed and cooled many, many times.... all natural...you CANT DISBUTE that fact

not one scientist has said that it is definitive that only man has caused any (to include the 'current') warming or cooling..... only the fascist liberals who want to install another tax on humanity have said that

Old 11-26-2014, 06:00 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
There has always been natural climate change. If there is any human influence with this one, the influence is minimal, practically non-existent. Having said that, I am all for reducing pollution, but let's not pretend our efforts will affect the global temperatures.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:58 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,276,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
For every link you post which denies the Climategate scandal, I can post one confirming it.
No you can't. You can post links to other right-wing denialist sites that repeat the claim, but you can't post links to investigations of the work that support those claims.

Since I've shown that I have indeed heard of the issue I so no reason to continue this discussion. You asked if I'd heard of it, and I answered you. Sorry if I upset you by exposing you to facts that show denialists are clowns, but I can't help how you feel.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:01 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Your whining about Obama doesn't affect my way of life in any way, shape, or form. How you feel about your president doesn't particularly concern me or my opinion of environmental matters. Your whining about Obama is not important or relevant.
Thank you once again for proving my point.

The left only cares about taxing and more government, they could care less about the environment.

"We need to stop climate change, but people should be able to do whatever they want without any criticism. If you want to fly everywhere on a private jet, ok. If you want to drive a car that gets 2 mph, ok. People can do what they want, as long as we collect more taxes."

Old 11-26-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
who cares what inhof says.
That guy who posted a link to his talking point seems to care. And anyone who cares what the Environment and Publics Works Committee does, should care. And since he'll be the one who attempts to gut the EPA, I predict a lot of people here will soon be big fans of his too.

Quote:
..he is not a scientist...he is a senator
"not a scientist" is the very least of his disqualifications. He's up for the role of chair of the Environment and Public Works Committee. Do you think a man who thinks global warming can't be real because Jesus and who claims creationist weathermen are climatologists because they agree with him is fit for that role? Probably. But I don't think so. And it's important that people understand that Republicans are not fit to govern.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:26 AM

1,245 posts, read 920,324 times
Quote:
Those so called facts, are REJECTED by you people, because they aren't part of the climate alarmist agenda. Yet you're here constantly whining and crying about "skeptics", oops I better put in terms you understand, I meant "denier".

When you need to have an advertising company track down climate change deniers online, then some thing isn't right with what your saying. Go find an honest hobby, and stay away from ones that are mainstream, or ones that get overly hyped.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Thank you once again for proving my point.

The left only cares about taxing and more government, they could care less about the environment.

"We need to stop climate change, but people should be able to do whatever they want without any criticism. If you want to fly everywhere on a private jet, ok. If you want to drive a car that gets 2 mph, ok. People can do what they want, as long as we collect more taxes."
No, that's just a strange form of paranoia on your part. No one's actually said what you placed in quotation marks, it's something you made up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies