Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 07:56 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
O really? Are you there counting them? Does that invalidate the concerns of the protesters?
Yes, I have been counting them. And no, it does not invalidate their concerns. It does invalidate their assertion that there are no safety concerns because they are peaceful protesters. They are not the safety concern.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:26 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Peaceful protesters in south city throwing rocks, not clear why or at whom, injure LA times reporter:

L.A Times reporter injured while covering protests in south St. Louis | KMOV.com St. Louis

Probably the same group who tried to show down the Missouri Botanical Gardens Glow tonight, but the Gardens shut down early. Why not throw rocks instead?

Nothing gets back at the man like trying to shut down one of the city's great cultural locations and then throwing rocks.

Impressive. Can wait until the real protests start.

Last edited by MUTGR; 11-23-2014 at 08:42 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 10:55 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,019,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You deflect sir. Would you address some tough questions about the extremely high rate of black crime per capita? Would you like to have that conversation?

Race and crime flyer - Unamusement Park
Just out curiosity, pulled the 2012 crime stats from the FBI.gov website and the numbers don't seem to align with what you posted.

It seems fairly apparent that the FBI stats aren't that "great" just giving some of the discrepancies but from their victim data, it shows:

3,128 White Murder Victims - 2,614 of them were killed by White murders, while 431 were killed by Black murders

2,648 Black Victims - 2,412 of them were killed by Black murders, while 193 were killed by White murders

So by those numbers, white victims had a 13% chance of being murdered by a black killer, and black victims had a 7% chance of being murdered by a white killer. Leads me to believe that people tend to kill within their own race.

Also note, that in another part of their website it lists nearly 15,000 murders for 2012...so the ~6,000 murders listed in their race breakdown is only a small piece.

Other item of note, on the slide with 15,000 murders it lists ~4,500 white murders and ~5,500 Black Murders and doesn't account for another ~4,200 murders who are listed as "unknown".

Now we can take these numbers are swash them around to come up with essentially whatever our hearts desire. One example.

The number of murders found in both White and Black races peak between the age of 20-24 years old and decline after. After the age of 30 however, more whites are convicted of murder than blacks for every age range thereafter. Taking into account ONLY the actual number of murders in the nation, it would appear that after the 30 a white male is more likely to kill you than a black male, especially considering that the total number of murders to the whole of any collective racial group is inherently small.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You deflect sir. Would you address some tough questions about the extremely high rate of black crime per capita? Would you like to have that conversation?

Race and crime flyer - Unamusement Park
I would love to have that conversation. We can talk about how society breeds black criminals, and our collective responsibility for it. Unless you mean talking about how black people have some sort of Crime Gene and they should all be put down, or something.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:57 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I can almost imagine the wave of relief passing through many comfortable middle class persons when the rioters and looters broke onto the scene. "Whew, for a minute there I thought we'd have to address some tough questions about the role of blacks in our society and the differences in how they are treated by our institutions. Thank goodness some scary black kids in masks broke some shop windows, thereby invalidating every complaint the black community has about their treatment by society!"
The Black Community has been doing a good job of embarrassing itself. First they defended Trayvon Martin, a guy who was later revealed to be a thug who jumped and tried to murder a guy (Zimmerman) at a condo complex. Now they're defending a guy who was shown on camera robbing a store and who probably punched a cop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebu6Yvzs4Ls

"I asked him where he at and he said he at the back of his Daddy fiance house." (So Trayvon could have just walked inside and called the police, but instead he purposely went looking for the "cracka".)

Old 11-24-2014, 07:11 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Unless you mean talking about how black people have some sort of Crime Gene and they should all be put down, or something.
Straw Man

Old 11-24-2014, 07:35 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
The Black Community has been doing a good job of embarrassing itself. First they defended Trayvon Martin, a guy who was later revealed to be a thug who jumped and tried to murder a guy (Zimmerman) at a condo complex. Now they're defending a guy who was shown on camera robbing a store and who probably punched a cop.

Afterburner w/Bill Whittle: The Lynching - YouTube

"I asked him where he at and he said he at the back of his Daddy fiance house." (So Trayvon could have just walked inside and called the police, but instead he purposely went looking for the "cracka".)
Never refer to Bill Whittle if you want to be taken seriously. This is the same guy who was going on about skittle drugs or some nonsense.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:21 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
I am glad I don't live in the cyber world or I may just become a racist myself.

Most White people I know are open minded and they don't follow the same silly thought process of what I see online.

As soon as a crime story pops up online they go into this racially motivated frenzy that only people with low IQ's, no morals and low self esteem have.

Then they listen to the lazy irresponsible journalist who feeds into their bigotry.

This is my last post on City-Data.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:58 AM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I am glad I don't live in the cyber world or I may just become a racist myself.

Most White people I know are open minded and they don't follow the same silly thought process of what I see online.

As soon as a crime story pops up online they go into this racially motivated frenzy that only people with low IQ's, no morals and low self esteem have.

Then they listen to the lazy irresponsible journalist who feeds into their bigotry.

This is my last post on City-Data.
The internet and anonymity seems to have made people nastier in general. Youtube comments are insane.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:48 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,019,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
The internet and anonymity seems to have made people nastier in general. Youtube comments are insane.
I prefer the comments on the post dispatch that are linked to facebook accounts...then people are totally willing to show their "true colors" for all eternity on a website...truly entertaining, disturbing, and occasionally angering.

Have often wondered what would be written if I became a St. Louis statistic...

College Educated father of two and devoted husband gunned down on the mean streets of St. Louis for no good reason.

or

Clearly a black animal who was engaging in thuggish activities and paid the price, one less *sshole that we have to pay for in prison.

It's sad that when people are killed, the first comments on the internet about them has to do with how their poor life choices have contributed to their death. People seem to have no desire to say a kind word or keep their mouths shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies