Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 10:56 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlFalls56649 View Post
Up here, in the last town before crossing the border leaving the US, the windchill is -10. That in itself, coupled with the fact that we are 165 miles north of a large enough city where criminals can blend in downtown, is why we don't have these situations. People who have come up here to cause trouble or find some stupid blonde girl to live off of get into trouble so fast and have nowhere to hide, that after being released from our 'county inn' they tell their friends in Minneapolis or Chicago or Detroit not to bother coming up here. Sure, housing is cheap and there are social services intact, but that comes with clean living. If you're here to cause trouble, you're putting yourself on police radar and that's your fault. I don't care how young you are or whether you're a 'gentle giant' (also known as 'Shamoo') or here to get as many white girls pregnant or hooked on heroin as possible.

If people down south were smarter you'd wait until the temperatures drop to 10-20 degrees before announcing the verdict. Watch how many people 'exercise their right to protest' when they should be exercising at the local 'Y' instead or getting themselves a gall-dang job. If you want to be treated differently then finish school. Live clean. Don't have kids until you're at least 30 and only have two at the most. These aren't outrageous things - if you want to be respected then respect those around you, stop blasting your rap music in your car just to irritate people, and dress like someone who isn't mentally delayed. And for God's sake stop with the job-killer face, neck and full body prison tattoos. Sometimes I think these people get these tattoos because they know they'll never be hired anywhere.
Actually, temperatures were very cold in St. Louis last week and I was hoping the grand jury would announce their decision then.

I wonder if the 80+ people they arrested last night will be home for Thanksgiving. I hope not.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:03 AM

5,460 posts, read 8,180,020 times
They laughed as they watched it burn to the ground:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xJRb8REak

Old 11-25-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
As long as you can't see the problem with having an all white police department serving a predominantly black community, nothing will change. If this situation was reversed, and it was a predominantly white community served by a police department that only had black officers, who were shooting unarmed white kids, whats happening in Ferguson would look like a sunday school picnic.
It's not about black and white. It's about right and wrong. And you are SOO wrong with the scenario you give. If I lived in a white community served by black police officers, and a 300-lb, 6'3" or 6'4" unarmed white "kid" robbed a store, then ignored the officer when he told him to get out of the street, went for the officer's gun, taunted the officer, then rushed the officer, and the black officer shot and killed him, I would 100% think the officer was justified in shooting him.

I live in a predominantly white neighborhood and we do have some black cops. Yes, they are in the minority. But I don't think of them any differently than white cops. It's not about race. That's what you don't understand. None of this is about race, but you are MAKING it about race, Michael Brown's parents are making it about race, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and President Obama are making it about race. IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:06 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
They are worse than rabid animals, I hope all those business owners get premium insurance payouts and open their stores in other towns. It's really sickening when people take out their anger on innocent people. If someone killed your brother, would it be right for you to then rob your neighbor who had nothing to do with it? Of course not.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:06 AM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Wasnt the boys hands in the air.... its a disgrace and how many whites were on the jury.. I rest my case. This policeman should be in jail, like others from the past on the way blacks have been treated.

The fact is that "Thug Life" Michael Brown's adult hands were not raised up in the air. This is a false narrative that has made "hands up, don't shoot" a inaccurate and mindless rallying cry. In his statement, McCulloch said that many of the witnesses of the shooting changed their stories regarding Brown's hands being raised or they were completely unreliable - some of them, he said, were "making it up."

This was one of the many reasons why Wilson wasn't indicted.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:12 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Michael Brown robbed a store, when the store owner chased after him, Brown with no hesitation, went right back in the store and strong armed the owner. During the trial, it showed proof that the officer had punch wounds on his face and head. Bottom line, it's not hard to avoid getting killed by the police. Just don't threaten them, shoot them, punch them and you will be okay. It isn't rocket science.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
First I have to say I was completely wrong about the riots. Last night was disgusting.

As far as the no charge for Darren Wilson. I can accept that. The information Bob McCullough presented didn't show where any charges could have been filed against Wilson. I loved his statement about being an advocate for change. I am still not impressed with him and his track record but he was right with what he stated.

I am all for LE reform. It has to happen to move forward. That's what I thought the protesting was about but unfortunately other people have other things in mind. As I stated before on city data, this is a war between LE and thugs not White and Black. I've heard so many nasty comments on the train this morning from people upholding the rioting. It isn't fare to the people of Ferguson who want to stay and raise their children. They may be forced to leave. Its just isn't fare! By the time all of this is over, no retailer will want to be there.

I'm now done.
I have to say I am impressed with your post, mjtimemphis. I expected you to be here throwing a fit about the grand jury decision and instead you showed grace and dignity. You are right, it's not about white and black.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:19 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
They are worse than rabid animals, I hope all those business owners get premium insurance payouts and open their stores in other towns. It's really sickening when people take out their anger on innocent people. If someone killed your brother, would it be right for you to then rob your neighbor who had nothing to do with it? Of course not.

I fear the store owners are screwed unless we give them taxpayer dollars (as we did in LA)... most insurance clauses specifically exempt riots as a basis for covered losses

Most ghetto store owners cannot even afford insurance

Old 11-25-2014, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,011 times
I have king size and twin size used mattresses for sale. they r 3 yrs old and can be used.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:27 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
The Grand Jury did their duty and they made the decision based on ALL evidence. The police officer did what he had to do and it was unfortunate.

All these ignorant people want to bring race into the issue. There is not doubt with the video of Michael Brown robbing that store, that Michael Brown was a thug; a bully who attacked a small woman shopkeeper. However, all those who vilify the police officer seemed to forget the mean and criminal Michael Brown.

If anything needs to be vilified is the black culture of bad parenting.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies