Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:44 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Pay the Brown family for WHAT?! Raising a thug?
It happens quite often that the family of someone shot by the police receives a financial settlement even if the shooting is ruled justified. It's a cynical ploy to buy peace.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:05 PM

1,478 posts, read 2,413,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
Pendleton Pike in Indy is fine as i drive down it everyday to work. What is your point?
Funny, it wasn't fine when my parents were doing the same (lived on Geist and commuted downtown and to an office off Shadeland). True story: a few years back a fast food joint was hit over there in an armed robbery. Someone else came to rob the same place a few hours later after police cleared out and they were disappointed to find out the place had already been cleaned out.

The place is a cesspool of the same suburban decline that Ferguson appears to be headed toward...which you equate to Detroit with a smiley face as if you're enjoying this.

This could just as easily have happened somewhere on your little drive to work. Remember that.

Your cute little comments are an affront to human dignity. Go enjoy watching human suffering somewhere else.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:37 PM

271 posts, read 532,306 times
Great stuff on the last page... when Al Sharpton is playing Gandhi's role, society is in trouble.

Thanks rampant, unfettered capitalism and the politicians that wedge us all. You're swell.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:43 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
You're 38. Pull your pants up.
How do you expect the world to take your seriously.

Attached Thumbnails
"Hands Up, Don't Shoot" . . . "Pants Up, Don't Loot"-untitled-1.jpg  

Old 11-25-2014, 01:47 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
I guess they didn't take the stepfather to Geneva.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:54 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post

Now, East Asians are extremely prosperous in America, but they're naturally intelligent and hard working, moreso than whites.
which is why I wonder why blacks can't do the same.
Go to school, read, do your homework. How hard can that be?

I will never understand sociology.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:55 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Missouri has bad race relations it seems like.. come on people this is not Alabama and Mississippi in the 1950, treat everyone the way you want to be treated, Americans need to get past the "entire race" issue its sad. I am a dark skinned white people and Americans often think I am Latino or Middle Eastern its kinda funny.. why does it matter if I was.. just saying.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:07 PM

139 posts, read 311,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
It happens quite often that the family of someone shot by the police receives a financial settlement even if the shooting is ruled justified. It's a cynical ploy to buy peace.
The family would have had a much better chance of doing that if they had just let a competent lawyer work in the background to do such.

I had a church member's son (actually a decent kid, from a good family) killed by the police under vague circumstances nearly 20 years ago. The cop was dismissed from the force, but not charged (go figure). Many in the church wanted to do the whole protest thing to bring attention to the matter, which was more difficult then than it is now. However, we had a prominent lawyer that was a member, who advised against such and referred them to another attorney who got them a sizable settlement. Of course, no amount of money can replace a loved one, but it is better than losing your loved one under murky circumstances, getting nothing, AND having to live in a town that will forever be tarnished and ostracized.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
I keep hearing comments by news anchors & reporters that seem to justify the violence. Last night I was nauseated when one of the ABC anchors quoted MLK out of context. Dr. King was non-violent and did not condone rioting.

Of course there's racial profiling and racism in this country. Anyone who denies bigotry exists has his head in the sand. However, 9 members of a Grand Jury spent weeks studying the evidence, including eyewitness testimony and forensic reports.

Unlike people who chit-chat in social groups, on the street and on the internet, they hear, see and discuss physical evidence and sworn testimony. So if they decided there was not even enough evidence for a trial, then why wasn't justice served in this case? There's a big difference between getting the results you desire and "justice."

When Jordan Davis was murdered in Jacksonville, Michael Dunn was arrested, charged and convicted. Earlier this year, a police officer in SC shot an unarmed Black man who was reaching for his wallet, and the officer was immediately charged and fired from his job. Although it's sad when any life is taken, Michael Brown was a bully and the 7-Eleven video proves he had a violent streak. I wish his confrontation with Officer Wilson had ended differently, but people should choose their martyrs more carefully.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:18 PM

822 posts, read 1,284,512 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmsK...A3BD2E6743BB97
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies