Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 10:07 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Advertisements

I'll admit it right up front .. someone close to me purchased this book when it first came out and I wasn't very happy about it.

Since that time I have found it invaluable when pointing out the hypocrisies of Barack Hussein Obama!

With all the threats coming from the White House on the move for amnesty, I thought that the following snippets from the book, in Obama's own words would prove enlightening!

Quote:
"There's no denying that many blacks share the same anxieties as many whites about the wave of illegal immigration flooding our Southern border — a sense that what's happening now is fundamentally different from what has gone on before."
"Not all these fears are irrational."

"The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century."

"If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole — especially by keeping our workforce young, in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan — it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net."

"Native-born Americans suspect that it is they, and not the immigrant, who are being forced to adapt."

"And if I'm honest with myself, I must admit that I'm not entirely immune to such nativist sentiments.

When I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment.

When I'm forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration."
Barack Obama (2006)

Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 AM

109 posts, read 90,987 times
My, my how times change.

I wonder what the evolutionists will say about this(oh, he evolved over time).

He's the perfect example of a flip flopper.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:41 AM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
And from the Obamabots? Crickets...

Old 11-18-2014, 06:06 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
It's the Millenials and the generation after them who will suffer most from the lawlessness of the Obama administration.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:11 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Wow.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:27 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
..oh, but it's okay now. He said that now we need to do it.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
LOL....12 hours and not even a page of responses....

Old 11-18-2014, 07:07 PM

779 posts, read 632,009 times
Not really. He hours on to say
But ultimately the danger to our way of life is not that we will be overrun by those who do not look like us or do not yet speak our language. The danger will come if we fail to recognize the humanity of Cristina and her family-- if we withhold from them the rights and opportunities that we take for granted, and tolerate the hypocrisy of a servant class in our midst; or more broadly, if we stand idly by as America continues to become increasingly unequal, an inequality that tracks racial lines and therefore feeds racial strife and which, as the country becomes more black and brown, neither our democracy nor our economy can long withstand. That's not the future I want for Cristina, I said to myself as I watched her and her family wave good-bye. That's not the future I want for my daughters.

He layer said America it's big enough to accommodate all of their dreams. Sounds hypocritical given deportation numbers but is on pat with things like the Dream act.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:00 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Black people I think dislike illegal immigration more than most groups. Maybe they can recognize the exploitation of the illegals better than anyone? Isn't being an illegal in this country a lot like being a slave? No rights, no protections, no benefits? And making fat, white Americans rich through their hard work?

Old 11-19-2014, 06:03 AM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Not really. He hours on to say
But ultimately the danger to our way of life is not that we will be overrun by those who do not look like us or do not yet speak our language. The danger will come if we fail to recognize the humanity of Cristina and her family-- if we withhold from them the rights and opportunities that we take for granted, and tolerate the hypocrisy of a servant class in our midst; or more broadly, if we stand idly by as America continues to become increasingly unequal, an inequality that tracks racial lines and therefore feeds racial strife and which, as the country becomes more black and brown, neither our democracy nor our economy can long withstand. That's not the future I want for Cristina, I said to myself as I watched her and her family wave good-bye. That's not the future I want for my daughters.

He layer said America it's big enough to accommodate all of their dreams. Sounds hypocritical given deportation numbers but is on pat with things like the Dream act.
I have an issue with rewarding criminals for criminal behavior. Criminal alien cases are one place we actually should use asset forfeiture to seize the property gained by criminal behavior. Right before deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies