Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 08:06 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Look Anastasia...I don't remember asking you about your method of posting. That's your business.

Anyway, my point is that Americans look ridiculous having paroxysmal fits of rage and getting all emotional over the Israel/Palestinian conflict that won't end in a thousand years.

Many, if not most of us are tired of this nonsense and don't want the United States dragged into that morass. It's not our problem.
Nor would I ask you about yours, if it wasn't disingenuous. You do care. This is a topic you care a lot about.
Rather than repeating how little you care, why not be straight forward about it? Your agenda is to convince other Americans not to care, and that is fine. I believe in free speech (both yours and mine), and you can say whatever you want, and we can discuss it. But if you are trying to convince others that you don't have an agenda, by simply stating "I don't care." all the time, people will call you out on it.

But to get to your point, not only Americans, but the entire world seems to stick their nose in this dispute. If I had it my way, EVERYONE would ignore it and leave the region to it's own devices. I'm sure, if the world would completely butt out, Israel would have no more Palestinian problem. But as long as powerful nations are going to throw their support behind one side, other powerful nations will throw their support behind the other. Since I, and many other Americans, feel that Israel is in the right, I am happy that we are acting as a counter balance to the nations that are all throwing their support behind the people of the West Bank and Gaza. The world doesn't have such a good history in dealing with the Jewish people, so why sit back and trust them now? Israel can, and has, certainly taken care of itself when it comes to their neighbors, but without American support, I fear the interlopers would be too much for any single nation to handle.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:06 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Oh they're Americans?

Oh wow. That changes everything. Now I care DEEPLY about a bunch of sworn enemy wackjobs killing each other over a narrow strip of land.

Look Anastasia...I don't remember asking you about your method of posting. That's your business.

Anyway, my point is that Americans look ridiculous having paroxysmal fits of rage and getting all emotional over the Israel/Palestinian conflict that won't end in a thousand years.

Many, if not most of us are tired of this nonsense and don't want the United States dragged into that morass. It's not our problem.
How many posts in these threads will you make, telling us all how you "don't care", until you finally stop caring enough to post in them?

Old 11-20-2014, 08:10 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How many posts in these threads will you make, telling us all how you "don't care", until you finally stop caring enough to post in them?
As many as I want to.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Nor would I ask you about yours, if it wasn't disingenuous. You do care. This is a topic you care a lot about.
Rather than repeating how little you care, why not be straight forward about it? Your agenda is to convince other Americans not to care, and that is fine. I believe in free speech (both yours and mine), and you can say whatever you want, and we can discuss it. But if you are trying to convince others that you don't have an agenda, by simply stating "I don't care." all the time, people will call you out on it.

But to get to your point, not only Americans, but the entire world seems to stick their nose in this dispute. If I had it my way, EVERYONE would ignore it and leave the region to it's own devices. I'm sure, if the world would completely butt out, Israel would have no more Palestinian problem. But as long as powerful nations are going to throw their support behind one side, other powerful nations will throw their support behind the other. Since I, and many other Americans, feel that Israel is in the right, I am happy that we are acting as a counter balance to the nations that are all throwing their support behind the people of the West Bank and Gaza. The world doesn't have such a good history in dealing with the Jewish people, so why sit back and trust them now? Israel can, and has, certainly taken care of itself when it comes to their neighbors, but without American support, I fear the interlopers would be too much for any single nation to handle.
LMAO @ "a counter balance."

Unbelievable. SMH

Old 11-20-2014, 08:35 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,647,695 times
Quote:
Oh they're Americans?

Oh wow. That changes everything. Now I care DEEPLY about a bunch of sworn enemy wackjobs killing each other over a narrow strip of land.
So if the same thing happened in your town/city at a House of Worship, you wouldn't care either. Right?

Keep in mind we have two Palestinians who killed four Jews and injured seven Jews who refuse to be fight in the IDF plus they killed a Druze Police officer.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So if the same thing happened in your town/city at a House of Worship, you wouldn't care either. Right?

Keep in mind we have two Palestinians who killed four Jews and injured seven Jews who refuse to be fight in the IDF plus they killed a Druze Police officer.
It didn't happen in my town or city...not even in my country.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
It didn't happen in my town or city...not even in my country.
Doesn't matter. If you didn't know them, you wouldn't care either. Right?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,186,355 times
I just find it interesting how so many Jews are Democrats here in the US, but at the same time support a party that doesn't like Israel and supporting it.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I just find it interesting how so many Jews are Democrats here in the US, but at the same time support a party that doesn't like Israel and supporting it.
The majority are in NY and they think locally and not internationally. As they ripple out of NY, and climb the financial ladder they become Republican.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:57 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,080,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
No Syria is not, and so what if Russia wants to toy around in the Middle East, let them have the mess the U.S. has spent enough time, lives, and money on it. The Russians can have another Afghanistan, it would weaken Russia. Iran is a third rate military power, and poses no threat to the U.S.

No, my agenda is to protect the U.S., I could care less about Israel, or Palestine, as they are both unimportant to the U.S.

The videos are plenty credible as Michael Scheuer, former head of the Bin Laden unit at the CIA, is a knowledgeable source of information about the Middle East and its complexities. It is not a conspiracy theory, you even watch any of the videos. If you don't like his look on the issues fine.

Yes I know the Arab bloc has been against foreign intervention by other countries, including the West, did I ever say Israel was the start of it. I said Israel is part of the reason the Jihad attacks the U.S., due to U.S. support for Israel in a conflict which the U.S. has nothing to do with (Israel/Palestine), and things Israel has done (Grapes of Wrath). Bin Laden specifically mentions that U.S. support for Israel is part of the reason he declared war against the U.S., to say otherwise is being deceitful, and flat out lying. Only reason the Middle East holds a little importance is oil, that is it. In the first post I included a video Scheuer talks about why the Jihad chooses to attack the U.S. He is doing this in a congressional hearing.

Last with regime change, it does not matter to the U.S. if the regimes are hostile towards Israel. About the regime change another reason the Jihad attacks the U.S. is the U.S. propping up dictators in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and others. The Arabs can see this and view any talk the U.S. politicians say of democracy and freedom as hypocrisy. There is nothing in the Middle East worth an American dying for. The interventionism you are advocating for is what continues to ensure that the Jihad will continue to focus on the U.S. as a target along with its other allies, and be well motivated and flush with men and cash.

Hopefully readers will do their own research, like reading Bin Laden specifically talking about how U.S. foreign policy motivates the Jihad against the U.S. in his declaration of war. That and reading expert opinion on the region, like Michael Scheuer.
Bunch of nonsense but it's all irrelevant to your initial post. Basically, you claim is if the United States miraculously decides to stop ties with Israel, which is really naive and dumb to think then the jihads will stop attacking America. Lol look up jihad and understand support for Israel is not the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies