Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Employers should be held accountable too, I agree.
Two pronged approach. Round them up and nail the employers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 11:03 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
The Border | 1953 Operation *******

So they broke US law to enforce US law.

Also, this was in the Southern border states, not nationwide as we have the issue now.

As I've stated before, we need these hispanic immigrants so that we can continue our growth rate above 2 children per couple. In Ike's day we had a natural growth rate greater then 2.

Times are different. Stopping "Mexican looking people" and deporting naturally born Americans isn't legal.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
By law, green card holders have to have their green card on them at all times. The above won't happen today.
It happens today.

"Veloz is one of hundreds of U.S. citizens who have landed in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and struggled to prove they don't belong there, according to advocacy groups and legal scholars, who have tracked such cases around the country. Some citizens have been deported."

U.S. citizens wrongly detained, deported by ICE - SFGate

Deported U.S. citizen finally gets passport back - NY Daily News

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants...gainst-federal

Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Monitor the money transfers locations as well. Western Union is quite a sight on payday.

Banks as well as the more sophisticated ones do bank to bank transfers.

Then there is Paypal as well and similar exchanges.

Of course, end any public benefits applications since they are illegal and should be outlaws. Although, I believe a Federal Court in one case ruled benefits must be provided.

Last edited by Felix C; 11-18-2014 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-18-2014, 11:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So the 11-20 MILLION illegals are all working in the meat industry ?
Well, thousands are. And i know of few meat packing plants in your state where if i walked inside and yelled "la migra," hundreds on every shift would run like roaches.

Your governor knows this, yet all i ever hear coming out of his mouth is Obama this and Obama that. Why doesn't your very conservative state shut them down?

Old 11-18-2014, 12:07 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
By law, green card holders have to have their green card on them at all times. The above won't happen today.
Citizens don't have green cards.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:11 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
But the concept is the same. Round them up and throw them out. I don't care about the cartels. Seal the border and they suffer because they can't get their crap across.
You are right, and you won't get any argument from me. I have favored closing the holes in our southern border for decades.

But today that will be much more difficult than it was in Eisenhower's day. Nobody was tunneling under the border back then.

Nor do I think that Eisenhower was complicit in bringing illegals in. I have very deep suspicions about all those "children" who supposedly spontaneously formed a crusade to cross our border, most of whom supposedly came from several hundred miles away, unnoticed by the Mexican government.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, thousands are. And i know of few meat packing plants in your state where if i walked inside and yelled "la migra," hundreds on every shift would run like roaches.

Your governor knows this, yet all i ever hear coming out of his mouth is Obama this and Obama that. Why doesn't your very conservative state shut them down?
I dont have a link handy, but I do recall reading one study that concluded that over 30% of the Texas so called economic job creation engine revolved around illegals and illegal labor. At the time, when I confronted Texans on a different blogsite about that, they denied the validity of the study, as ideologues are wont to do.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:38 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
All for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look likely in the near future.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It happens today.

"Veloz is one of hundreds of U.S. citizens who have landed in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and struggled to prove they don't belong there, according to advocacy groups and legal scholars, who have tracked such cases around the country. Some citizens have been deported."

U.S. citizens wrongly detained, deported by ICE - SFGate

Deported U.S. citizen finally gets passport back - NY Daily News

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants...gainst-federal
Back in the (I want to say) early 70's, there was a proposal floating around to create an "American Citizen" card. The point was to provide citizens of Mexican descent who experience major issues when trying to return to the US after visiting relatives in Mexico. The trial balloon was shot down by none other than the ACLU, IIRC.

I vaguely remember an I Love Lucy scene where Ricky and Lucy are recrossing from Mexico to the US and Ricky is asked for his citizenship papers. He responds in typical Ricky fashion by screaming "I dont carry my citizenship papers with me" and then goes off in a long Spanish language rant. The episode would have to have been produced in the 50's. Wish I could have found a link on YouTube. I hate using my position as an old geezer and using my memory as authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies