Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 05:55 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times

Advertisements

Finally, someone who has called out the truth as to the varying levels of ignorance of some of our congressional people. We have too many Loud Talkers, and Old Has Been's, that keep getting put back in office. Now, its time to 'Straight Talk" IN CONGRESS!!!!! Stop the Ego Posturing and Get Some American Business Done. I wish Senator Hurd can bring some understanding to the need to wipe out ISIS and any other Radical "Bomber and Killer Mentality Groups Off the Face of the Planet.

Quote:
“One of the other things I had to do was brief members of Congress, and when I was in the agency I was shocked by the caliber of some of our elected officials and decided to do something about it,” Hurd said. “My mamma said, ‘You're either part of the problem or part of the solution,’ and so I decided to run.”

What shocked Hurd most, he said, was that many members didn’t even know the basic difference between Sunni and Shi’a Muslims while the U.S. was engaged in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

and .... He warned about the need to snuff out ISIS now before they can pose a direct threat to the U.S. homeland.

“They pose a real threat and we need to do everything we possibly can to eliminate them,” he said. “I think bombing them in Syria and Iraq is a good thing. I think we need to work more with our local partners, because ISIS is a threat to the Saudis, ISIS is a threat to the Jordanians, ISIS is a threat to the Turks, ISIS is a threat to the Emirates.”

and... And with that, Hurd said, is an expectation that Congress can turn the page on conflicts of Congresses past, such as last year’s government shutdown.

“I think it's a new day,” Hurd said. “I don't think we're going to go down that road. I think passing a budget is important. I think we're going to have the cooperation from both sides of the House to make sure that gets done.”

Reference Link
The spy who infiltrated Congress: Meet Rep.-Elect Will Hurd
Now, FINALLY, lets get someone on the Intelligence Committee who can actually speak about the real world out there. We don't need any more John McCain and his 1969-1970's war talk, we need someone who knows CURRENT DAY REALISM - BY ACTUALLY BEING ON THE GROUND AND LEARNING IT FIRST HAND.

I hope Senator Will Hurd can deliver, and I hope the old goats who have gotten fat on the Government Congressional Get Rich Wagon just bleeding the people dry and misleading us in 50 different directions, will get out of the way, and let's see what this man can deliver and act on it, if his Intel is good.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Will Hurd was just elected to the US House of Representatives in District 23 in Texas.
He is NOT a US Senator, he is a Black Congressman from Texas and District 23 is a Border District dominated by Hispanics. He is also an Ex-CIA agent and knows a lot about Intelligence.

A lot of press was given to Mia Love, the Black Congresswoman elected to the US House from Utah, almost ZERO press for the Black Congressman elected from Texas to the US House ..... from a Majority Hispanic District.

It was a significant election. Nobody noticed.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies