Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 06:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
LMAO, another purple state being flushed down the toilet by their Tea Party governor.
Definition of flushed down the toilet in question.

But bravo for joining the thread with childish antics
There isnt a dam state in the country that doesnt have some poor road conditions. Pittsburgh, has been known to not only shut down roads, but also bridges.. highly Democratic area..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 07:33 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Funny, in the article you linked, Walker calls the infrastructure a priority, and the current Republican transportation proposal has the support of the road builders, construction unions and local governments.

And oh btw, Walker is Florida because that's where the GOP governors meeting is, and oh btw, he's a GOP governor?

Sorry for my curiosity, but does his physical presence in the state actually alter the weather or improve the condition of asphalt? Is this the 18th century, where he would need to dispatch his directives via a horseback courier, to arrive in Madison a month later? Not sure why the need for the ad hominem attack based on his physical location?
Good Post. I love these post who construct a story to destroy someone credibility. Lefties always leave the facts out of the story.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:40 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Maybe he should play golf like Obama does. That is okay, of course, with liberals.

At least Walker is not golfing while heads are literally rolling.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:43 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here we go again folks. Republican Governors cutting taxes to the wealthy and failing to do due diligence for maintaining state infrastructure and public works.

Walker cut taxes to the wealthy. Now WI transportation budget faces a roughly $680 million shortfall over the next two years. The department’s proposal relies on the tax and fee increases along with roughly half a billion dollars in general tax revenue to balance and keep major road projects on schedule.

Quote:
Walker spoke to the AP from Boca Raton, Florida, where he is attending a Republican Governors Association meeting.
Scott Walker: State road budget to see 'significant' changes

Wisconsin projected budget shortfall grows to $1.8 billion | Fox Business

The relevance of this is absolute zero.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
I am NOT surprised that you get ALL of your in from a local radio station. It shows ONE pot hole. Oh, the horror.

I think I will take the source I used instead of some local yokal radio station.

By the way, what was the condition of the roads for ALL those years the dems controlled the state?

An un-biased comparison is required.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:49 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
We make an annual trip to Wis. Actually, the roads seemed pretty good this past year, and better than it was several years ago. I can't quite figure out why the complaints about the roads. Not as good as Texas, but then again Texas weather isn't near as hard on roads as the weather is in Wis.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 AM

471 posts, read 807,481 times
I lived in New Jersey for three years. When they had that governor who cheated on his wife with a man. Then left her to live with his homosexual boyfriend. They had the most horrednus roads I've ever driven on, they'll destroy your suspension.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:02 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
We make an annual trip to Wis. Actually, the roads seemed pretty good this past year, and better than it was several years ago. I can't quite figure out why the complaints about the roads. Not as good as Texas, but then again Texas weather isn't near as hard on roads as the weather is in Wis.
Because lefties such as the OP are so pissed about this last election, they have find something to complain about...no matter what it is...

Just wait till 2016 and see what happens....you think this last election was bad....the left is going into nuclear mode with lies and distortions....

Old 11-20-2014, 06:54 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Commercial break:

This thread is brought to you and approved by the State Highway Repair and Concrete Workers Union #2187.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:03 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
while I am not admitting that Mr. Walker has in any way done less than the best for the state of WI, I would point out that if (IF) there is any question as to the amount of attention he has paid to the roads in Wisconsin (or any other policy matter...for that matter) I would humbly suggest, if he had not been forced to spend his time dealing with sore loser liberal bigots who hate non-liberals.

and if WI has a budget shortfall, it might have something to do with the Turfgrass professional union thug protestors who cost the state millions in cleanup bills after they TRASHED THE STATE CAPITAL...

dontgoawayangryjustGOAWAY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies