Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 12:59 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
wow - was that in a CSI episode?

maybe they're looking for a payday.
Also not hard to tailor your story after reading others in the media.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:08 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's hard for people to understand how popular Bill Cosby has been over the years...from his stand-up comedy in the 60's to I Spy to the Bill Cosby show. This is not a guy lacking for female attention and I have a difficult time believing he needed to drug someone for sex.
This

I wouldn't doubt that he slept with young women thinking that it would further their careers to get with him, but that's not exactly rape, assault, or even against the law. It just makes him a jerk for cheating on his wife, and the accusers basically prostitutes. I think these women realize that banging a guy old enough to be their father didn't actually pay off and that they got played, so this is their 15 minutes of pay back. The notion of a celebrity on the level of Bill Cosby having to drug women to get laid is laughable.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
rape is a difficult subject. women make false accusations and do a lot of damage, years of prison served by men that subsequently were proven innocent. then again many rapists walk free.
worse the police let thousands of rape kites go unprocessed and no prosecution ever happens.
here is something to think about however, without ever going before a court, mr cosby has lost thousands of dollars in cancelled engagements, and nobody ever had to prove anything. the accusation does not have to be true to be effective.
the use of false accusations shows up in many facets of our economy, it is leverage and has no penalty.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-21-2014 at 01:17 PM..

Old 11-21-2014, 01:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
This

I wouldn't doubt that he slept with young women thinking that it would further their careers to get with him, but that's not exactly rape, assault, or even against the law. It just makes him a jerk for cheating on his wife, and the accusers basically prostitutes. I think these women realize that banging a guy old enough to be their father didn't actually pay off and that they got played, so this is their 15 minutes of pay back. The notion of a celebrity on the level of Bill Cosby having to drug women to get laid is laughable.
Rape and sex are two very different things. Almost every accusation involved him drugging and then sexually assaulting various women over the years. That doesn't sound like consensual sex.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Rape and sex are two very different things. Almost every accusation involved him drugging and then sexually assaulting various women over the years. That doesn't sound like consensual sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Ahh you confused me for a second about what charges were filed and what testimony... Sorry because I'm just getting all of the facts. After doing some more reading my understanding is that , none but one woman, Andrea Constand, ever spoke out publicly years after the fact. It wasn't until after she waited years later to sue Cosby, that she found 12 women to testify during her civil trial that was settled out of court. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, all of the women who came forward (except America's Next Top Model judge and ex-model Janice Dickinson) admitted to be either being in a relationship with Cosby and/or seeing him again after the initial alleged rape occurred? Of the 12 women, 7 are unnamed still.

Basically these women never reported anything or came forward until there was a civil trial in 2004-2006. The civil trial was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. Fast forward to 2014, a comedian did a skit calling Cosby a rapist and Cosby did an interview where he refused to talk about it which brought all of this back up again?

I started to think that different women at different times made accusations, which was persuading to believe them, but then I read that only one woman made an accusation many years later while trying to sue for money and that's when the other 12 came out of the wood works. Then when I read that some of them lived with him, and saw him again, and said they were drugged on more than one occasion, on top of the fact that they said and reported anything until 20-50 years later during a civil suit even before The Cosby Show leads me to question their credibility and to wonder if they received any of the settlement money.
These women had to be talked to and were handled by the same lawyers during the civil case. Can anyone else confirm that what I read on other sites to be true?

Also, there's this:

Quote:
Janice Dickinson’s story accusing Bill Cosby of rape is a lie. There is a glaring contradiction between what she is claiming now for the first time and what she wrote in her own book and what she told the media back in 2002. Ms. Dickinson did an interview with the New York Observer in September 2002 entitled “Interview With a Vamp” completely contradicting her new story about Mr. Cosby. That interview a dozen years ago said “she didn’t want to go to bed with him and he blew her off.” Her publisher Harper Collins can confirm that no attorney representing Mr. Cosby tried to kill the alleged rape story (since there was no such story) or tried to prevent her from saying whatever she wanted about Bill Cosby in her book. The only story she gave 12 years ago to the media and in her autobiography was that she refused to sleep with Mr. Cosby and he blew her off. Documentary proof and Ms. Dickinson’s own words show that her new story about something she now claims happened back in 1982 is a fabricated lie.
So she changed her story to being drug during the time the civil suit came about? Yes, these women, many who participated in a civil suit, have the same story, but is it far fetched that, like Janice Dickinson, they fudged facts to fit whats been reported in the media?

Last edited by DoniDanko; 11-21-2014 at 01:33 PM..

Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Might be news to you, but there are and have been cases where women have lied about being raped. These women could be telling the truth or they could be lying, but I'm not going to automatically take their word for it just because. I come to my conclusions based on facts and proof instead of emotions.
With the rise of false accusations, it's hard to believe anything they say these days. Unfortunately, the PC crowd and the court system believes them automatically.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times
Quote:
Who knows what rape even is anymore. In my book, it's forcing penetration on someone, or having sex with someone without their consent, but now days sleeping with a horny drunk chick or "talking" somebody into bed is considered rape. I feel bad for this generation because people aren't held accountable for their decisions anymore.

Also, I can assure you that these women are being coached on what to say about how things went down. This all reeks of just another celebrity witch hunt to me. People are pissed that an incredibly successful man nailed a bunch of naive beautiful younger women by using his fame and power. If this turns into a civil suit, I will be 100% convinced this is major BS.

The sad part is that the damage has already been done. He's already guilty in the minds of most people.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:

look up the jokes he was telling on stage about drugging drinks, kind of a odd coincident??

Old 11-21-2014, 01:36 PM

50 posts, read 67,760 times
Quote:
Exactly... Some of these stories allegedly happened 30-45 years ago and others during the Cosby Show era. I could understand 1 or 2 keeping this to themselves while Cosby was at the height of his success, but that many women keep it all to himself until "this moment in time?" Cosby hasn't had any clout for decades now. Something just doesn't sound kosher to me...
I agree .
I don't know if Cosby did this or not, we were not there but these stories just don't sound right, and something is definitely off.

First, I don't care what year it was and how things were different or how he made them feel like they could trust them. Who takes pills from someone without asking what they are. And ok , maybe he was really convincing. Also most of these women continued seeing Cosby after their rape. So you knowingly take a couple of pills wake up realizing you were raped , and continue seeing the person who raped you?

Second, I get how 1 or 2 or even 4 or 5 women can stay quiet for fear of not being believed or whatever the case. BUT 14!!! 14 women , and none of them ever up until 2004 decided to report the incident? what are the odds of that ?

lastly, We all know that Cosby has a history of cheating on his wife, and being a womanizer. So I must ask myself, here is this man who has cheated on his wife before, has a lot of Power and Money. I am sure there were a lot of women who were willing to sleep with him just because, but he chose the need to "Drug and rape" these women. I just don't understand.

I don't know if Bill is truly a rapist or if he is not. Unfortunately we only know what we are told. Yes this women have nothing financial to gain from this , but have you ever wondered if there was someone else trying to ruin him? All I know is that something does not feel right with these allegations.....

Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubito1724 View Post
I agree .
I don't know if Cosby did this or not, we were not there but these stories just don't sound right, and something is definitely off.

First, I don't care what year it was and how things were different or how he made them feel like they could trust them. Who takes pills from someone without asking what they are. And ok , maybe he was really convincing. Also most of these women continued seeing Cosby after their rape. So you knowingly take a couple of pills wake up realizing you were raped , and continue seeing the person who raped you?

Second, I get how 1 or 2 or even 4 or 5 women can stay quiet for fear of not being believed or whatever the case. BUT 14!!! 14 women , and none of them ever up until 2004 decided to report the incident? what are the odds of that ?

lastly, We all know that Cosby has a history of cheating on his wife, and being a womanizer. So I must ask myself, here is this man who has cheated on his wife before, has a lot of Power and Money. I am sure there were a lot of women who were willing to sleep with him just because, but he chose the need to "Drug and rape" these women. I just don't understand.

I don't know if Bill is truly a rapist or if he is not. Unfortunately we only know what we are told. Yes this women have nothing financial to gain from this , but have you ever wondered if there was someone else trying to ruin him? All I know is that something does not feel right with these allegations.....
Bubito1724, these women participated in a 2004-2006 civil suit. This is an old story about 13 women's allegations back during that civil suit. Only 1 woman sued Cosby in 2004, and the other women testified anonymously during that civil trial. Until that time, it's my understanding that none of these women ever said anything about being raped or drugged by Cosby. The only reason the story is news now is because a comedy skit and Bill keeping silent about it during an interview. I want to know if any of these women received any of the settlement money.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 11-21-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies