Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 05:14 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It would be difficult to come forward against someone who is considered to be a father figure. He ran such a wholesome, family persona that most would not believe someone stating what appears to have happened. It would take a great deal of courage to speak out.
having a hard time with this. maybe because of the tragic way he lost his only son, and the fact that I have always loved him as an actor and role model.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Check out this comedy routine Bill Cosby gave!

In the bit, Cosby talks about Spanish Fly, thought to be an aphrodisiac.

Here's part of what he says:

Quote:
"Guys standing around and talking about Spanish fly: 'You know anything about Spanish fly?'
'No, tell me about it.'
Well there's this girl Crazy Mary, you put some in her drink man, she, 'Haaaaaaaaaaaaah.'
Oh yeah, that's really groovy man, Spanish fly is groovy, yeah.
From then on, any time you see a girl: 'Wish I had some Spanish fly.'
Go to a party see five girls standing alone: 'Boy if I had a whole jug of Spanish fly, I'd light that corner up over there. HAAAAAAH.'"
Bill Cosby jokes about drugging women

Old 11-19-2014, 05:41 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
I don't think it matters if his guilt or innocence is ever settled in civil court.

If the court of public opinion finds him guilty, Cosby is damned if he confesses to his guilt or damned if he protects his innocence. It's all lose-lose for him now that our ever such delicate sensibilities have been so deeply offended.

I think we have turned into a bunch of leering Puritans, all to quick to condemn others for the same things lots of us do ourselves. I don't believe Cosby is a saint, but I'm not willing to cast judgement on him, no matter if he did or didn't do the offenses claimed against him. We cover the kids ears while we salivate and prick ours up, so as not to miss a single salacious word that will come from the next 2 weeks of 24 hour coverage.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't think it matters if his guilt or innocence is ever settled in civil court.

If the court of public opinion finds him guilty, Cosby is damned if he confesses to his guilt or damned if he protects his innocence. It's all lose-lose for him now that our ever such delicate sensibilities have been so deeply offended.

I think we have turned into a bunch of leering Puritans, all to quick to condemn others for the same things lots of us do ourselves. I don't believe Cosby is a saint, but I'm not willing to cast judgement on him, no matter if he did or didn't do the offenses claimed against him. We cover the kids ears while we salivate and prick ours up, so as not to miss a single salacious word that will come from the next 2 weeks of 24 hour coverage.
Speak for yourself. I am going to go out on a limb and say that most people don't drug and rape women.

Same thing was said about Sandusky at first. No one wanted to believe it.

Than of course we had hell to pay to bring the truth out about priests.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:47 PM

335 posts, read 503,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
why did they wait so long to come forward with this?

I can't stand the thought of this being true and at the same time, I can't stand the thought of it being a malicious lie.t
Were you around in the 1980s? Nobody would have believed it then. Women had no power - especially against a beloved star like Bill Cosby.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Very surprising but looks like this has legs, too many people coming out of the woodwork with the same story.
Exactly!

Old 11-19-2014, 05:50 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post
Were you around in the 1980s? Nobody would have believed it then. Women had no power - especially against a beloved star like Bill Cosby.
The Jello Pudding Man would never drug and Rape women. In reality you can be the best man or woman in most areas of your life and still be a screwed up Sociopath. The actor in England that recently surfaced as being a serial rapist is a perfect example.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Speak for yourself. I am going to go out on a limb and say that most people don't drug and rape women.

Same thing was said about Sandusky at first. No one wanted to believe it.

Than of course we had hell to pay to bring the truth out about priests.
And what about the drugging? He couldn't get sex the regular way? Of course he could.

I'm thinking he's some kind of pervert.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Do you believe Cosby drugged women to have sex with them?
No

Old 11-19-2014, 06:10 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Another case of social media being the Judge/Jury and Executioner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies