Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 02:35 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The damage is done. His career is over. Even if somehow they could be proven false ( which I doubt ) there'd still always be whispers.
Yeah. That's how blue pill most of society is.

If seems as if when men have females in their lives, as time progresses then these past females wanna ruin his life. They usually wait till the men are successful, then the slander starts.

This is going to make more men not wanting anything to do with them.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
I don't understand why he just didn't respond to the questions, seems like he could have at least denied the accusations. If it was just one woman you could maybe question the actions, I' sure some are just jumping on the wagon but this amount should raise the level of legitimacy.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I find anyone who waits 20 years to come forward to be a little more than suspicious. All these "new" allegations I just automatically assume are false. Ya done lost all credibility when ya waited so long to accuse him, and even then ya waited till after someone else came forward first.
What exactly is suspicious about being too traumatized to talk about it publicly?

Furthermore, this isn't the first time anyone has come forward. This is just the first time so many have come forward at once.

I have absolutely no idea whether or not any of this is true, but all this talk about ruining an old man's career makes me want to ask why anyone would immediately think a woman (multiple women) would want to be known for this rape scandal unless they were telling the truth.

I mean, maybe an individual might (especially for financial gain, but there is none here), but multiple women? That's a hell of a conspiracy.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:46 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Cosby needs to be sharing a cell with OJ Simpson.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:05 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I find it interesting how fast how easily people are manipulated by the media. If the media condemns Bill Cosby, millions stand up and say Amen. However, if, in the face of many accusations of sexual misconduct and even assault, the media gives Bill Clinton a pass, then the masses also ignore. Then you have the case of Tiger Woods. No accusations of rape, just a large number of lovers. Media condemns and all of a sudden, there goes his fan base and his endorsement contracts. Then you have Magic Johnson and Wilt Chamberlin, who supposedly had a whole lot of different women, no problem for the media. People are funny.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I find it interesting how fast how easily people are manipulated by the media. If the media condemns Bill Cosby, millions stand up and say Amen. However, if, in the face of many accusations of sexual misconduct and even assault, the media gives Bill Clinton a pass, then the masses also ignore. Then you have the case of Tiger Woods. No accusations of rape, just a large number of lovers. Media condemns and all of a sudden, there goes his fan base and his endorsement contracts. Then you have Magic Johnson and Wilt Chamberlin, who supposedly had a whole lot of different women, no problem for the media. People are funny.
These are rape accusations, not consensual sex.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
I understand that when one has fame and celebrity status, they can become a target for an easy payday! But given the numerous accusations, where there is smoke, there is fire! My question is why come out now? If someone was violated in this way, why not say something after it happened? F*** the damn settlement money! Take the SOB down! The accusations, could be true, or not, but it really wouldn't suprise me if they were true. Unfortunately, false accusations or coming out years later does a disservice to other victims of a heinous crime like rape!

Old 11-20-2014, 06:39 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's hard for people to understand how popular Bill Cosby has been over the years...from his stand-up comedy in the 60's to I Spy to the Bill Cosby show. This is not a guy lacking for female attention and I have a difficult time believing he needed to drug someone for sex.

1. There was a case settled in 2004

2. There have been multiple accusations

3. All accusers (oddly) report the same scenario of drugging and then rape. Is that not odd?

4. All accusers risk legal action of defamation if not true

Bill Cosby is just another Tom Cat. Is there any famous black personality that does not support the stereotype?

Old 11-20-2014, 06:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have a difficult time believing he needed power
Need likely didn't enter into it. He had power and power often leads to a sense of entitlement.

As much as I wish otherwise, 16 different reports makes this hard to ignore.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:48 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Because... Consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies