Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:18 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times

Advertisements

and just 85 people own as much as half the world.

Infuriating Facts About Our Disappearing Middle-Class Wealth | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

In the Future We'll All Be Renters:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...dle-class.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 09:28 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
It's not like they stole it from you or your ancestors, bro. Otherwise you can have your day in court and take it back, maybe.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:51 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
So you obviously feel entitled to this wealth that you never worked for?

Poor people are poor for three reasons; they have physical problems, they are incredibly lazy or they are stupid and dumb as boxes of rocks.

So what to do? Thing is if we gave you and a third of your buddies a million dollars each within two years half of you would be broke complaining about how the man stole from you and how unfair it is.

If you are 25 and want to be rich do you know how to do it? Get a second part time job earning$100 a week an put that money in an average performing mutual fund and in 40 years you would be a millionaire and possibly several times over.

Don't want to work like that? I understand that but if I decide to do that and deposit $200/week in a mutual fund and retire a millionaire at 55 while you still work would that be unfair in your eyes and that I should give you half of what I had because it would be fair in your eyes?

So what do you want to do about it? If you were a dictator what would you order done to bring back fairness?

Old 11-19-2014, 09:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
And Obama and Democrats made them richer.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
They might be rich but not much comfort in that
here they throw landlords under the bus in court
Trashed apt ,3 months back rent unpaid ,and a withdraw of eviction bek of threat of further litigation , is common
What was the offense ? wwr
White while renting

Old 11-19-2014, 09:58 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
So you obviously feel entitled to this wealth that you never worked for?

Poor people are poor for three reasons; they have physical problems, they are incredibly lazy or they are stupid and dumb as boxes of rocks.

So what to do? Thing is if we gave you and a third of your buddies a million dollars each within two years half of you would be broke complaining about how the man stole from you and how unfair it is.

If you are 25 and want to be rich do you know how to do it? Get a second part time job earning$100 a week an put that money in an average performing mutual fund and in 40 years you would be a millionaire and possibly several times over.

Don't want to work like that? I understand that but if I decide to do that and deposit $200/week in a mutual fund and retire a millionaire at 55 while you still work would that be unfair in your eyes and that I should give you half of what I had because it would be fair in your eyes?

So what do you want to do about it? If you were a dictator what would you order done to bring back fairness?
Or maybe they are just poor because they can't get ahead no matter how hard they try. My mom worked 2 jobs to support us. She was not lazy nor dumb. You must be rich since you have all the answers on how to become rich

Old 11-19-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Or maybe they are just poor because they can't get ahead no matter how hard they try. My mom worked 2 jobs to support us. She was not lazy nor dumb. You must be rich since you have all the answers on how to become rich
What happened to your dad? Did he work too?

Old 11-19-2014, 10:22 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
What happened to your dad? Did he work too?
My dad was in the air force then worked for the cia. He was never home...always off on some mission. The money was never there though. So my mom picked up the slack.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My dad was in the air force then worked for the cia. He was never home...always off on some mission. The money was never there though. So my mom picked up the slack.
Sounds like your mom made a mistake when she chose a mate. A bad decision that cost her dearly.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:26 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Quote:
I agree to the notion that having this much wealth in the hands of few isn't ideal, but then again if we were all truly middle class and those at the top steal owned as much as they do would we complain? I do want an answer to that. And an economy of renters isn't a bad thing honestly, look at Germany, but we want to make sure rent isn't sky high while also making you sure that people still want to purchase homes EVENTUALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies