Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:54 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They don't hate everything. They just hate people like you.
Yep, they sure do. I am Jewish, therefore I am hated, as confirmed by the brain dead Egyptian within the article.

keep blaming all their shortcomings on Jews. Once they evolve past the dark ages, maybe they'll get it.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I thought the post was well written and contained more than just a grain of truth.
that doesn't speak very highly of you

Old 11-21-2014, 10:05 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
They don't hate everything.....
Egyptians don't know what to hate anymore. They are on their fifth leadership change in three years.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:20 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
that doesn't speak very highly of you
Well, basically he said in the post I was responding to, that the Jewish people continue to erect fortified Jewish settlements in areas traditionally occupied by Palestinians in the West Bank and then wall off the area. Is that not true??????? Did he misstate something? Misrepresent some fact in his post?

The United Nations and America have officially condemned these actions by Israel as inflammatory and a base land grab of Palestinian territory and an illegal action on the part of Israel. The EU is in the process of condemning Israel and imposing sanctions for these actions. The EU is also getting ready to recognize Palestine as a state against Israel's interests due strictly to Israel flaunting the world by constantly expanding their armed settlements in the West Bank against the 1967 accords.

What's up with all the illegal settlements? It does appear clear by now, to all interested parties, that Israel will continue to settle the West Bank and claim Jerusalem as their capital in the face of world public censure. Once the Palestinians have no more land and it is all settled by the Jews, then maybe, just maybe, the Jews will recognize the Palestinian people's right of statehood.

Am I missing something here?

I will not fall in line with mainstream opinion. I speak my conscience and stand by principle. The Israeli land grab in the West Bank is wrong by any measure. That doesn't excuse the violence perpetrated on the Jewish people by the Palestinians but it doesn't justify the taking of all the Palestinian land on the West bank either.
IMO: In the end, the Jewish people are their own worst enemy in this situation as they feel somehow entitled to all the land on the West Bank and Jerusalem as their capital to the determent of the long standing population who resided there before the second coming of the modern Jew.
If this speaks ill of me, then so be it.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Egyptians don't know what to hate anymore. They are on their fifth leadership change in three years.
Lol...perhaps.

Every Egyptian I've ever known was cool...And that's all I have to go on.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Yep, they sure do. I am Jewish, therefore I am hated, as confirmed by the brain dead Egyptian within the article.

keep blaming all their shortcomings on Jews. Once they evolve past the dark ages, maybe they'll get it.
You spend far too much time flattering yourself...

One Egyptian in an article is just that...one Egyptian.

They ain't thinking about you dude. Get over yourself.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:39 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
If Arab countries embraced Judaism or Christianity as their national faiths, you would see a real 'Arab Spring' - a true return to it's roots, and a true revival of their cultures and economies. After all most of the Middle East was Jewish or Christian before Islam was introduced to the world by the illiterate camel driver, Mohammed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/07/wo...airo.html?_r=0

Old 11-21-2014, 10:55 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, basically he said in the post I was responding to, that the Jewish people continue to erect fortified Jewish settlements in areas traditionally occupied by Palestinians in the West Bank and then wall off the area. Is that not true??????? Did he misstate something? Misrepresent some fact in his post?

The United Nations and America have officially condemned these actions by Israel as inflammatory and a base land grab of Palestinian territory and an illegal action on the part of Israel. The EU is in the process of condemning Israel and imposing sanctions for these actions. The EU is also getting ready to recognize Palestine as a state against Israel's interests due strictly to Israel flaunting the world by constantly expanding their armed settlements in the West Bank against the 1967 accords.

What's up with all the illegal settlements? It does appear clear by now, to all interested parties, that Israel will continue to settle the West Bank and claim Jerusalem as their capital in the face of world public censure. Once the Palestinians have no more land and it is all settled by the Jews, then maybe, just maybe, the Jews will recognize the Palestinian people's right of statehood.

Am I missing something here?

I will not fall in line with mainstream opinion. I speak my conscience and stand by principle. The Israeli land grab in the West Bank is wrong by any measure. That doesn't excuse the violence perpetrated on the Jewish people by the Palestinians but it doesn't justify the taking of all the Palestinian land on the West bank either.
IMO: In the end, the Jewish people are their own worst enemy in this situation as they feel somehow entitled to all the land on the West Bank and Jerusalem to the determent of the long standing population who resided there before the second coming of the modern Jew.
If this speaks ill of me, then so be it.
Let me simply this. A Palestinian state never existed since Jordan and Egypt annexed the land mandated for the Arabs after the 1949 Armistice. They held it for 19 years and there wasn't a peep from the UN for the mandate to be enforced. Thus those lands were part of two countries. In 1967 Israel had a war with those two countries and took the land from them. All of a sudden the UN was peeping. The land was won in war so it belonged to Israel. The Arabs wanted a redo of the 1948 mandate and Israel gave them the finger. In 1979 Egypt signed a treaty with Israel giving all rights to the Gaza Strip and in 1994 Jordan gave up all rights to the West Bank when it signed a treaty with them. Any Arab that has a deed dated before 1948 is sitting on their land right now. The so called illegal settlements are not illegal, since there are no deeds to it and it was never Arab owned (Ottoman owned maybe). This is the land Palestinians want to build their future country on. so basically they want a complete redo all the way back to the 1948 Mandate as if the bordering Arab nations never attacked and attempted to annihilate all the Jews.

As to sanctions, what are they going to sanction? Nothing. All they can do is refuse exports. Ironically the Palestinian stores are filled with Israeli goods. So how do you sanction something the Palestinians prefer over their own products?

Recognition? Recognition will be symbolic as no one is actually going to enforce it. The EU is simply stupid. You don't see the 22 nation Arab League recognizing Palestine do you? So if the Arab nations aren't doing it, then why is the EU sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.

So if the Palestinian State never existed and there are no deeds to it, how is it a land grab? Its not. The Israeli could have been like their Arab neighbors and evicted all Arabs in 1967 as they did with all the Jews. The Israelis could have started bulldozing and building in 1967 but they didn't. They've exhausted every measure that was possible. So now Israel builds after 47 years of playing. Israel says no more. They've had three full wars with their Arab neighbors and won all three. period.

Now back to our thread.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Let me simply this. A Palestinian state never existed since Jordan and Egypt annexed the land mandated for the Arabs after the 1949 Armistice. They held it for 19 years and there wasn't a peep from the UN for the mandate to be enforced. Thus those lands were part of two countries. In 1967 Israel had a war with those two countries and took the land from them. All of a sudden the UN was peeping. The land was won in war so it belonged to Israel. The Arabs wanted a redo of the 1948 mandate and Israel gave them the finger. In 1979 Egypt signed a treaty with Israel giving all rights to the Gaza Strip and in 1994 Jordan gave up all rights to the West Bank when it signed a treaty with them. Any Arab that has a deed dated before 1948 is sitting on their land right now. The so called illegal settlements are not illegal, since there are no deeds to it and it was never Arab owned (Ottoman owned maybe). This is the land Palestinians want to build their future country on. so basically they want a complete redo all the way back to the 1948 Mandate as if the bordering Arab nations never attacked and attempted to annihilate all the Jews.

As to sanctions, what are they going to sanction? Nothing. All they can do is refuse exports. Ironically the Palestinian stores are filled with Israeli goods. So how do you sanction something the Palestinians prefer over their own products?

Recognition? Recognition will be symbolic as no one is actually going to enforce it. The EU is simply stupid. You don't see the 22 nation Arab League recognizing Palestine do you? So if the Arab nations aren't doing it, then why is the EU sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.

So if the Palestinian State never existed and there are no deeds to it, how is it a land grab? Its not. The Israeli could have been like their Arab neighbors and evicted all Arabs in 1967 as they did with all the Jews. The Israelis could have started bulldozing and building in 1967 but they didn't. They've exhausted every measure that was possible. So now Israel builds after 47 years of playing. Israel says no more. They've had three full wars with their Arab neighbors and won all three. period.

Now back to our thread.
aaaaand here we go again -

another thread that turned into Israel HATE and general stupidity, right? I don't know about you, Pruzhany, but I am so sick and tired of every thread on anything related to the middle east (literally, ANYTHING remotely in the whole region) turning into an "Israel is apartheid" propaganda

Old 11-21-2014, 11:07 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Quote:
Again, you think Judaism and Christianity were founded by educated men?

Moses and Joshua, according to their own holy books, were barbaric murderers, rapists and kidnappers.

BTW...Jews think Jesus was a false messiah too. What about that?

God chose Moses to be the lawgiver to the Israelites.

An 'angel of light' (Satan) chose Mohammed to revealed his new anti-Christian religion to.

Moses and Joshua were commanded by God to kill the pagan tribes when they entered Canaan, which they didn't completely do, and later became idol worshippers. ISIS takes the rape and killing of children to new level. Even non-ISIS Muslims feel that they can rape Christian women, and force them to marry them.

The Jewish and Christian writers of the Bible were very learned. For example, Paul was schooled by one of the best Jewish teachers, Gamaliel.

Being a 'Jew' is simply being of the linage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Abraham was from the city of Ur in the land of the Chaldeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies