Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 12:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,533,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Remember years ago, the million man march that was supposed to spur more responsible fatherhood, etc for black men?

Well, I'm considering starting a million muslim march to let muslims make their presence seen/heard that what their fellow muslims (radicals) around the globe are doing with hijacking islam is not right, is not the teachings of allah or islam and is contributing to anti-muslim sentiments around the world.

Think this would work? Would people show up?
Would there be fear of a terrorist act?
Are you of the Muslim faith?
1 million would be about half the Muslim population in the US.

Would Mohammed Ali march?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 12:54 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,275,863 times
Quote:
Think this would work?
Doubt it.

Quote:
Would people show up?
Doubt it.

Quote:
Yes, because right-wingers are scared of Muslims.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:00 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,017,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Are you of the Muslim faith?
1 million would be about half the Muslim population in the US.

Would Mohammed Ali march?
No, I'm Catholic.

But, I keep hearing about how all the moderate muslims are upset with the radicals, but you rarely if ever see/hear them come out in force to take back their religion from the extremists.

Let's be realistic. islam and muslims have a bad name right now due to all the terrorism acts being committed globally by muslims in the name of islam.

Right now, you hear 'muslim', you usually hear 'terrorist' in the same sentence. I'm not saying that's right, but it is what it is.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:33 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,844,452 times
Quote:
No, I'm Catholic.

But, I keep hearing about how all the moderate muslims are upset with the radicals, but you rarely if ever see/hear them come out in force to take back their religion from the extremists.

Let's be realistic. islam and muslims have a bad name right now due to all the terrorism acts being committed globally by muslims in the name of islam.

Right now, you hear 'muslim', you usually hear 'terrorist' in the same sentence. I'm not saying that's right, but it is what it is.
I look forward to your response in this thread (which was inspired by this thread )

Muslims speak out against radical Islam

Old 12-16-2014, 03:44 PM

122 posts, read 95,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Actually it clearly says in the Quran to not take infidels as your friends, to kill Christians and Jews if they don't obey Islamic law, stone various people to death, behead many who disagree, etc. etc.

Fortunately most Muslims do not follow the Quran...
Fortunately most Christians do not follow the Bible. Christians have always managed to interpret the scriptures to support a lot of heinous crimes including genocide and murder.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,536,953 times
Quote:
Remember years ago, the million man march that was supposed to spur more responsible fatherhood, etc for black men?

Well, I'm considering starting a million muslim march to let muslims make their presence seen/heard that what their fellow muslims (radicals) around the globe are doing with hijacking islam is not right, is not the teachings of allah or islam and is contributing to anti-muslim sentiments around the world.

Think this would work? Would people show up?
it would be more credible if we, the public still believed photoshop and cgi "newz" is real.:roll eyes:

btw your screen name from "Babylon5" tee-vee sci fi trash doesn't add credibility.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:31 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,536,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Are you Muslim?
Happy holidays cant rep you yet...weird....

why do Christians spew hate at this time of year, hmmm, I think its more astroturf corps.

yep. Oreillysucks.org is a famous site now.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:35 PM

22,320 posts, read 11,839,329 times
Year ago, I remember reading about an Egyptian-born doctor who keeps trying to organize Muslims to march against terrorism. The most he was ever able to get together was 100 for a march in Michigan.

The last I heard of him, he got a permit to hold a rally on the DC Mall and admitted that he didn't know how many would actually show up. He got the word out to all the Mosques so it wasn't like he didn't try to spread the word. I'm guessing that he didn't get many people because the Washington Post, the paper that interviewed him, never printed a follow-up.

After 9/11, I thought that we would see a million Muslim March yet all we got was crickets chirping.

OP---If you can do it, I commend you!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:46 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,844,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Year ago, I remember reading about an Egyptian-born doctor who keeps trying to organize Muslims to march against terrorism. The most he was ever able to get together was 100 for a march in Michigan.

The last I heard of him, he got a permit to hold a rally on the DC Mall and admitted that he didn't know how many would actually show up. He got the word out to all the Mosques so it wasn't like he didn't try to spread the word. I'm guessing that he didn't get many people because the Washington Post, the paper that interviewed him, never printed a follow-up.

After 9/11, I thought that we would see a million Muslim March yet all we got was crickets chirping.

OP---If you can do it, I commend you!
Why does there have to be one large event where Moderate Muslims come out? What are they guilty of? Why can't moderate Muslims speak out individually or in smaller groups throughout the world? Are there voices less important because they are not all together in one large group on the DC Mall?

Old 12-16-2014, 05:05 PM

963 posts, read 686,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well with all fairness, the hardest part is how to convince media outlets to be more inclusive when it comes to Muslim-Americans. I imagine most of these Muslims-Americans are just like regular American families. They want to raise their kids, keep their jobs, take a summer vacation, and put away a little money for retirement.

Million Muslim March in my opinion (Key word: my) is a waste of time.

We put thousands of Japanese-Americans in internment camp after Pearl Harbor attack, and we at least acnowledge it is wrong to do the same thing to Muslim-Americans. I personally don’t want the next generation of American-Muslims to grow up in a country where they are discriminated against or viewed as less than fully American simply because of their faith.

It must be hard to see their faith and religion been hijacked by radicals
Do you kow ANYTHING about Islam? Its founder? His 9 year old "wife"?

Jesus asks, "can an evil tree bear good fruit?" and "By their fruits you shall know them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies