Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Read more: EDITORIAL: It's the message, Stupid - Washington Times

I'd say it's not just national Democrats that are in deep, deep denial. The same holds true for our liberal friends on this message board. Hopefully they engage in some self-critical analysis soon for their own sake. If it doesn't happen, they will continue to get shellacked at the polls, culminating with a Republican President in 2016.
Bears resemblance to the reaction of many Republicans after the 2012 election, eh.

In the end many accepted that not enough registered Republican's voted, no different than the 2014 mid terms when Democrats did not turn out.

Since when does it matter who holds the majority or sits the oval?

There seems to be more differences within the Republican Party than there does between Democrats and Republicans. The party did however do a solid job with sending candidates to charm school and weeding out the serious whack jobs. Most ran on platforms of anti Obama instead of anything substantial. The late in the game fear mongering about Ebola certainly helped.

Gotta love politians criticizing the appointment of a non medical Ebola Czar and then ignoring science. Half of us should have already perished from Ebola, according to some media and politians in need of face time before the election.

Now it's crickets. Politics as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
I would prefer the Democrats remain in denial about two weeks ago. Please, by all means keep thinking it was a turnout thing (it wasn't, as midterm history shows going back 60 years), or it was a spending thing (it wasn't, since the majority of races where a Republican beat a Democrat incumbent, the Democrat outspent the Republican), or it was a right message/wrong candidate thing (it wasn't, since exit polls prove that it was a "we hate the Democrat/Obama message" thing).

By all means, perpetuate this delusion, walk it all the way to 2016 so the party can take another stout beating.

In this election, the Republicans finally, for once, shut up for the most part and just let the Democrats and their Dear Leader do most of the talking. For their part, most GOP candidates did little else besides point to the Democrat, tie them to Obama and then say "listen to what he said this time" over and over and over. That was the GOP campaign - listen to the Democrats' own words, get nice and scared by what those words are saying, and then vote for me instead of those scary Democrats.

If the Democrats persist in their delusion, and the GOP persists in the strategy of letting the Democrats not only be delusional, but also campaigning on "listen to that delusional Democrat, scared yet?" strategies, the GOP President in Jan 2017 might be looking at a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and a veto proof majority in the House.

I am no big fan of one party controlling all the levers, believe me, but I am a fan of how the Democrats and the mainstream media react when the Dems get beat down in elections. The hand wringing and whining is funny to me, and if I have to be subject to tyranny, watching the tyrants cry like sissies now and then is like payback for that tyranny.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:

I'd say it's not just national Democrats that are in deep, deep denial. The same holds true for our liberal friends on this message board. Hopefully they engage in some self-critical analysis soon for their own sake. If it doesn't happen, they will continue to get shellacked at the polls, culminating with a Republican President in 2016.
Based on exit polling, there was a 38% to 41% turnout. That is in no way a vindication of your argument.

Democrats arent in denial, you are. You got the perfect storm of red and purple seats being up for election along with low turnout.

If your argument about Democratic messaging was actually true, All Democrats would have lost.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I would prefer the Democrats remain in denial about two weeks ago. Please, by all means keep thinking it was a turnout thing (it wasn't, as midterm history shows going back 60 years), or it was a spending thing (it wasn't, since the majority of races where a Republican beat a Democrat incumbent, the Democrat outspent the Republican), or it was a right message/wrong candidate thing (it wasn't, since exit polls prove that it was a "we hate the Democrat/Obama message" thing).

By all means, perpetuate this delusion, walk it all the way to 2016 so the party can take another stout beating.

In this election, the Republicans finally, for once, shut up for the most part and just let the Democrats and their Dear Leader do most of the talking. For their part, most GOP candidates did little else besides point to the Democrat, tie them to Obama and then say "listen to what he said this time" over and over and over. That was the GOP campaign - listen to the Democrats' own words, get nice and scared by what those words are saying, and then vote for me instead of those scary Democrats.

If the Democrats persist in their delusion, and the GOP persists in the strategy of letting the Democrats not only be delusional, but also campaigning on "listen to that delusional Democrat, scared yet?" strategies, the GOP President in Jan 2017 might be looking at a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and a veto proof majority in the House.

I am no big fan of one party controlling all the levers, believe me, but I am a fan of how the Democrats and the mainstream media react when the Dems get beat down in elections. The hand wringing and whining is funny to me, and if I have to be subject to tyranny, watching the tyrants cry like sissies now and then is like payback for that tyranny.
Lowest turnout in 70 years...........yes, it was a turnout thing.

You didnt win Democratic votes, Democrats just stayed home, you didnt make a great case and have a Democrat say " Im going to vote for the republican".

Your entire post was arguing on the premise that the nation decided to vote for Republicans and they didnt.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:36 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
If true, very possible it is, that in and of itself is an indictment on a portion of the electorate. That they think only what matters is 'the' big election. Without proof - ain't I honest - I think the turnouts on '08 and '12 were anomalies. Not likely to be repeated until another 'celebrity style' candidate runs.

Speaking of running the country. I think the Kardashian/ET cartel own the minds of way too many of our citizens. Hot topic at the water cooler, "Did 'ya see how Kanye trashed Taylor las' night?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..but it's because Dems always sit out midterms is what we're now being told.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:50 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,601,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Lowest turnout in 70 years...........yes, it was a turnout thing.

You didnt win Democratic votes, Democrats just stayed home, you didnt make a great case and have a Democrat say " Im going to vote for the republican".

Your entire post was arguing on the premise that the nation decided to vote for Republicans and they didnt.
Republicans did a great job suppressing Democratic voters, though.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
No need for suppression. Democrat voters are notoriously lazy during the midterms.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Don't see them desperately trying to pretend their opponents aren't qualified to hold office the way right wing crazy birthers do.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:00 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
A claim you have never been able to back up with even a shred of evidence.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:06 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:

I think they are just that narcissitic and arrogant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies