Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times

Advertisements

I agree with OP. But I also think locals can decide for themselves Because they have to deal with consequences. I wouldn't vote for it here all the same. Vote; not polls is what should decide and more local the better. We give that control here to local voters as to alcohol sales. Controlled medical use same as other drugs :I have no problem just that its regulated and checked before sale for safety. It should go thru same testing as any other medication for approval for what uses.FDA in other words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 08:46 PM

316 posts, read 437,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Don't fool yourself. Many people can lose consciousness with a tiny bit of pot.
A friend of mine fell in sleep in the bathroom after "trying it" for the first time. I'm sure you have similar stories to tell too.
I just "fooled myself" about a half an hour ago with a bong rip, just as I've done upwards of 10,000 times in my life. Wouldn't ya know it, I'm still conscious! Me and everyone I know must have some sort of mutated immunity to this Knockout Weed that you speak of. I've never "fell in sleep" in the bathroom after smoking, and neither has anyone I know or know of.

Incidentally, isn't it kind of ironic and hilarious to you that a stoned person just corrected your grammar?

Old 11-22-2014, 08:47 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,619 times
We fooled ourselves last night.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:05 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
even though some state has legalize wacky weed, it will still be legal to fire someone for failing a drug test, because drug test are conditions of employment. This would apply to corporation that has drug testing as part of their policy

Old 11-22-2014, 10:17 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Because it does not only have "healing" properties.

Heroin, Cocaine... all have healing properties too. You guess what? They are banned by ALL countries in the world, and distributing them can be subject to death penalty in many countries.

Yeah I know marijuana is not as harmful as Heroin, but the logic is similar.
Heroin and cocaine do not have any healing properties. Pot was used for medicinal purposes centuries ago. Look it up. People today use it for nausea during chemo sessions. Many also use it for anxiety which is much better than using xanax which can be highly addictive. It also helps with pain. It helps with many different ailments. To say it doesn't have a healing effect is just naive and ignorant on your part.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:56 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,753,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
I just "fooled myself" about a half an hour ago with a bong rip, just as I've done upwards of 10,000 times in my life. Wouldn't ya know it, I'm still conscious! Me and everyone I know must have some sort of mutated immunity to this Knockout Weed that you speak of. I've never "fell in sleep" in the bathroom after smoking, and neither has anyone I know or know of.

Incidentally, isn't it kind of ironic and hilarious to you that a stoned person just corrected your grammar?
Your logic? You are ok with it so everyone must be?

Old 11-23-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Heroin and cocaine do not have any healing properties. Pot was used for medicinal purposes centuries ago. Look it up. People today use it for nausea during chemo sessions. Many also use it for anxiety which is much better than using xanax which can be highly addictive. It also helps with pain. It helps with many different ailments. To say it doesn't have a healing effect is just naive and ignorant on your part.
Educate yourself. Opium has been used for medical purposes for centuries. People do not use heroin now only because it's too strong.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Can you read? I said "not only"...

Old 11-23-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you made that up.
Consuming marijuana is a serious crime in China, Japan, S Korea, India, the Middle East,... How many people have we covered?
Even in the US, most people don't use it.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
MOST PEOPLE just really want the issue to go away. MOST PEOPLE are not going to fight about someone they don't know, somewhere, getting high on Saturday night.

LOGICAL PEOPLE WHO THINK ABOUT IT realize it's not good to have pot illegal and criminalize casual users and that the issue is far bigger than "is it good for you or not".

Everyone else falls into a category I can't name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies