Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 PM

316 posts, read 437,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I said slightly drinking is not harmful. Slightly smoking pot is harmful.
Harmful how exactly? I guess you could say that it's harmful due to the smoke itself, though it pales in comparison to the damage that even light cigarette smokers do to their bodies. Unless you're smoking very weak marijuana, 2-3 decent hits is more than enough for most pot smokers to attain the desired effect. For people who are really heath conscious, there's always the alternative method of vaping.

Outside of the actual act of smoking something, I'm puzzled as to what you can possible call "harmful" about marijuana. Especially your statement that drinking a little bit of alcohol isn't harmful, but smoking a little bit of pot is. I smoke a "little bit" of pot on a very regular basis, and I've never once regretted a smoking session or woken up the following day with any sort of unpleasant symptom. I don't really drink alcohol these days, but when I drink a "little bit" of anything, be it beer, wine, or whatever....Within an hour or two, my digestive system would strongly disagree with your statement.

Do you have any first hand experience with marijuana, or are you just parroting some of what you've heard from the anti-pot crowd? I'm not trying to be condescending, rude or callous here, so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. It's just that in my own personal experience, marijuana prohibition really comes down to the social stigmas of the plant, and not the plant itself. If the goddamn baby boomer hippies wouldn't have tarnished it's image back in the 60's, perhaps legalization would've already occurred by now, or at least would be taken more seriously than it is. That's something that I never understood. Marijuana's "high" is so gentle and non inebriating compared to alcohol (the only comparison that I can personally make from experience with both substances), that it's always baffled my mind how it got adopted by filthy hippies and culturally lumped in with things like LSD or mushrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 03:36 PM

820 posts, read 1,209,220 times
Legal hemp would crush these feeble companies. Time to compete I thought it was a "Free Market."

Old 11-22-2014, 05:35 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
Harmful how exactly? I guess you could say that it's harmful due to the smoke itself, though it pales in comparison to the damage that even light cigarette smokers do to their bodies. Unless you're smoking very weak marijuana, 2-3 decent hits is more than enough for most pot smokers to attain the desired effect. For people who are really heath conscious, there's always the alternative method of vaping.

Outside of the actual act of smoking something, I'm puzzled as to what you can possible call "harmful" about marijuana. Especially your statement that drinking a little bit of alcohol isn't harmful, but smoking a little bit of pot is. I smoke a "little bit" of pot on a very regular basis, and I've never once regretted a smoking session or woken up the following day with any sort of unpleasant symptom. I don't really drink alcohol these days, but when I drink a "little bit" of anything, be it beer, wine, or whatever....Within an hour or two, my digestive system would strongly disagree with your statement.

Do you have any first hand experience with marijuana, or are you just parroting some of what you've heard from the anti-pot crowd? I'm not trying to be condescending, rude or callous here, so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. It's just that in my own personal experience, marijuana prohibition really comes down to the social stigmas of the plant, and not the plant itself. If the goddamn baby boomer hippies wouldn't have tarnished it's image back in the 60's, perhaps legalization would've already occurred by now, or at least would be taken more seriously than it is. That's something that I never understood. Marijuana's "high" is so gentle and non inebriating compared to alcohol (the only comparison that I can personally make from experience with both substances), that it's always baffled my mind how it got adopted by filthy hippies and culturally lumped in with things like LSD or mushrooms.
Don't fool yourself. Many people can lose consciousness with a tiny bit of pot.
A friend of mine fell in sleep in the bathroom after "trying it" for the first time. I'm sure you have similar stories to tell too.

Yes, alcohol causes damages too, but the point here is marijuana is bad, not alcohol is perfect. Over 90% people in the world never tasted marijuana in their life, why bother to start this bad trend just to please some people like you?

Last edited by Bettafish; 11-22-2014 at 05:54 PM..

Old 11-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Wrong, you made no mention of quantity.

Link please to 'slightly smoking pot' causing harm.
I used the word "any", which includes "slightly" case. Are you a native speaker of English? Finished high school?

Old 11-22-2014, 05:52 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How long do you think that 'matter of time' is before mj is legal nationally ?

Legalization has a slim majority nationally. Broken down by state, I'm sure the big majority oppose legalization. This won't be like same sex marriage, where the courts can impose it on states that oppose it.

Medical mj will be ok'd in a good number of states. Legalization for all adults, I don't think so.

Good point.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
alcohol is closer comparison to heroin than pot could ever be..

DailyTech - Study: Alcohol is Deadliest Drug, More Dangerous Than Heroin

As I said alcohol causes damages too, but it's been a tradition for thousands of years and most people in the world consume it regularly or socially. So it has already been proved that most people know how to deal with it. We also have laws to punish those who don't know how to deal with it properly.

Personally, most of the potheads I know are individuals with poor self discipline, decadent lifestyle, and obnoxious attitude. None of them succeeds academically. [Of course, some of them may succeed in their later life. After all, the society sometime rewards those who break laws and do weird things. I have no problem with that.]

Old 11-22-2014, 06:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
[quote=Bettafish;37379208]Don't fool yourself. Many people can lose consciousness with a tiny bit of pot.
A friend of mine fell in sleep in the bathroom after "trying it" for the first time. I'm sure you have similar stories to tell too.

Yes, alcohol causes damages too, but the point here is marijuana is bad, not alcohol is perfect. Over 90% people in the world never tasted marijuana in the life, why bother to start this bad trend just to please some people like you?[/quote]

I will remind you again pot and alcohol are the most used drugs

Marijuana Now the Most Popular Drug in the World | TIME.com

you never had to watch alcohol almost kill your brother within a 7 year period, I did,!!!! pot and alcohol are no comparison.. alcohol has a high physical addiction rate, and pot is more of a psychological addiction.. alcohol kills like 1600 people from direct over dose annually in the usa alone.. pot kills 0 from over dose annually in the usa.. alcohol kills 88 thousand in the usa alone annually and 2.5 million world wide.. and alcoholics tend to be way more violent then people that only smoke pot

in all my life I've never seen a person pass out from pot and I've known a lot of pot smokers.. boozer's?? that's another ball game!!!! I've see a freaking lot of people knocked completely out from drinking alcohol, including my self in my weekend worrier days. and countless others at campouts, parties, night clubs, bars.. you name it...

Old 11-22-2014, 06:26 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Yea, I saw that episode of "Dragnet" too. Just the facts, ma'am.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:27 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:

Yes, alcohol causes damages too, but the point here is marijuana is bad, not alcohol is perfect. Over 90% people in the world never tasted marijuana in their life, why bother to start this bad trend just to please some people like you?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you made that up.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:28 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Most Americans do no favor(s)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies