Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:56 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So if they get sick and go to the hospital, do we turn them away?
Unfortunately, no. They get free healthcare by going to the emergency room of any hospital. They have been doing it forever.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:10 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Has the President not pushed, asked, even begged for immigration reform?

Boehner: Immigration reform stalls because GOP has

The Speaker and the President came to a deal on immigration. The Speaker took it to the house, but his TEA party members shot it down. So the Senate passed a bill, supported with Republicans in the Senate, and sent it to the house, which has sat on the Speakers desk without any action.

I'd say the President has at least tried.

Somehow Reagan managed to get things done.

Tough #$%@ if the campaigner in chief can't find help giving badly needed American jobs to anyone willing to violate our immigration laws and sovereign borders.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They cannot be employed legally ( which has to make a lot of employers happy, happy, happy.

They are not eligible for healthcare insurance.
They are not eligible for Medicare unless they are giving birth to an anchor baby, no different than has happened in the past.
They are not eligible for SNAP.
They are not eligible for TANF.
They are not eligible for Section 8.
They are not eligible for Social Security.
They are not eligible for Medicare.
It would take years and $billions to deport 4 million people.

It's a political maneuver, nothing more or less.

It could lead to amnesty if and when Congress decides it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Unfortunately, no. They get free healthcare by going to the emergency room of any hospital. They have been doing it forever.
Yep, but middle age mom was basing her argument on saying it won't cost us money. She disappeared when I asked if we should turn them away when they go to the hospital. The grubers argument fell apart so fast.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They cannot be employed legally ( which has to make a lot of employers happy, happy, happy.

They are not eligible for healthcare insurance.

They are not eligible for Medicare unless they are giving birth to an anchor baby, no different than has happened in the past.

They are not eligible for SNAP.

They are not eligible for TANF.

They are not eligible for Section 8.

They are not eligible for Social Security.

They are not eligible for Medicare.

It would take years and $billions to deport 4 million people.

It's a political maneuver, nothing more or less.

It could lead to amnesty if and when Congress decides it should.
Obama's aunt, here illegally, lived in a Section 8 house.

All it takes is one anchor baby and they can apply for every welfare program there is.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama's aunt, here illegally, lives in a Section 8 house.
wow. that's pathetic on two counts.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Obama is supposed to be speaking tonight. Let's bet, how many minutes into his speech will it take before Obama starts vehemently attacking Republicans. I say a generous 2 minutes.
I predict zero seconds for his narcissism to appear. He will use the first person "I" and then he can also own that abortion.

But if I were the GOP I would agree to everything Obama says except restrict the time from 3 to 2 years. That way when his EO sunsets, it goes away with the new administration who will not reauthorize it and then let the deportations begin.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Obama's aunt, here illegally, lived in a Section 8 house.

All it takes is one anchor baby and they can apply for every welfare program there is.
Technically Obama's aunt does not live in the US. She died in April.

and no the "anchor baby" gets benefits, not everyone in their house.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
wow. that's pathetic on two counts.
Just proves that illegals can get welfare.

Zeituni Onyango lived in section 8 housing and was getting $700/month in welfare payments.

She came here on a short term visitor visa and never left. Was even denied asylum.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I predict zero seconds for his narcissism to appear. He will use the first person "I" and then he can also own that abortion.

But if I were the GOP I would agree to everything Obama says except restrict the time from 3 to 2 years. That way when his EO sunsets, it goes away with the new administration who will not reauthorize it and then let the deportations begin.
He's back there practicing ... Then he'll come out walking the pimp walk as he always does. Then remind us that "I" am the president of the United States"

Old 11-20-2014, 05:31 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Just proves that illegals can get welfare.

Zeituni Onyango lived in section 8 housing and was getting $700/month in welfare payments.

She came here on a short term visitor visa and never left. Was even denied asylum.
You know, two can play this game.

If it comes down to trial/legal review and the courts/lawyers decide that Obama can halt enforcement of the immigration laws using executive action, maybe the next Republican president can force the other agencies and states to give INS welfare roll information for targeted enforcement action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies