Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:22 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We had 36 million uninsured when ACA went into effect and this climbed to 48 million..

7 million then signed up leaving the number uninsured at 41 million for last year..

Thats MORE uninsured than when Obama signed a law intended to cover every american..

Dumb Democrats applaud its success
If you're going to act like a broken record, at least post correct information. The uninsured rate is the lowest it's been since at least late 90s. At no point prior to the implementation of Obamacare was it lower. It was never lower under Bush, even during his best years :

http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wo...2.24.17-PM.png

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-20-2014 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 04:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
A. The first part of your post doesn't even make sense. B. What's your problem that you haven't signed up for healthcare? Instead you blame ACA instead of taking it upon yourself to enroll. Just another person wallowing in self-pity & blaming someone else.
Of course the first part made sense.

You ran around blaming people for not getting insurance, and then excused your friends for not having insurance..

And why was their policies being cancelled?

You are whats wrong with this country.. it doesnt matter that people lost insurance provided you and your friends can "give me", and if others doint all join in the cruisade to just take from the govenrment, there is something wrong with them..

You started here posting self pity because your friends didnt have insurance pre ACA.. WHY? Ooh i bet you cant tell us without blaming someone else..

Old 11-20-2014, 04:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It's not a good number given the number they 'estimated' would enroll and projections for 2015 are already lower than originally forecast.

Of course the number will climb. Enroll or pay a tax is a good way to ensure a number will climb.
Tough choice, how horrible is it for people to be required to have health insurance.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
We had 36 million uninsured when ACA went into effect and this climbed to 48 million..

7 million then signed up leaving the number uninsured at 41 million for last year..

Thats MORE uninsured than when Obama signed a law intended to cover every american..

Dumb Democrats applaud its success
We only had 36 million uninsured before ACA? Now we all know that is a lie. You should run for president.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
A. The first part of your post doesn't even make sense. B. What's your problem that you haven't signed up for healthcare? Instead you blame ACA instead of taking it upon yourself to enroll. Just another person wallowing in self-pity & blaming someone else.
I did take it upon myself to insure myself long before government got involved. You know, the responsible thing to do.

I liked my healthcare insurance and Obama said I could keep my healthcare insurance, period.

oops, Obama lied and you support that as long as you're thrown a bone.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It might be a valid excuse if the facts weren't that the administration hasn't been truthful about anything concerning Obamacare.
Biden did once say "this is a big effffing deal" regarding Obamacare. In all fairness that wasn't a lie.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
If you're going to act like a broken record, at least post correct information. The uninsured rate is the lowest it's been since at least late 90s. At no point prior to the implementation of Obamacare was it lower. It was never lower under Bush, even during his best years :
Why would you start the graph post ACA unless you are trying to hide pre ACA figures

Lets expand that out and show real figures, shall we?
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/me...xhibit-1-l.gif
Note the 50 million figure INCLUDES illegals, an estimated 14 million at the time.. That leaves 2010 number at 36 million americans..

Last year this number was at 41 million americans..
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...americans.html

if you dont like the figures that sucks for you.. We climbed from 36 million to 41 million uninsured americans and you APPLAUD...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-20-2014 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright

Old 11-20-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I did take it upon myself to insure myself long before government got involved. You know, the responsible thing to do.

I liked my healthcare insurance and Obama said I could keep my healthcare insurance, period.

oops, Obama lied and you support that as long as you're thrown a bone.
Was your employer providing you with insurance or did you get your own policy? If you went out and got your own, did it meet the minimum requirements of ACA?

Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Why would you start the graph post ACA unless you are trying to hide pre ACA figures

Lets expand that out and show real figures, shall we?

Note the 50 million figure INCLUDES illegals, an estimated 14 million at the time.. That leaves 2010 number at 36 million americans..

Last year this number was at 41 million americans..
Number of uninsured Americans continues to fall under Affordable Care Act, New York Times reports | NOLA.com

if you dont like the figures that sucks for you.. We climbed from 36 million to 41 million uninsured americans and you APPLAUD...
Why don't you also subtract 14 million illegals from the current number? Your math smells funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
The problem with our current Obama Administration is only his most dedicated followers now believe anything that comes from Washington.
The man, his policies and his data is only a deception to the majority of Americans.

My Insurance will be going up 22% for 2015. That's on top of the 40% it's gone up the last 18 months.

That's all that I'm concerned about.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies