Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 04:59 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,039,285 times

Advertisements

Good logic. That and expanding the definition for Medicaid eligibility will 'grow' the roles. Or is that rolled, the old phrase for robbing bums. Excuse me, homeless. Must be correct, politically correct. Might offend someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The point is numbers will 'climb' because it is a mandate --- enroll or get taxed. The 'climbing' is not any measure of success. In fact, the lower than expected enrollments indicates more of a flop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 05:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,946,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The point is numbers will 'climb' because it is a mandate --- enroll or get taxed. The 'climbing' is not any measure of success. In fact, the lower than expected enrollments indicates more of a flop.
In order for ACA to create the tax revenues they anticipate, it actually has to flop..

Old 11-20-2014, 05:07 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why didnt your friends have policies pre ACA? Who's fault would that be exactly? YOUR FRIENDS!!!

it works both ways
LOL, I was just wondering the same thing.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
i'm not complaining about not having insurance.

I note you didnt answer the question though, why didnt your lazy friends have insurance pre ACA?
I must have you confused with someone else. They both work for themselves & couldn't afford it previously. Once ACA came into effect, they went online & shopped around. It was easier, right in front of them, they could easily compare & choose a plan that suited them that was within their budget. Shrug, it's weird how this is even considered a partisan issue. I know people on either side of the fence who now have insurance or cheaper insurance than they did prior to ACA. I don't hear complaining about it from people in the real world, just on this internet world. Interesting indeed.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,377,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet you subtract 14 million from the 48 million of uninsured Americans.
Here's an article from 2010.

Number of uninsured Americans rises to 50.7 million - USATODAY.com

50.7 million AMERICANS

Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I must have you confused with someone else. They both work for themselves & couldn't afford it previously. Once ACA came into effect, they went online & shopped around. It was easier, right in front of them, they could easily compare & choose a plan that suited them that was within their budget. Shrug, it's weird how this is even considered a partisan issue. I know people on either side of the fence who now have insurance or cheaper insurance than they did prior to ACA. I don't hear complaining about it from people in the real world, just on this internet world. Interesting indeed.
So your friends couldnt afford it, but now if others cant afford it they are lazy and stupid and whatever else you want to call them?

Old 11-20-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Here's an article from 2010.

Number of uninsured Americans rises to 50.7 million - USATODAY.com

50.7 million AMERICANS
It also says its going to insure 32 million

Although the health care law signed by President Obama in March is designed to insure an additional 32 million people in public and private programs, it doesn't fully kick in until 2014

btw, did you not read beyond the headlines?

More than 50 million people were uninsured last year, almost one in six U.S. residents

Residents would include illegals..

This is why we Republicans are laughing at people like you.. You toute of a plan thats supposed to insure 32 million people and then when 7 million people sign up and millions more lose insurance, you call it a success..

Moving the goal post is what Democrats do best...

Old 11-20-2014, 05:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
So your friends couldnt afford it, but now if others cant afford it they are lazy and stupid and whatever else you want to call them?
I believe I was talking about someone who KNOWS they have to switch insurance but apparently has done nothing about it. Are you saying that you can't compare & shop health plans with ACA & find an affordable bronze plan? You know how expensive insurance was previously, correct? Yet now people who previously had no insurance can no find affordable insurance & that's a problem? Tell me how this isn't backwards?

Old 11-20-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I believe I was talking about someone who KNOWS they have to switch insurance but apparently has done nothing about it. Are you saying that you can't compare & shop health plans with ACA & find an affordable bronze plan? You know how expensive insurance was previously, correct? Yet now people who previously had no insurance can no find affordable insurance & that's a problem? Tell me how this isn't backwards?
What you said exactly was
Quote:
What's your problem that you haven't signed up for healthcare? Instead you blame ACA instead of taking it upon yourself to enroll. Just another person wallowing in self-pity & blaming someone else.
Some people had far cheaper policies, especially those who arent in your "friends" situation where they can be subsidized by others.

People who previously had insurance and now cant afford it IS A PROBLEM.. One you seem to have no problem ignoring..

Old 11-20-2014, 06:23 PM

3,835 posts, read 3,048,863 times
Obama: "By Allah, just as Gruber said, Americans are stupid!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies