Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 03:09 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Hey, as long as you're not hurting anyone else with your illegality, I support it. .
and if you think illegals are not hurting anybody, you need to do your own research. Don't listen to all these "economists" who are paid and owned by cheap labor lobby is a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 03:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
The very idea of any law is to apply all laws at all times equally across the board...Once selective enforcement enters the picture you have in effect committed a criminal act... There is a process in place for changing any law, be it revised up or down or even to be scrubbed....Nowhere is selective enforcement part of the process....
The issue is that simple....
Two words: plea bargain.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:24 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I don't know who your calling "our." How am I at fault? Have I hired an illegal? Do I harbor them? Or sell them fake documentation? Do I encourage them to break the law? No. The fact is I am the typical U.S. middle-class citizen. I have no real say-so when it comes to how anything that our government does. I'm nothing more than a pawn. A tax-paying, hard-working pawn at that. So to blame me or others like me for the pure idiocy that comes out of Washington is crazy!

The fault lies directly with our politicians for not following the law, not enforcing the law, and not punishing the un-lawful to begin with. Deport them, because I for one am tired of paying for them when U.S. citizens are suffering. I'd rather my tax dollars go to ridding the country of them, and paying U.S. citizens to have the job of doing that than wasting my dollars on their education, health-care, food, shelter, cell-phones and all the other freebies that they'll soon be "entitled" to. You can call me selfish or heartless, I really don't care. Do you think they give a damn about us?

I am one of the hard working as well. Sometime 2 jobs, but I know why illegals are here, BIG money wants them to be here, regardless of the law. NOBODY will blame the "employers" It cost how much to deport them vs jail time for employers?? -- nobody including you, will touch them - employers bla bla
Cut out the ROOT- not the leaves on the tree!

Old 11-21-2014, 03:26 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You're right we need comprehensive immigration reform. Obama is trying to walk a fine line but will please very few. The conditions he proposes seem reasonable enough. However, our borders have been too porous for over 30 years and no one has done much of anything about it regardless of party. I could agree with some of his actions and thought he gave a decent speech, but ultimately Congress must act and work with the President. Serious action is needed.

The speech was riddled with lies.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:27 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
You START the process and work through it--no matter long it takes. The "We can't deport them all" gets so OLD!! There is no time like the present.

A complete fence with a few layers of razor wire should help things nicely, too. Secure the border, militarize it--and start the deportation process.

Do not deport the illegal alien killers--execute them--one problem solved.

Once deportations have seriously started--and the border secured and militarized--have immigration reform in the category of stopping the abuse of "birthright" citizenship (at least one parent must be a US citizen), do away with free public education (overturn Plyler vs Doe) and make life as miserable as possible for both illegal aliens and those who employ them.
OH my ! Nazis on the ground

Old 11-21-2014, 03:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Go Obama!

YES! Obama, please go!

Old 11-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
All nations are comprised of immigrants to a large extent. Heck, our "Native American" ancestors crossed the Bering Straight many centuries ago. I'm just looking at facts.
Look up native in Webster's. It's pretty succinct. We are not a nation of immigrants. Period.

The idea is to have LEGAL immigrants.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There is limited power allowed to all Prez. Don't you think he has his own panel of constitutional attorneys? I believe he is one) trust me- nothing is done with out counting the cost... and I hate to say it the whole of DC needs to be replaced. not one left. but what he said, is like approving weed- it's already in heavy use!

Being a Constitutional attorney bears no count towards their actual respect for it.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and if you think illegals are not hurting anybody, you need to do your own research. Don't listen to all these "economists" who are paid and owned by cheap labor lobby is a good start.
Who gives a damn anymore. Let them suffer the consequences of their stupidity.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The speech was riddled with lies.
You know that, I know that but remember, they are grubers and will believe anything the dear leader says. It's like their under some damn trance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies