Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Aprove of Obama ?
Yes 67 29.91%
NO 148 66.07%
Nither. 9 4.02%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 04:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
President Obama is the best ever. The man was given the worst mess in history courtesy of Republican Bush, who was the worst president in history. He was cursed with a bigoted Republican contingent, driven insane because a black man has been elected President of the United States. He has faced by far more idiotic opposition and obstruction from the opposing party, than any President in history. He has been cursed with the Congress from Hell, a Republican-ruined, do-nothing Congress whose sole intent is to make him fail, not help the country. He is the most scrutinized President in history because of the internet and social media. He has excelled as a leader, in the most dangerous time in history, dangerous because it is POST-BUSH. He is cursed by a Republican-corrupted Supreme Court, which has made decisions to bring back Jim Crow and support campaign financing to favor Republicans.

Not only does he have Republicans at home, working 24/7 to chop off his head, but he must deal with ongoing Middle eastern conflict, Russian aggression, North Korea lunacy, Israel's uncompromising intrusion on Arab land and killing of Arabs, China, ISIS, Al Qaeda, and Immigration.

He goes about his job with a level of class, poise, dignity, resolve, depth, and effectiveness that Republicans can't even begin to come close to. Best ever? You bet.
I wonder how the weather is in your world. You are clearly someone with no grasp of reality. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 05:49 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He goes about his job with a level of class, poise, dignity, resolve, depth, and effectiveness that Republicans can't even begin to come close to. Best ever? You bet.
I notice that even you, brainwashed as you are, do not include truthfulness, integrity, morality and compassion in your list. Do you finally admit he has none of those qualities and is just faking the rest?

BTW, I appreciate that the Republicans do not act as he does as it would expedite the demise of this country.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:58 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
So what's your solution for homeless people/people who have 3 part time jobs/unemployed people/people with a full time job with no benefits/people who have a minimum wage job, but can't afford the 75 bucks a week taken out for their benefits or people who get sick and lose their insurance or people who have b.s. policies??????? Just let them die in the street? I'd cut welfare WAY before I cut obamacare. Oh and if you're on welfare, you're covered with medicaid. So it's basically people not on welfare that had no insurance and couldn't get things like colonoscopies that would save their life(and save a ton of money on cancer procedures later on)

We give health care to convicted felons, but not these people? We are the richest country in the world. It was a national disgrace that we had no national health plan. Do the police/fire dept not respond when you call 911 if you didn't pay your police insurance? Healthcare is a basic safety thing like police/fire. Government should make sure all citizens are covered. Period.

A loaf of bread costs 1 dollar and and a can of tuna fish costs 1 dollar. You could sustain yourself on 20 bucks a week which you could make begging. Nevermind the soup kitchens that feed the poor.
A week long icu stay in the hospital costs millions. You can't compare the two.

Actually it was hugely divided when GW was president.
My solution is simply you do not work hard and get an education and make something of yourself sorry thats the life you picked not my problem. Yes you can cut all welfare also. The only thing thats fare is you pay for you and I ill pay for me and stop asking me to pay others way.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomeo View Post
im going to guess - the orange orangatang in the origanal planet of the apes! That character knew the truth of the forbidden zone but kept obfiscating and hiding it! So i say its him
lol.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I wonder how the weather is in your world. You are clearly someone with no grasp of reality. Carry on.
Gotta overlook her posts. She even thinks Pulosi is sane, logical and a great leader.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:11 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Do you object to having both sides of the political spectrum displayed? ABC, CBS and NBC are definitely liberal, Fox is definitely conservative. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would watch what either side has to say and make up their own minds. Those that won't/can't deserve what they get.
I used to read the two newspapers in my city(and often still do), watch FOX News, and CNN. It just annoys me so much and, really, just depresses me because of the bias and all of the things that I cannot fix. Journalists should report the facts on a wide variety of issues and put their personal biases aside. Otherwise, it's just an Op Ed piece which is to what news reporting has devolved. If a journalist or news outlet is unwilling/unable to put their personal bias aside, that, for me, erodes their credibility. I believe that journalist will distort and lie to further their agenda.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I used to read the two newspapers in my city(and often still do), watch FOX News, and CNN. It just annoys me so much and, really, just depresses me because of the bias and all of the things that I cannot fix. Journalists should report the facts on a wide variety of issues and put their personal biases aside. Otherwise, it's just an Op Ed piece which is to what news reporting has devolved. If a journalist or news outlet is unwilling/unable to put their personal bias aside, that, for me, erodes their credibility. I believe that journalist will distort and lie to further their agenda.
Yea I've tried watching MSNBC and spent the time laughing at those idiots. There's people that believe them too. Oh well, it must be my experience that tells me they are peddling crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies