Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 03:17 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So how exactly is the precedent of granting temporary Amnesty to 5 million illegals going to work against me? Is there gonna come a day when I am an illegal citizen in this country or something?

You never really made a point with your OP other than thus is the death of America as we know it. last I checked, it looked like the same America I knew the other day, and still raining.
I did clearly delineate it, and re-iterated in the last post the difference between my initial point and what you are crying about. You did not read my initial post and are only revealing as much to those who did. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbeater Bliss View Post
Oh, the drama! The sky is falling down, Chicken Little! Either that or it's raining Mexicans that "took our jobs!"
In terms of the depth of the conversation we are way beyond this silliness. You belong in another, less developed thread. Seriously, go away. You have nothing to contribute. You simply don't understand what is being discussed here.

Last edited by cachibatches; 11-22-2014 at 03:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 03:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The "unconstitutional" is getting old, went to the well with that one too many times and it's boring at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
If you want to point the accusing finger, point it at Congress; and then go look in the mirror and point the accusing finger at yourself.
^ This whole issue. Summed up in 2 consecutive posts on the first page.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:32 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
^ This whole issue. Summed up in 2 consecutive posts on the first page.

First of all, two different issues. Secondly, both nonsense.

Like all of the detractors, you will cry to no end when the Obama precedent is used against your pet issues. Bravado at the moment changes nothing.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,491 times
Default RIP American Republic: July 4, 1776- November 20, 2014

I feel bad that the American Republic ended on my 71st birthday. It was great until 2008.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:20 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes we should use the Hitler model.

Any idea what rounding up 12 million illegal immigrants and putting them on planes and trains would look like, definitely not America.

I was watching a video earlier where Bill O'Reilly interviews Charles Krauthammer on the immigration executive order. I thought his argument was incredibly compelling, and reminded me of where I had to stop listening to Obama's speech(when he decided to quote scripture).

Krauthammer: Why Didn't Obama Do This Before The Election? | Video | RealClearPolitics

He says... "If Obama feels so strongly about this, and scripture dictates that this ought to be be done, why did he do nothing about this in 2009 and 2010 when he had control of the White House, the House, and the Senate, and he could actually have done this constitutionally by passing legislation?"

I was watching another video by a senator who said something that I thought was very thought-provoking. He said "Do we believe in open borders? Or do we believe that we are a sovereign state that should create rules about who can enter this country?"

The problem with our immigration system, is that it creates a sort of "de-facto" system of open borders. Now, I am not arguing that that is a bad thing. But that isn't what the American people actually want. And it isn't what the American people have ever wanted.

Now, the weird thing about this whole situation is how the different sides of this issue have come together. For instance, the immigrants that liberals want so badly to come to America, are not liberals. They are social conservatives. In fact, most of the immigrants don't like liberals at all. Those Muslims that liberals defend and want to have imported to America(like they are in Europe), despise liberals with a passion. There is nothing a fundamentalist Muslim hates more in this world than a liberal.

For that matter, liberals and most of the democratic party don't really like immigrants either. And unions have spent most of the last century fighting all immigration. Blacks are the biggest economic losers when it comes to immigration. And I always find it ironic when I hear Obama say things like "We need to keep these educated immigrants here in America, otherwise they'll go back to their countries. Those other countries are ones in which America is in competition".

That kind of statement is not only disingenuous, but it is a contradiction of the egalitarianism that the rest of his argument rests.

The truth is, the immigration issue isn't a real issue, it isn't a genuine issue. It is nothing more than a political game. Neither party wants open borders. The Democrats just want Hispanic votes because they can't win without them. The last time the Democratic party won the white vote in a presidential election was in 1964. And that was LBJ, who was such a disgraceful president that he didn't even bother running in 1968.

Even in Obama's practical landslide victory in 2008, he won only 43% of the white vote. By 2012 he was down to just 39%. If an election was held today, he would probably be closer to 30%.

With the Democrats only winning hand increasingly becoming "the race card". I fear future elections will increasingly look more like "whites vs minorities" than actual democracy.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:52 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I vehemently disagree with Obama's use of the EO but I do think you're exaggerating. The likely path is that states will sue (believe Texas has already stated it will), the EO will be considered in court, and they will slap it down for executive overreach. It's not the end of our government - just evidence of Obama's continued unwillingness to work with Republicans.
It's hard to work with a group that puts party over country!!!

Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Oh, the drama! The sky is falling down, Chicken Little! Either that or it's raining Mexicans that "took our jobs!"
So we shouldn't have immigration laws and quotas? We should just let in every Mexican or other foreigner that wants to come here? FYI, Mexicans already enjoy the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country. What happened to diversity? And yes, illegal aliens do take American jobs and resourses Mexican or not. Your flippant anti-laws, anti-American attitude makes me sick along with your stupid race card pulling.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:56 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Oh the Drama!

1. I guess chicken little believes the rule of law is very important. After all,

A nation under a well regulated government, should permit none to remain uninstructed. It is monarchical and aristocratical government only that requires ignorance for its support.

Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1792

2. We have an immigration system for a reason. (I guess this is not the case.)

3. I guess along with illegals seeking work, the criminal element does not exist.

4. I guess majority of the ILLEGALS have tremendous respect towards U.S. law so they had to break the law to be here.

5.U.S. enablers of illegal immigration are just as culpable, if not more so.

6. Illegals send the message to the world that it is okay to enter the country illegally, and we are telling them they are right.

7. Ask any legal workers in the construction industry how they feel about illegal immigrants. Ask them how they feel about the illegals work illegally under the table without contractors insurance workers comp payroll taxes ect.

It is amazing that most people with half size brain can figure out exactly how Corporate America is ruining the economy, our goods and services are supplied by large corporations based in "developing" nations. On one hand, we blame illegal immigrants for the loss of our domestic jobs to foreigners, (This argument is debatable) On the other hand, we support and fund these illegal multi-national operations that manufacture our goods and services abroad.

Finally, which part of "Illegal" don't you understand?

Old 11-22-2014, 06:13 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Great idea, especially considering that congress refuses to send a bill to the president's desk.
What bill? We don't need a bill, we have laws in place to deal with illegals, Obama just refuses to enforce them. Instead, he is demanding that congress rewrite the laws to his liking. He's a tyrant. He just keeps repeating the lie that he can't enforce the laws. Yes we can my ass.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:34 AM

518 posts, read 469,677 times
Does anyone know of any Militias that are forming to take America back? I would be interested in finding them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies