Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:43 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“I’m calling. I’m calling your viewers to come to DC on Wednesday December 3rd at high noon on the west steps of the Capitol. We need to have a rally. And we need to go visit our senators and our Congressmen because nothing frightens a congressman like the whites of his constituents’ eyes. And, we need to say we’re not going to do this with our Constitution.”
The above was announced by Michele Bachman on one of the Fox shows last night, I think Hannity's. I am not a fan of hers, she is too extreme for me, but this time I find myself at least agreeing with her about the constitutional part. She is calling for a rally to let our congress critters know we think they ought to do something in response to Obama's amnesty move, and since I live near, I am actually thinking about going.

While I'm concerned about this granting of amnesty and think it will cause more problems in the future than it fixes, the actual amnesty isn't what irks me some much. What has me steamed is the blatant disregard for the separations of powers as established by the constitution and the precedent it will set. Do the people who are applauding his actions in this not get that he is establishing greater presidential power. Sure it is power they are okay with in this instance, but what happens if it is used to turn back environmental laws or change food safety standards or suppress freedom of speech or establish marital law? What then?

Old 11-21-2014, 05:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The above was announced by Michele Bachman on one of the Fox shows last night, I think Hannity's. I am not a fan of hers, she is too extreme for me, but this time I find myself at least agreeing with her about the constitutional part. She is calling for a rally to let our congress critters know we think they ought to do something in response to Obama's amnesty move, and since I live near, I am actually thinking about going.

While I'm concerned about this granting of amnesty and think it will cause more problems in the future than it fixes, the actual amnesty isn't what irks me some much. What has me steamed is the blatant disregard for the separations of powers as established by the constitution and the precedent it will set. Do the people who are applauding his actions in this not get that he is establishing greater presidential power. Sure it is power they are okay with in this instance, but what happens if it is used to turn back environmental laws or change food safety standards or suppress freedom of speech or establish marital law? What then?

If you find yourself agreeing with Ms. Bachmann, then you may want to reconsider your thought process. No reasonable person can view Mr. Obama's speech as providing 'amnesty', or that he (or future presidents) will look back at last night as forming a basis for 'marital' law (did you mean martial?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 05:52 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Yes there very well may be some problems created by amnesty but to follow Michelle Bachman and Sean Hannity is absurd. Do they have a plan or alternative or do they just want to whine on the capitol steps. Sean Hannity has been focused on defeating Obama since his first week in office and is divisive, someone more reasonable would be a better choice.

Other than putting up a bigger wall what is their plan to address the 12 million illegal immigrants already here, lacking that answer they don't really have a solution.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
The people applauding this don't care about our laws. They are getting what they want and that is all that matters.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:54 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes there very well may be some problems created by amnesty but to follow Michelle Bachman and Sean Hannity is absurd. Do they have a plan or alternative or do they just want to whine on the capitol steps. Sean Hannity has been focused on defeating Obama since his first week in office and is divisive, someone more reasonable would be a better choice.

Other than putting up a bigger wall what is their plan to address the 12 million illegal immigrants already here, lacking that answer they don't really have a solution.
Enforce the current freaking laws maybe.....

Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Enforce the current freaking laws maybe.....
They can't and have not been able to for 40 years.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:59 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
They can't and have not been able to for 40 years.
Maybe they should then...

So, in true leftist fashion...the current laws don't work...so lets make more....

Old 11-21-2014, 06:03 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
America is done. The United States now belongs to illegals first in this presidents eyes.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:11 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
America is done. The United States now belongs to illegals first in this presidents eyes.
Nah, the US belongs to the companies that hire and benefit from cheap illegal labor, they just pay the politicians to take the blame.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:13 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:

Sadly far too many people in Washington and elsewhere are too afraid, too cowardly, to do the right thing and put #Boots2Asses. If there was enough courage and enough will to do that(enforce existing immigration law and secure the border) then we wouldn’t have an illegal immigration problem now would we.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies