Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:04 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,932,486 times

Advertisements

Not like this has never happened before.... yes... it's crazy, crazy stupid totals and a real tough situation up there with this current lake effect snow event but to even think this has something to do with climate change? Meh... not buying it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Not like this has never happened before.... yes... it's crazy, crazy stupid totals and a real tough situation up there with this current lake effect snow event but to even think this has something to do with climate change? Meh... not buying it.

You denier!

Old 11-21-2014, 12:16 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
What's funny is that when people that aren't AGW cultists point to a short term event that occurs in one limited area, it's weather. Even when the most of the country is held in the grip of some of the coldest winters on record, "the US isn't the entire world, you know". Yet this 3 day, localized event cold weather event is somehow supposed to be evidence of global warming.

Much like most cultists...logic won't penetrate.

Yep, Buffalo has never seen lake effect snow before.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:26 PM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I also survived the Blizzard of '77, stuck in high school for a few days. Funny thing is, back then, NOAA was blaming pollution for blocking the sun and predicted the coming of an ice age due to human actions.

Mr. Spock even said so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGB5MMIAVA

How badly were you effected by this storm? It sounds like the city and points west got slammed. My friends to the north (Lockport) only got a few inches.

How badly did Tug Hill get blasted? They always got a LOT more snow than even Buffalo.
This has been debunked countless times...You deniers really need new talking points.. From 1965 to 1979 there were only 7 scientific papers predicting a cooling vs 44 on global warming.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:37 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
This article basically does all of the explaining for me.

As for me, I've lived in the Metro Area most of my life. My parents survived the Blizzard of '77.

The Lake Effect snow process is real. People in the southtowns (south suburbs) get their relief from continuous snow typically in mid-January when Lake Erie freezes.
Of course "lake effect" is real. Polar vortex is real. Funny how everything that happens weather wise constitutes proof to the AGW crowd that these phenomena are the result of so called global warming.

I say these things are the result of global cooling i.e. an impending ice age. (or glaciation, as the purists call it)

Those interested may want to check out NOT BY FIRE BUT BY ICE by Robert Felix

Old 11-21-2014, 12:40 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Buffalo Mega Snowstorm Tied to Climate Change?

sure, why not? add it to the list

warmlist

Old 11-21-2014, 12:41 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What does it really matter?

Are you going to not upgrade your computer or phone? Are you going to tell people they shouldn't fly halfway around the world to take the vacation they want? Or will you just shift as much manufacturing as possible to China?

I guess there is always the fun of making an issue of it on a forum.
Lake effect snow has nothing to do with global warming, it is like the perfect storm.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This has been debunked countless times...You deniers really need new talking points.. From 1965 to 1979 there were only 7 scientific papers predicting a cooling vs 44 on global warming.
Wow! You, of course, have a link proving what you just said.

PS I was an alive adult living during the 70's and yes the climatologists were all saying that we were heading into an ice age, at least according to the media at the time.

Cant wait to hear back from you.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Buffalo Mega Snowstorm Tied to Climate Change?

sure, why not? add it to the list

warmlist
Jesus Herman Christ! LMAO!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2014, 12:56 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,728,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Wow! You, of course, have a link proving what you just said.

PS I was an alive adult living during the 70's and yes the climatologists were all saying that we were heading into an ice age, at least according to the media at the time.

Cant wait to hear back from you.
I remember all that ice age is coming in the 70s. national geographic had articles on that subject..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies