Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:58 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Wow! You, of course, have a link proving what you just said.

PS I was an alive adult living during the 70's and yes the climatologists were all saying that we were heading into an ice age, at least according to the media at the time.

Cant wait to hear back from you.
Enough of this nonsense. You believe what you believe because that's what you want to believe. It has nothing to do with facts or evidence. Your denial in science is no different than organized religion. You have convinced yourself that illogical BS is real because it makes you feel better.

The 1970s Ice Age Myth and Time Magazine Covers – by David Kirtley – Greg Laden's Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What's funny is that when people that aren't AGW cultists point to a short term event that occurs in one limited area, it's weather. Even when the most of the country is held in the grip of some of the coldest winters on record, "the US isn't the entire world, you know". Yet this 3 day, localized event cold weather event is somehow supposed to be evidence of global warming.

Much like most cultists...logic won't penetrate.

Yep, Buffalo has never seen lake effect snow before.
You didn't read the OP, did you?

Old 11-21-2014, 01:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Did you really expect alarmists to practice what they preach, such as quit using electricity, turn off their natural gas used to heat their homes, quit driving their cars, using their computers, or flying to vacation destinations?
Of course I don't expect them to do anything. They'll continue to upgrade their computer and phones. They'll never criticize Obama for using a small armada of aircraft to fly nearly halfway around the world every year to sit on that beach he likes, because "Do you expect him to not go on vacation?"

All, well, to be fair, we'll say the VAST majority, of the AGW crowd will do is bloviate on about how concerned they are and how things need to change as they continue "destroying our planet".

"I'm so hip and cool, I get it. I know what's happening, and we need to fix it. Once I get my iPhone 6, I plan to Tweet about it while I shop for my new automatic coffee maker."

Old 11-21-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Of course I don't expect them to do anything. They'll continue to upgrade their computer and phones. They'll never criticize Obama for using a small armada of aircraft to fly nearly halfway around the world every year to sit on that beach he likes, because "Do you expect him to not go on vacation?"

All, well, to be fair, we'll say the VAST majority, of the AGW crowd will do is bloviate on about how concerned they are and how things need to change as they continue "destroying our planet".

"I'm so hip and cool, I get it. I know what's happening, and we need to fix it. Once I get my iPhone 6, I plan to Tweet about it while I shop for my new automatic coffee maker."

Denial.

Responding to a criticism of the denialist religion with another criticism is illogical.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:16 PM

13,940 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
"Let's not do anything and wait to die in an extreme weather event."

What a great argument!
Send a letter to Obama. He creates law on a whim now, and iirc, you're black and liberal, so he'll wave his scepter and do whatever you say.

Have coal, gasoline and carbon dioxide be declared illegal. Only need one guy to agree and it's law now, so send him a letter.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Send a letter to Obama. He creates law on a whim now, and iirc, you're black and liberal, so he'll wave his scepter and do whatever you say.

Have coal, gasoline and carbon dioxide be declared illegal. Only need one guy to agree and it's law now, so send him a letter.
What laws has Obama created?

Old 11-21-2014, 01:24 PM

260 posts, read 299,497 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure Carbon Dioxide is naturally occurring phenomena but whatever this is City Data. I maybe expecting too much.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
I'm pretty sure Carbon Dioxide is naturally occurring phenomena but whatever this is City Data. I maybe expecting too much.
If Emperor Obama declares it illegal, then it is, and all that naturally occurring nonsense is heresy. Do you not understand the god-king concept?

Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM

260 posts, read 299,497 times
Quote:
If Emperor Obama declares it illegal, then it is, and all that naturally occurring nonsense is heresy. Do you not understand the god-king concept?

That doesn't make any sense. What god-king concept? is that science? Have religious god crowd invented new ways of looking at physics? I'm not up on the new trends.

Is that a theory like The Earth cannot go through any catastrophic changes because "King Jesus" hasn't returned. I go to admit Ive heard that before. Am I missing something?

Last edited by JasonTy; 11-21-2014 at 01:41 PM..

Old 11-21-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
That doesn't make any sense. What god-king concept? is that science? Have religious god crowd invented new ways of looking at physics? I'm not up on the new trends. Am I missing something?
No, I am saying that if you want carbon dioxide illegal, just have the King decree it. He lowers sea levels and global temps, he heals the sick. What is the AGW boogeyman? It's manmade CO2. So have the King outlaw the production of CO2 from anything other breathing. Done. His will be done.

Doesn't that fix everything? And isn't global warming a much bigger threat and emergency than immigration? methinks thou ought to petition thine King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies