Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you have a strong grasp of what was really going on during that generation besides women being treated like second class citizens.

You then go on to blame present generations about being spoiled when this is a trait they are learning from a past generation, one that you seem to think didn't have people who were spoiled or live on welfare, unless of course it was a a woman who lost her man and wasn't capable of helping herself.
Funny you should bring up a woman without a man. My aunt divorced her husband when divorce was unheard of. She raised her son while dad bailed on helping out. Yet she still NEVER collected welfare. Yes, in those days, woman were not allowed to get a mortgage so she rented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 01:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, you're right, every generation had losers, people who think nothing of taking government confiscated money.
So how does that make this generation any different from past generations? It doesn't. That is the point I am making.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I don't think you have a strong grasp of what was really going on during that generation besides women being treated like second class citizens.

You then go on to blame present generations about being spoiled when this is a trait they are learning from a past generation, one that you seem to think didn't have people who were spoiled or live on welfare, unless of course it was a a woman who lost her man and wasn't capable of helping herself.
urbanlife do you remember the Ajoli commercial

I can bring home the bacon
fry it up in the pan
and never, never, never let you forget your a man.

lol

Old 11-22-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Funny you should bring up a woman without a man. My aunt divorced her husband when divorce was unheard of. She raised her son while dad bailed on helping out. Yet she still NEVER collected welfare. Yes, in those days, woman were not allowed to get a mortgage so she rented.
Actually I am not the one who brought that up, the person I was commenting on first mentioned that as if wenough were second class citizens who needed a man or the government to survive.

I am sure you Aunt was a very hard working woman in a rough situation.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:

fry it up in the pan

lol
Nope, but I rarely pay attention to commercials. And I don't get the jingle either, but oh well.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Actually I have a very strong grasp on how woman were second class citizens back then and this is the very reason I grew up knowing that to give any one person, anyone group too much power it will surely be abused. This is the very reason I knew I would never depend on anyone. Dependency gives them too much power over the dependent person or people.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Actually I have a very strong grasp on how woman were second class citizens back then and this is the very reason I grew up knowing that to give any one person, anyone group too much power it will surely be abused. This is the very reason I knew I would never depend on anyone. Dependency gives them too much power over the dependent person or people.
Okay, but in case you didn't notice that comment wasn't directed to you. I am sure you do have a strong grasp on how women were treated as second class citizens then. If I am not mistaken, you are a woman and you are older.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:33 AM

Quote:

fry it up in the pan

lol
Quote:
Nope, but I rarely pay attention to commercials. And I don't get the jingle either, but oh well.
It was a commercial right when woman were trying to break out into the workforce but some men wanted the woman to stay home. That made them dependent. Uneducated and dependent kept woman down. Some men abused their power.. their woman because they knew the woman couldn't leave because they couldn't support themselves. If she didn't have a good man she was screwed. If she had an abusive man she was so screwed.

Dependency is a very bad thing. You are at the mercy of the person, group that you are dependent on be it a man, woman, government.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:38 AM

348 posts, read 294,626 times
Quote:
What do you know ? Are you some kind of social psychologist or something with a study and stats to back up all these ideas , Or just some dude with the nose so far out of joint if no ones looking the pizza guy wouldn't even get a tip .

Old 11-22-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Okay, but in case you didn't notice that comment wasn't directed to you. I am sure you do have a strong grasp on how women were treated as second class citizens then. If I am not mistaken, you are a woman and you are older.
I'm not taking it personally. Yes, I'm a woman. I'm old enough to have seen what was going on with the woman just before me. I was also very observant. Fortunately my dad preached get an education (even though he couldn't pay my way) and to always be always be able to take care of myself. Never be dependent. If I wasn't being treated right, then be able to leave and never look back. I was observant and I listened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies