Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM

436 posts, read 805,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
True. Actually I wasn't real blaming the church for anything. It just seems the Catholic Church is taking a beating as of late. And this stuff is not making the church look any better.
Well, actually, ALL Christian faiths have been subjected to a lot from many different angles. The only ones not being criticized are the Muslims- and everyone is bowing to them, for some odd reason.

Funny, but when a teacher molests a student, the school system is not blamed; but let a priest do so, and the entire church is at fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,490,376 times
Default under the bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Well, actually, ALL Christian faiths have been subjected to a lot from many different angles. The only ones not being criticized are the Muslims- and everyone is bowing to them, for some odd reason.

Funny, but when a teacher molests a student, the school system is not blamed; but let a priest do so, and the entire church is at fault.
I think the difference with the schools is that in most cases the schools the schools don't waste much time throwing a teacher under the bus. The church is more apt to protect one of their flock. But that's just my view.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM

10 posts, read 11,549 times
If there were any doubts that Religious Right voters are still a powerful force in the Republican Party, Mike Huckabee's huge win in the Iowa Republican caucuses last night put them to rest.

Huckabee's friendly, folksy demeanor can distract attention from the disturbing fact that he and his backers essentially urged conservative evangelicals to vote for him based on his being the "right" kind of Christian.

That should make Americans very nervous.

Governor Huckabee has pledged to support every item on the Radical Right's wish list: a constitutional ban on abortion, a veto of legislation to protect gay and lesbian Americans from discrimination, support for a bill to keep federal courts from intervening when local officials violate the separation of church and state, and most importantly, a far-right Supreme Court.

When asked about what kind of justices Huckabee would appoint to the Supreme Court -- something CNN predicts the next president could get to do three or more times -- his answer was:
"I would want people who are in the spirit of Scalia. He's probably my hero in the Court."
That should make Americans even more nervous.

To find out more about what Mike Huckabee and the other Republican presidential candidates are saying about the Court, please visit www.TakeBackTheCourt.org.

And for more information on Huckabee and the Religious Right, see PFAW's report The Huckabee Surge: Why Religious Right Activists Like Mike and our Right Wing Watch Huckabee archive.

We hope that you stand with us in 2008 as we continue to expose and counter the Radical Right, and mobilize thousands of Americans to Take Back the Court. -- Your Allies at People For the American Way

Report: http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=24887
Archive: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/individuals/mike_huckabee/index.html

Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM

44,567 posts, read 61,347,806 times
Wasn't there 2 Kennedy murders. Ted at Chapaquidick and the cousin in FL that raped and killed a girl acquaintance.
Don't forget OJ was a Republican,and Wm Shatner another Republican had a shady experince with the drowning of his wife. Don't forget Lil Beaver grew up and killed his childs mother.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:25 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,490,376 times
Default He Will Hang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Wasn't Wm Shatner another Republican had a shady experince with the drowning of his wife..
Hey I forgot about that! Yeah! I don't think anything became of it. THAT IT! I GOING TO START A PARTITION ON CD TO MAKE LAW ENFORCEMENT TO PUT WILL SHATNER ON TRAIL FOR MURDER!

Btw I think he's truly the one that poisoned the grain that killed all the tribbles. BASTARD! HE WILL HANG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies