Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 11:54 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
The most ridiculous and backwards thing I've read. A flat out lie.

500 blacks in Chicago alone were murdered last year. Please find a city anywhere in the Western Hemisphere where this is occurring even remotely close to that level.
I can find cities far worse that that, where there aren't many Blacks at all.

I would start with cities in Honduras (world's highest murder rate), El Salvador, and Guatemala. In fact, 7 of the 10 world's most murderous nations, per capita, are in the Western Hemisphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 11:55 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
Name calling? Really?

Is this the only defense this guy has against a logical point? Giuliani is not a white supremacist for pointing out the reality behind widely known crime stats.

This is absurd. What happens in black communities impacts us all, but facts can't be discussed by whites without them being called bigots, racists, or one of many other names.
It is now racist to "Notice Things."

Rudy was stating a truth we all know. Calling him a white supremacist for doing so is stupid beyond belief. I would speculate people who do that are ashamed. It is human nature to ignore that which is unpleasant and also to blame others.

The only thing Rudy did that was wrong was jumping on to the Dyson clown wagon.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:17 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can find cities far worse that that, where there aren't many Blacks at all.

I would start with cities in Honduras (world's highest murder rate), El Salvador, and Guatemala. In fact, 7 of the 10 world's most murderous nations, per capita, are in the Western Hemisphere.
We're not comparing that now, are we.

I meant Caucasian.

Come back with "you said Western Hemishphere." Okay, I should have said Caucasian city in the Western Hemisphere. Whatever. It's semantics in the discussion we're having here.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:27 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
"White Police Officers Won't Be There If You Weren't Killing Each Other 70% Of The Time"

To be quite honest, Dyson is not the one killing other Black people. When someone tells me "if you wouldn't do this or that", I take it personal. I'm not the one perpetuating crimes and doing stupid stuff. Guliani could have said "police officers wouldn't have to work as hard if those thugs didn't murder each other".

When I say something, I assign blame to the actual persons responsible, the thugs who are committing crimes. There is no "you people" with me. It is "those specific thugs" who are responsible.
I took that to be Giuliani speaking to the people living in violent neighborhoods, not talking specifically to Dyson. It's obvious that Dyson does not live in those Ferguson neighborhoods.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:31 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,548,175 times
Quote:
Fireworks: Giuliani vs. Michael Eric Dyson: "White Police Officers Won't Be There If You Weren't Killing Each Other 70% Of The Time" | Video | RealClearPolitics

What Giuliani said is more or less correct. Of course I would never sell Michael Eric Dyson short on playing is (perpetual) race card.
Where did Dyson call Giuliani a supremacist? I watched it live and he didn't say that. Who's stoking a racially focused post on a misleading title?

Old 11-24-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
We're not comparing that now, are we.

I meant Caucasian.

Come back with "you said Western Hemishphere." Okay, I should have said Caucasian city in the Western Hemisphere. Whatever. It's semantics in the discussion we're having here.
Well, you should have said Caucasian. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Otherwise things can get interpreted any kind of way.

At the end of the day, there is one person I am most concerned about: ME. I'm the one who has to live with myself. I'm the one who has to worry about MY personal safety, and whether or not I will be accepted as an individual. The way I think in terms of crime and race relations is this: What is in it for me? Call me selfish, but if I don't look out for me, no one else will.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I took that to be Giuliani speaking to the people living in violent neighborhoods, not talking specifically to Dyson. It's obvious that Dyson does not live in those Ferguson neighborhoods.
Well, if Giuliani wanted it to be interpreted that way, he should have said so, in those specific words. When someone says "you people", I have to assume that person is talking about me too.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Where did Dyson call Giuliani a supremacist? I watched it live and he didn't say that. Who's stoking a racially focused post on a misleading title?
I didn't watch this either. I had no idea. If this is true, then the only thing this shows is a desire to vent resentment towards Blacks, on the part of the person who made the misleading title.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
This discussion has nothing to do with Eric Holder.
it doesn't have anything to do with the advisability of keeping one's mouth shut, either, yet you brought that up. so why is that okay to discuss, but eric holder's views on that topic are not?

Quote:
I don't even know what Holder is up to. I'm concerned about trying to live MY life.
no you're not. you're here bitching and moaning on a message board

Old 11-24-2014, 02:47 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Dyson directly inferred it here:

GIULIANI: Well, how about you reduce crime?

DYSON: Absolutely, when I became mayor, I will do that.

GIULIANI: The white police officers won’t be there if you weren`t killing each other. 70 to 75 percent of the time...

DYSON: This is a defensive mechanism of white supremacy at work in your mind, sir.

You'd have to listen to the exchanged, because Dyson was talking over the mayor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies