Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Players try to pervent planes from crashing into the twin towers.

ABC News

ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Well, they do make video games about real events. Call of Duty, Socom, for examples.

As far as this game is concerned, it's not in depth and political - it's just a little fighter thing where you shoot at planes headed for the towers. When I originally read this title, the image in my head portrayed a game where you are a passenger in a plane and have to stop the hijacking and such. THAT would have been wrong.

People will find anything to complain about...

Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM

229 posts, read 170,589 times
Maybe they are using the software that Cheney and Condaleeza were playing on 9-11, to simulate highjacked planes flying into the WHITEHOUSE. Of course, Condaleeza said that they could never IMAGINE planes being used as weapons. Either they are lying or have horrible memories. Which is better, for the leaders of your country?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:36 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
People will find anything to complain about...
If your family gets slaughtered in your house, let me know (if your still alive) and I'll make a fun game about it.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
If your family gets slaughtered in your house, let me know (if your still alive) and I'll make a fun game about it.
Seriously, if my home got hit by a plane - I'd actually provide you with what my place looked like before the crash. And try to make it a lot more realistic than this silly flash game - I expect some good visual effects.

If you're not being sarcastic - I will reiterate that more people died in World War 2. However, I didn't see the outrage when Call of Duty: 2 was released. I will also like to inform you that a family member of mine was one of the ones killed on 9/11.

I still don't see the "outrage" of a simple flash game. Well, except the fact that it's really lame.... ((just played it...))

Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Any truth to the rumor that an alternative version is available in the Middle East where the object of the game is -- uh -- somewhat different?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Any truth to the rumor that an alternative version is available in the Middle East where the object of the game is -- uh -- somewhat different?
What rumor? Go to Google and look up "New York Defender" - it's an actual stupid flash game.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:36 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,859 times
I thought it was too soon to be making movies about 9/11 when they did, like Flight 93. I don't care to see movies about the war that is still going on, either. This is a just a silly, cheap game. If there was a real game for Xbox or Playstation with 9/11 in New York themes, it would be outrageous. It's too soon.
It's one thing to have fictitious scenarious with real life themes, like SoCom, and others, but I don't want to see any Pearl Harbor or Battle of the Bulge video games. Keep it fiction.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:30 PM

365 posts, read 699,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Players try to pervent planes from crashing into the twin towers.

ABC News

ABC News
I always like to check out the credits on these type of things, see who is going to the bank on our history's tragedies, and to think we wonder why our kids are getting more violent and more crazy and bringing guns to schools and shooting up everything and everybody in sight, the entertainment industry is fed by our stupidity...

Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I wouldn't care, it's only a Video Game, in the subtitles it could state:
"IN LOVING MEMORY OF JOHN DOE"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies