Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 07:19 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

I think it's pretty obvious to any thinking person that Obama's handling of Ferguson has been just about as inept and divisive as many of his actions throughout his career. Rather than rambling about how "unfair" it is that blacks are "profiled" by police, he could have handled it differently. Perhaps in such a way as to defuse a bad situation. Rather than inflame tensions that lead to violence and destruction by a small number of savages in our communities. Not black people, a specific group of thugs and animals.

How about, if Mr. Obama had said something to the effect....

"We have a legal system that has looked at this case, deliberated it extensively, and concluded that the officer did nothing wrong. That in fact, he was violently attacked, not by an innocent teen, but by a violent thug. One that had just committed a crime and weighed in at nearly 300 lbs. Wouldn't any of us have been in fear for their life if attacked by such an individual? I certainly would have. A young man is dead, not because he is black, but because he acted like a criminal and attacked a law enforcement officer. Please, everyone, settle down. When questioned by police, act like the polite, decent human beings that you would like to be treated as. Not as a vicious thug. A man is dead because of his actions. The country doesn't have to bleed because of this. I tell you this as both your president, and as a black man."

Or something similar, instead of performing to a specific audience and giving some credence to whines of "unfairness". Would it had made a difference if our first black president acted like the leader of this country instead of someone pandering for the minority vote? If he had acted as a leader...instead of a victim?

Remember....
"Pants up. Don't loot"

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 11-25-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 07:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Obama's handling of Ferguson is an impeachable offense.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:22 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
No matter what he said you still would have found something about it to criticize him. I can't wait till he's out of office so all the whining can come to an end.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:22 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Boehner is on it.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:24 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm not sure you can be impeached for incompetence and ignorance.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:40 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
obama is in heaven, nothing he likes more than race riots and dead Americans.. The man is scum...

Old 11-25-2014, 07:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

You can't this is something that comes natural, Obama no way. He picks and chooses, which situations he is going to say something about, and we all know which ones they are.

What about the world war Two Vet who was killed by 2 blacks, why nothing said about that. One story is just as important as another. We cannot communicate and make things better, and try to understand, when people act a fool and like animals.

I do not remember vets acting this way, when one of theirs was killed. And what was the reason why a man was gunned down in the streets, and then burned, and we are suppose to feel sorry for these animalistic people, do not think so. I hope the trouble makers are thrown in jail, and their sorry asses, can pay for the damage they have done.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
C'mon--we all know that if that were the case, Bush wouldn't have made it through two terms.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious to any thinking person that Obama's handling of Ferguson has been just about as inept and divisive as many of his actions throughout his career. Rather than rambling about how "unfair" it is that blacks are "profiled" by police, he could have handled it differently. Perhaps in such a way as to defuse a bad situation. Rather than inflame tensions that lead to violence and destruction by a small number of savages in our communities. Not black people, a specific group of thugs and animals.

How about, if Mr. Obama had said something to the effect....

"We have a legal system that has looked at this case, deliberated it extensively, and concluded that the officer did nothing wrong. That in fact, he was violently attacked, not by an innocent teen, but by a violent thug. One that had just committed a crime and weighed in at nearly 300 lbs. Wouldn't any of us have been in fear for their life if attacked by such an individual. I certainly would have. A young man is dead, not because he is black, but because he acted like a criminal and attacked a law enforcement officer. Please, everyone, settle down. When questioned by police, act like the polite, decent human beings that you would like to be treated as. Not as a vicious thug. A man is dead because of his actions. The country doesn't have to bleed because of this. I tell you this as both your president, and as a black man."

Or something similar, instead of performing to a specific audience and giving some credence to whines of "unfairness". Would it had made a difference if our first black president acted like the leader of this country instead of someone pandering for the minority vote? If he had acted as a leader...instead of a victim?

Remember....
"Pants up. Don't loot"
I tried to give you a positive rating, but, it wouldn't let me. So all I can say is "amen brother"

Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Obama didn't pick a side what the hell are people talking about?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies