Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:11 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Didn't you once argue that Obama saying "you could keep your doctor if you liked your doctor" was truthful?
Let me repeat the question: Why does it 'seem' like the illegals are exempted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,357,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Under the Affordable Care Act, that means businesses who hire them won’t have to pay a penalty for not providing them health coverage — making them $3,000 more attractive than a similar native-born worker, whom the business by law would have to cover.

“If it is true that the president’s actions give employers a $3,000 incentive to hire those who came here illegally, he has added insult to injury,” said Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican. “

Well, now. Let's see what these business owners do.

If they are already compliant with the law, it will not affect their bottom line at all.

If they fire all of their present employees and only hire the legal illegals so as to get out of providing health insurance, then who's the scum?

Leave it to a republican conservative to instantly see the advantages...to pass on the burden to ordinary taxpayers.
I don't think it has anything to do with political partisanship. There are jerks and greedy people in both parties.

If a company is barely making it and employs ten people, that "saves" them $30,000. If it's a 100 people that's $300,000. It's simple math.

So, is there a loophole or not?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with political partisanship. There are jerks and greedy people in both parties.

If a company is barely making it and employs ten people, that "saves" them $30,000. If it's a 100 people that's $300,000. It's simple math.
If you employ 10, you don't have to get anything for anyone. As for companies larger than 50, there are no incentives for hiring people with a temp work permit, so it doesn't make any difference.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,288,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you employ 10, you don't have to get anything for anyone. As for companies larger than 50, there are no incentives for hiring people with a temp work permit, so it doesn't make any difference.
It's not full time employees but FTE..full time equivalent employees with 30 hours being the determinant and counted over a 6-12 month period.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Let me repeat the question: Why does it 'seem' like the illegals are exempted?
That's the big question isn't it? We can't believe anything the administration tell us. Shouldn't government be more open and transparent with things like this?

Old 11-30-2014, 01:36 PM

1,013 posts, read 907,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
here is more of that obamacare goodness sure to help the minority community that voted for him!

obamacare offers firms $3,000 incentive to hire illegals over native-born workers
wtf?
CAN WE FORCE CONGRESS TO NOT FUND THIS BULL ****?

they are stealing money from us
to fire us
then hire illegals to replace us?

HOW DOES THIS BULL **** MAKE SENSE?

business owners must be happy BUT anyone with common sense?
HELL NO.

IS HE TRYING TO DESPERATELY force people to REBEL?
so he can finally gun down Americans?

SERIOUSLY.

this president is a TERRORIST

Old 11-30-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
That's the big question isn't it? We can't believe anything the administration tell us. Shouldn't government be more open and transparent with things like this?
I am referring to YOUR claim. Can you answer the question?

Old 11-30-2014, 02:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
I am referring to YOUR claim. Can you answer the question?
I did. I've posted links. Others have posted links. Seriously, you would think you wouldn't be so quick to attack others after having defended what turned out to be outright lies by the administration in the past.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I did. I've posted links. Others have posted links. Seriously, you would think you wouldn't be so quick to attack others after having defended what turned out to be outright lies by the administration in the past.
I am not attacking you, and I am not defending anything . I am asking a simple question. You said it SEEMS like illegals will be exempt, and I asked you to explain it, and you have failed to do so. Trying to make it about me is a grand deflection.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:33 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,655,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not full time employees but FTE..full time equivalent employees with 30 hours being the determinant and counted over a 6-12 month period.
Some republicans said they want to introduce a bill to redefine "Full Time" to what it used to be: 40 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies