Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 02:43 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I'm in my 30's & the only time I have seen this country so racially divided was after the OJ Simpson trial in the 90's under fellow Democrat, Bill Clinton.

Never have I seen that under a Republican president, not in my lifetime.
... oh God.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:44 PM

779 posts, read 632,368 times
Quote:
I'm in my 30's & the only time I have seen this country so racially divided was after the OJ Simpson trial in the 90's under fellow Democrat, Bill Clinton.

You were alive during the L.A.riots when Bush was in office. People were against a criminal getting his head cracked in by multiple cops.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:48 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
A president can certainly get on the debate and said a tone, because ultimately the president drives the conversation. Don't kid yourself here.
You know, cons cry if Obama gives his two cents on some situation going on if it involves black people. Then they turn around & cry "What is Obama doing for black people?" So, cons either want the president to get involved or they don't. They cry about him, claiming he only cares about black people & then if he doesn't chime in on something, they cry that he doesn't care. I mean seriously, the flip flopping of cons is ridiculous.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:51 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,524 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
You were alive during the L.A.riots when Bush was in office. People were against a criminal getting his head cracked in by multiple cops.
Cincinnati 2001 during Bush?

You know - that "largest urban disturbance in the United States since the 1992 Los Angeles riots."

Old 11-26-2014, 02:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Black man?

Last I checked he was half White (bi-racial) & was raised by White grandparents after the Kenyan father & trailer trash White mother abandoned him.
Now why would you call his mother "trailer trash?"

Be honest...don't try to lie about it.

And why would you accuse her of abandoning him?

Seriously dude...you suck at hiding it. Stop even trying and come clean.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:53 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

I wasn't alive in the 60s and don't remember the Rodney King riots, but I've never seen the country this torn apart by race, and I think Ferguson finally blew the lid off the pressure cooker.

It's been a steady drumbeat of racial issues the last few years. The Skip Gates arrest outside his home a couple years back, Trayvon Martin, and now Ferguson. In each one of those cases, the media and the "advocates" seem to want to drum things up and get people upset. It's certainly worked.

Do you think race relations are going to continue to deteriorate? I'd say this is the worst it's been since the 60s.
As long as white supremacy infest the minds of a certain segment of the population, you can safely bet it will continue...

Old 11-26-2014, 02:53 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Obama is black due to the one-drop rule. America doesn't have a separate set of social rules for distinguishing biracial men from black men.

Your point was that where you live is not racially divided. I'm merely stating that Hispanic is not a race. Hence, your anecdote doesn't even make sense.

Republican presidents act in the best interests of protecting the White Male power structure. Racists don't have an issue with white male domination. That's kind of the point. It is only when the power structure is challenged that the true racists come out.
Poll Tax was created by Democrats to keep minorities from voting.

Who is the racist party again?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It's only racially divided if you're a racist who's mad that a black man is President, or if you watch Fox "News" and believe that President Obama is racist against white people.

In my real world, the races mix freely and without issue.
Mine too. Miami is a mixed bag and very integrated.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

I wasn't alive in the 60s and don't remember the Rodney King riots, but I've never seen the country this torn apart by race, and I think Ferguson finally blew the lid off the pressure cooker.

It's been a steady drumbeat of racial issues the last few years. The Skip Gates arrest outside his home a couple years back, Trayvon Martin, and now Ferguson. In each one of those cases, the media and the "advocates" seem to want to drum things up and get people upset. It's certainly worked.

Do you think race relations are going to continue to deteriorate? I'd say this is the worst it's been since the 60s.
I'm twice your age, and up until the last decade, I thought we had made great inroads. Now, I feel like we are reliving a bad rerun of the CRM, except, there's no segregation or open discrimination. It's all implied, and seems more an excuse for insurrection.

Many of the great people associated with the CRM have turned from being productive, to be destructive, to keep their relativity alive. They have become race baiters, and the US Government has become the biggest baiter of all.

Quote:
It's only racially divided if you're a racist who's mad that a black man is President, or if you watch Fox "News" and believe that President Obama is racist against white people.

In my real world, the races mix freely and without issue.
First you say something that is absolutely insane, and then some truth. Which is it? In your real world people don't watch FOX News, or complain about the President?

Are you saying that anyone who questions the President must watch FOX and be a racist?

Is your "real world" some kind of progressive bubble?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:58 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Yeah, Bill Clinton was behind the OJ trial with a specific goal of racially dividing the country

The president has no power to unite or divide races. Talking heads, propaganda networks and racists do.
"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon".

It was President who brought attention to Michael Brown months ago. He goes from fighting a "JV terrorist group" to dividing the nation in less than 9 minutes.

Barack Obama Speaks on Michael Brown Situation in Ferguson Missouri Riots ( Full Speech ) Mike Brown - YouTube

Nope...presidents have no influence.

Barack Obama orders federal investigation into Michael Brown's shooting - YouTube

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-27-2014 at 03:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies