Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:31 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
He stole a few cigs and threw his weight around...and we don't know if Brown assaulted Wilson. You may believe Wilson but I don't.
Wilson's testimony matched the forensic evidence, what more do you want?

Old 11-26-2014, 01:35 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why weren't any of the armed and belligerent violent Cliven Bundy protesters killed by police when they refused to do what they were told? When ever black people have to watch how police can keep their cool when a white criminal gets out of hand it makes them sick.

The problem is in America when a young black man like Treyvon or Brown have to face an armed white man it is a meeting of two killers and the guy with the most rights is the one who has the gun. A six foot three policeman who has to kill every young Black man who steals cigars and won't get out of the middle of the street is not qualified for the job.
If Michael Brown had put his Hands Up and shouted Don't Shoot, he would still be alive.

Irony, Tragedy? Take your pick.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:37 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
I noticed the OP didn't address my question. Again, what exactly does the OP expect to gain from this thread? There are several other threads about this topic, about black people, about the way blacks in Ferguson responded, and it's more of the same. The very same responses and generalizations brought about by some of the very same posters--nothing "new" at all. So what's the point? If this is about understanding the black people in Ferguson, how in the world do you expect black people that don't live in that area, and did not react violently to the situation, to explain to you WHAT went on in the minds of these particular black people? If this is about trying to get a gauge on what black people specifically on city-data think about this situation and some of the "issues" in the black community(that again they may not even fully be apart of) then be specific. But why are whites on here speaking up about the problems that go on in the black community--as they see it, when they aren't black and certainly aren't in the black community? I'm scratching my head wondering what good will come out of this thread, especially when it is an exact replica(in terms of the responses and answers) to the other 4 or 5 threads within this particular sub-forum talking about the same situation.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:38 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You mean he couldn't have just put his foot on the accelerator & driven off? How hard is that to do I wonder?
Ah, why should he do that? ANY CITIZEN can and would be able to shoot a thug attacking them in their car. For a cop to "just drive off" and leave a violent thug free to prey on the public when he can stop him would be irresponsible.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:39 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
No, you should not end up dead if you are an unarmed human being assaulting a police officer -or a security officer. But since we should all know that once the police kill someone, they will not be punished, I will speak to what started the encounter in the first place. In fact, black people experience a vastly disproportionate incidence of being interfered with by police as they are going about their business (recalling that before that backspin composite of contrivances told by Wilson, it was first reported that he knew nothing of the thievery). All of that invocation of animal strength and aggression by Brown in Wilson's tale sounded so bizarre , and what some blogger called hallucinatory, is typical for the police.

So why in the hell did the police have to tell the two men to get the F off the street? Black people walking! If police can just stop fixating on and harassing blacks in their own neighborhoods and instigating aggressive encounters in the first place, then we might not have incident after incident of black people going from walking, driving, shopping to being shot up in a flash. I also don't believe the lie everyone believes (including blacks) that police act the way they do because they believe in black male default criminality. That allows everyone to at lease rationalize their fixed attention on blacks. Those cops know every young black male is not a criminal. They are just harassing for the sake of harassment - the same as blacks are harassed in the workplace.

Attention Police: Leave Black People Alone when they are not committing crimes, and cease using excessive force and accusing unarmed people of assaulting your asses when you maim and kill people at what start out as routine traffic stops. Leon Ford in Pittsburgh went from routine traffic stop to paralyzed. When does that happen to white people?
Maybe if MB wasn't such a smart ass and argued and fought with police, he would be alive today, maybe if his parents would have taught him to respect others instead of being cocky, he would be alive today.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:40 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
True colors, Freud?
How about responding to my post rather than a typo?

Old 11-26-2014, 01:41 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wilson's testimony matched the forensic evidence, what more do you want?
How hard would that be to construct?

Old 11-26-2014, 01:42 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
How about responding to my post rather than a typo?
Typomental error in your judgment?

Old 11-26-2014, 01:45 PM

998 posts, read 664,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Typomental error in your judgment?
So you have nothing more to say. Thanks for your contribution!

Old 11-26-2014, 01:48 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
So you have nothing more to say. Thanks for your contribution!
Like I tell prospective clients, "Today it's free, tomorrow you pay."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies