Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 10:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It ain't that bad; otherwise Black people be leaving the US for places like Africa. No 1is holding them here.
Sharpton and Jackson have not fled to Namibia in terror, seeking liberation.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:20 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was watching something about the absurdity on both sides in Ferguson, both with trigger happy jobs who are too out of shape to beat the living daylights out of someone and hence just shot (in Europe, cops are all martial artists, unlike the US which is home to fat cops) and the idiot "protestors" burning down black owned businesses to protest racism . Anyway, they showed Mike Brown, who was almost 300 lbs, stealing from stores, making vulgar rap "songs" glorifying street crime and was for all intents and purposes acting like a wannabee thug. And then it hit me: why do these things only happen to "thuggish" blacks?

Honestly, why has there not been a SINGLE black nerd with a "Dr. Who" t-shirt on beaten by police? Why haven't any neighborhood watchmen shot and killed a black male on his way to play Dungeons and Dragons? Why have we never heard of a black youth, armed with only his marching band instrument, killed by racist evil police?

I mean, if this is all about race, than why is it only people associated with thug culture who are targeted by police and/or evil racist white people who run the world?

And I speak from experience. I was as nerdy as kids can get in my youth and I am brown skinned, but police never pulled me over for no reason, never assaulted me, and never gave me trouble. I was pulled over once for reasons I find dubious, being that my car was registered under a different color and the cop ran my plates randomly. He pulled me over, checked my license and registration, and told me I should get that changed. That was it. Even if it was because I'm not white I was beaten, searched, or even disrespected...maybe because I smiled, was polite, and didn't act like a thug when he questioned me.

And the worst part is, I was targeted for being non-white and a non-thug...targeted by blacks that is. Walk down the streets of any ghetto in America as a well mannered, polite black male who values education above being a "g-thug" and see how far you get before Tyrone, Hussan and the boys attack you for the "crime" for not being ghetto. Try studying hard in school and being assaulted by black thugletts because only a "wannabe white boy" would actually value education. But that doesn't matter, because at least they're being beaten by black people so it hurts less...

If this was a racial thing, why isn't this happening to non-thug blacks? Or could it just be that this is the result of a certain criminal subculture that so many Americans of African descent swear is the only authentic black culture?
Just waiting to see how long before this thread gets shut down....

Old 11-26-2014, 11:49 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
12 year old Tamir Rice was ghetto?

Old 11-26-2014, 11:57 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
This would be incorrect, lot's of people of all backgrounds have been"killed" by cops.

"Ghetto" Blacks are the ones most attention is given to. Especially lately thanks to Obama and Eric Holder's race baiting.

Where were their comments when Kelly Thomas was killed? Death of Kelly Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-27-2014, 01:41 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
12 year old Tamir Rice was ghetto?
Also, Ferguson is a suburb, and not a real ghetto at all. And John Crawford III...

So, basically, the premise is false.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:22 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The question you asked in the title is this:

Why is it only ghetto blacks get killed by police?

Why are ghetto blacks the ones killing other ghetto blacks?

One could also insert virtually any other race into that statement and it would still have a true premise.

Perhaps the lack of conscience, character, decency, and belief in moral values is related to the existence of "ghetto (insert designation here)".
It isn't only ghetto "blacks" that get killed by police. Ghetto whites, that steal, rob, act like azzhats, assault cops and then try to take their firearms get killed by cops too.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It ain't that bad; otherwise Black people be leaving the US for places like Africa. No 1is holding them here.
Why aren't you leaving for Europe??

Please. The arrogance of some people.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The 12 year old was shot for two reasons, 1,, he ignored the officers orders, 2,,,someone had taken the orange end off the toy gun. I saw a picture of it, it looked like a real gun.
From what I saw, the boy was shot as soon as the officer got out of the car.

I watched the whole video.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:33 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I graduated from an esteemed school, run multiple businesses, and I've been assaulted by the Police. And profiled multiple times.

There are multiple black men each year killed by Police who are not thugs. As in the examples I just gave you.

A guy getting out of his car to go to the gas station.

A man killed just for holding a toy gun at Wal-Mart.

If it was only thugs there wouldn't be as much outrage.
I saw the gas station video and yea, the cop over reacted, but the Wal-Mart incident was a little different and the cop had no way of knowing the gun was a toy.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I saw the gas station video and yea, the cop over reacted, but the Wal-Mart incident was a little different and the cop had no way of knowing the gun was a toy.
He never pointed the gun at the officers. He was shot before given any commands.

He was playing with a toy.

If an officer can't handle a situation like that, they shouldn't be an officer. Should he have had the book thrown at him? It seemed like a mistake to me. I don't believe there was malice.

But these people are dying, and something has to be done to make these type of things stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies