Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 01:40 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well we do.

We just have a different word for them... which cannot be said here without being censored.

It can be black trash like you hear White Trash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 04:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well we do.

We just have a different word for them... which cannot be said here without being censored.
Limited vocabulary is more like it.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:42 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Actually, blacks in America worked hard for hundreds of years to assimilate, doing all the things that Indians and Asians are successful doing now. We were rebuffed, shut out, sometimes even

If an Indian today wants to invest in owning a corner store in a relatively affluent area of, say, Montgomery Alabama, nobody is going to burn him down. That's what would have happened to a black man doing the same thing when I was young.

This is what happened when young blacks and whites even attempted to ride a bus together when I was young.

Even when blacks enclaved and became successful in their own neighborhoods, whites typically put an end to it.

And the local police were even accomplices in these actions. Run a tiny business with only black clientele--a barbershop--fine. Entertain white people, that was okay too. Run a business with a white clientele, no. Gain imminence as a physician--no. Become a major industry leader, no. Not even teach kids in a white school.

Now, if that was happening to Indians and Asians today or even in the recent past within the memory of all Asians and Indians today, their "success" would be much more limited.
That's just it. Asians (which includes Indians) do not really assimilate. They assimilate to a point and maintain their cultures at home and among their own.

But yes, that's true regarding AAs. I was watching a documentary regarding AAs and it touched on how whites would riot and destroy their successful businesses, just out fo pure jealously. African-Americans had maintained that entrepreneurship that is very much ingrained in many African cultures but those whites of the day were intent on killing it. Crazy.

Anyway, back to assimilation, partial assimilation is the way to go in their country for visible minorities.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 AM

674 posts, read 698,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Cry me a river .

Better yet why don't you post stats by Blacks that were victims of crimes by Asians, and Asians that were victims of crimes by Blacks and then get back to me.

When was the last time in the US that you saw Asians rioting in the streets burning down Black owned businesses and attacking Blacks( or others BTW) for no reasons at all???

Probably never.

These people looting and rioting for the most parts don't really work, maybe those that get caught engaging in looting and violence should be banned from collecting welfare, section 8 and food stamps.

That way they would have to actually find a job and won't have time to engage in the self destruction of their own neighborhoods.
You have a lot of logical short circuiting going on.
1) I'll repeat that racism does not equal violence. First time of writing something doesn't always work for folks so I'm hoping the second time will make some headway.
2. If you wish to bloviate and hyperventilate about Ferguson I'm not sure why you chose this thread to do so. Your response is, once again, completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
3. I'm Ghanaian. Share your frustrations with black Americans elsewhere.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:38 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
If Harvard admitted Chinese applicants purely on the basis of their qualifications, there would be no white kids at Harvard. All the students would all be Chinese. That's how smart Chinese kids are.

That's why they do so well. Indians, too. They're just plain smart.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:50 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Not those Indians. The other Indians.
Now that's funny!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
So what I am saying is if you saw a black man coming down the street in a suit from work he would still be a threat vs a black guy coming down the street in a hoodie?

BTW: Im black and I always on defense when I come toward a black guy wearing a hoodie especially at night
Agreed tho in 2014 I get edgy when I see a young dude of ANY race wearing a hoodie unless it's real cold outside. It ain't so much a "skin color" thing these days, it's more an "attitude thing" IMHO.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Please spend more time around Asians (which include Indians). They do complain about racism.

Just like Asians come from Asia, Africans come from Africa.

There are African tribes in Africa, not black tribes.
U; I said "Black" tribe for a reason. A good part of Africa is filled with white people in places like Egypt, Libya, South Africa and so on. ALL of those people are "Africans".

Old 11-29-2014, 07:08 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Also Indians are Asians.
+1. I have a funny story to relate about that. My half sister and I are very close. However, my father is from Calcutta, India and her father is of Irish ancestry, as is our mother. I inherited all my dad's physical features: skin tone, short height, black hair, etc, and she is a tall green eyed freckled redhead. A couple of years ago, I started running regularly and soon after, developed a stress fracture in my leg. I saw the orthpoedic surgeon, and he explained that I had every risk factor for this condition: short, small, over 35, white, AND Asian. When I told my sister what the doctor told me, she said, "But you're not Asian!"

RE: OP's post, Asians (Indians included) do complain about racism. However, many of them tend to be less vocal and often it relates to reverse racism, in that they have higher requirements for achievement than people of other ethnic backgrounds. Of course, we can't generalize about any group of people; what they think, do, feel, etc. That's just not accurate.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
That's just it. Asians (which includes Indians) do not really assimilate. They assimilate to a point and maintain their cultures at home and among their own.

But yes, that's true regarding AAs. I was watching a documentary regarding AAs and it touched on how whites would riot and destroy their successful businesses, just out fo pure jealously. African-Americans had maintained that entrepreneurship that is very much ingrained in many African cultures but those whites of the day were intent on killing it. Crazy.

Anyway, back to assimilation, partial assimilation is the way to go in their country for visible minorities.
This is 2014, NOT 1914. Things change. BTW: it wasn't just Black people who got messed over 100 years ago either. Jews did, Chinese did, Japanese did, so did us Irish. Tho I'm talking about mostly US citizens here.

Not quite true about part assimilation here with Asians either. After about the 2nd or 3rd generation, they're pretty much gone as a minority because of intermarriage. I've known many anglo white or even Black people with at least 1 Asian grandparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies