Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:05 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,292,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There's racial undertones when it's used in certain ways, no doubt, but who mentioned that the term refers to a race? You're digging deep to paint a picture that's not there... I asked a simple question and was expecting a simple answer, not deflection... Man up!!!
If the term has no reference to race why would anyone not be willing to use it in front of a black person? I've used the term on occasion, in front of black people and heard them use the term too, but usually to denigrate or belittle women. I can't think of another reference point for it and especially not one that could reference race though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm curious, how often do white conservatives like you actually use words like "hood rat" in the presence of blacks in real life? Just curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 11:21 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,880,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
What? There is no "race card" limit which can be spread only so far lest it run out.most black protests are ignored by the media as well but it looks as if all of them get noted by local news or the people to whom the protest is directed.
Are you denying that cases about discrimination are heavily over represented and enforced when the defendants are AA?

In regards to protests some are legit, but when your cause is over dead thugs and criminals it's a bit harder to garner sympathy and support.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:43 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,052,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Asians and Indians do great in the U.S., but they're minority. Why is that?
They do. Just not in America. Indians complain about racism in the UK and in the Middle East where they make a good chunk of the workforce.

In the US, a lot of Indians come over with work visas and tend to bring their families later.

Asian immigrants were treated like utter crap in the late 1800s. They don't suffer as much racism because many are professionals. Also recent Asian immigrants come over with work visas.

In the Middle East, Filipinos are treated rotten and are subjected to a lot of racism.

Whoever is at the bottom of working class food chain will be subjected to the most prejudice.

Polish, Arabs, Turks, Eastern Europeans get the same flack in western europe.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:10 AM

654 posts, read 1,253,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Name a federal agency with near 50% of the workers being black.

Just one.
Prison.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:25 AM

779 posts, read 634,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Are you denying that cases about discrimination are heavily over represented and enforced when the defendants are AA?

In regards to protests some are legit, but when your cause is over dead thugs and criminals it's a bit harder to garner sympathy and support.
I don't really know how to answer your question as I don't know what stats would lead to a logical conclusion. Do you mean that there are more discrimination suits filed by black people? Do you mean that more cases go to trial if the case is filed by a black person? Would that include settlements or only cases that go to trial for decision?

That's interesting that you write people off for crime as if the average crime deserves an instant death sentence. The cause is over people being people and deserving of a trial no matter how much were may not agree with or condone their actions.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:29 AM

654 posts, read 1,253,474 times
I always thought dot Indians were closer to Africans than they are Asians.

They may share the continent named Asia, but that continent is also connected to Europe and is artificially divided to say there are 2 continents. Who says they are Asians, do dot Indians view themselves as Asians? As Mel Brooks said once "Have you ever seen anything like it in your life? They darker than us! WHOOF!!!"

Last edited by forestgump99; 11-27-2014 at 01:29 AM..

Old 11-27-2014, 01:03 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,880,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I don't really know how to answer your question as I don't know what stats would lead to a logical conclusion. Do you mean that there are more discrimination suits filed by black people? Do you mean that more cases go to trial if the case is filed by a black person? Would that include settlements or only cases that go to trial for decision?

That's interesting that you write people off for crime as if the average crime deserves an instant death sentence. The cause is over people being people and deserving of a trial no matter how much were may not agree with or condone their actions.
Too clarify what I and others have seen/experienced is that most lawyers and more cases for discrimination that have been brought forward have been those involving AA, either way if the cases are legitimate they should be heard.

Reverse discrimination cases and cases by other ethnic groups aren't as readily accepted and pursued.

Historically AND presently discrimination cases by AA's gather the most attention and make up the greatest share of these cases.

Other groups haven't had "their" representatives given the media attention of a Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Eric Holder or Obama.

It's as other cases don't merit attention or comments by US leaders like the president or attorney general???

Holder and Obama give a disproportionate attention to their "own" ethnic group and that is fairly obvious for all to see.

How "many" people being people cases has Obama delved into?

Old 11-27-2014, 01:07 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,793,158 times
I heard a lot of complaints.

For example, in Hollywood movies, you never see an Asian hero kills evil whites and rescues a blond woman and f**ks her.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:08 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,971,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Asians and Indians do great in the U.S., but they're minority. Why is that?
You think they don't...?

Old 11-27-2014, 01:15 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,793,158 times
In the US, sometimes it is ok to insult Asians in public so people don't think it's a big deal.
In recent years, words like "Chinaman" have been heard from TV (but never n-word or kik*). People say "ching chong" for fun. And so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies