Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Power is in truth? Then Russia's government is far from both, built on lies and crimes to humanity.

Death before dishonor? A man who comes to political office without honor is already dishonored.

This is true for any country and any leader...if the shoe fits.
Putin--what a guy! Sorry, but I cannot imagine electing an American president who worked undercover for the CIA.

Is That Vladimir Putin in a 1988 Photo with Ronald Reagan? | Mediaite

Old 12-02-2014, 04:43 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Putin--what a guy! Sorry, but I cannot imagine electing an American president who worked undercover for the CIA.

Is That Vladimir Putin in a 1988 Photo with Ronald Reagan? | Mediaite
You realize that Bush I was the head of the CIA, right?

Old 12-02-2014, 04:45 PM

122 posts, read 96,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Russia is not a powerful nation, Putin is choosing the same short sighted military solutions, invading Crimea and Ukraine are more signs of desperation than power. He has boxed himself into a corner and the sanctions are having an impact, thee is resentment from the people over the use of military in Ukraine but best not to speak too loudly in Russia.
Russia has the 2nd most powerful military on the planet.
10 Most Powerful Militaries In The World - Business Insider

Russia has reached nuclear parity with the US.
Russia achieves nuclear parity with US for the first time since Soviet era > Strategic-Culture.org - Strategic Culture Foundation

Also, the State Duma passed legislation that gives the Ministry of Defense the right to use nuclear weapons even in non-nuclear engagements. I would add a link but it's in Russian.
And yes some Russians (including me) are not happy about the situation in Ukraine but most Russians support it. And some newspapers in Russia don't support intervention wither. I think that getting involved with Ukraine is a huge mistake.
And yes, most Russians do not speak loudly but they don't whisper either. My friend Ogo, in Donetsk, is ethnic Russian but also does not support the intervention. He does not speak loudly because he lives in Donetsk and he wants to be alive tomorrow.

I have posted at the Russian forums that I believe the best solution is for the people that don't agree with the new government and the new constitution should just move to Russia. Just let хохлы have Ukraine. I know it won't be easy because they have pro-Kiev relatives and friends there but they could just wait to interface with them later. I think Kiev still allows phone calls, just not Russian media. And there is tons of space in Russia and new apartment buildings where they could live.

I also agree with Kiev that a wall should be built on the Russian-Ukrainian border. It would keep хохлы out and make Russia safer.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:49 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7ski View Post
Yes, power is in truth, not money. And the truth is that President Putin listens to the people of Russia (you call that "democracy" but most Russians hate that word). When 11 oblasts in Russia passed anti-gay propaganda laws from 2006-2013, Moscow oblast refused to pass that law for himself. But when 76% of the Russian people said they wanted that law for all of Russia, then the State Duma passed it.

When the people in Omsk were screaming about the utility rates and the potholes in the streets and also when people in Yekaterinburg were planting flowers in the potholes and even other cities were screaming about the potholes, the next summer Putin started the new roads project to fix the potholes. He also listened to the local complaints about utility rates.

When the people said their needed more money to pay for their jobs, Putin listened and now he raised the minimum wage by 441 rubles.
When the people were screaming for Putin to attack Ukraine and take it out, Putin did not listen. Should he have listened? Isn't that what "democracy' teaches, to listen to the people?

But now you tell me that Russia is built on lies and crimes to humanity.
1. What lies?
2. What crimes to humanity?

If I tell you that America is built on lies and crimes to humanity, do you listen? Do you know what I said and how can you understand?
If you tell me what lies and what crimes then that can be discussed.

But don't forget that Russia isn't the only country that has had lies or crimes and even America.
1. Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
2. The NSA spies on every citizen in the US.
3. The US has indefinite detention without even a trial or charges.
4. Peaceful and unarmed demonstrators are pepper sprayed in the face and beaten.
5. People and even Americans are tortured in Guantanamo Bay in Cuba and in secret CIA prisons in other countries.
6. The American police shoot and kill children because they have toy guns and those police only get a paid holiday.
7. I saw in a surveillance camera video that California police beat an unarmed man to death while he was laying on the ground and screaming. The police were not charged.
8. A woman was shot and killed when she tried to drive onto the campus of the White House. The police knew she had a small child in the car but it was lucky and it was not damaged.
9. The mayor of Detroit was charged with gangster activity. He caused a lot of corruption and damage to the people.
10. In 1945 the US killed 100,000's Japanese civilians with 2 nuclear weapons.
11. The US tried to commit genocides of the Native Americans and the Hawaiian people.
12. Hawaii was annexed to the US after a US-led military coup of the Hawaiian government.
13. The US has invaded almost 1 country every year since 2000.
14. Hospitals, schools, and orphanages were targeted in the bombing of Yugoslavia.
15. Many people died from radiation when the US tested nuclear weapons too close to cities before the bombings in Japan.

Those are all human rights violations that were in the American media and I have listed them. That's how you know what I mean if I say that the US has comitted crimes against humanity.
If you show me your list of the Russian crimes then I will know what you mean.

The shoes does not fit if the last American leader was a draft dodger and the current one has never even served in the military to defend his country. And he is weak. America will need a strong leader to stand up to Vladimir Putin. Btw, Russians are laughing at Obama.
President Putin served his country in the military and in the KGB he served his country's security for sixteen years. Where are the records of the service for Bush and Obama?
Anyway, when I speak of honor I speak for the people and the compatriots of Russia, not politics. But I do believe that President Putin is an honorable man.

The worst outrage I hear in the US is for the LGBT and the violence against those people is unfortunate. But don't forget, violence against their gay community in the US is increasing and many are killed in the US. So how does Russia have more violence to the gays than in the US or the other countries?

As for me, I know that Crimea was a strategic military decision for Shoigu but I do not support Russian intervention in Ukraine. I also do not support the anti-gay propaganda laws.
But there are also laws and decisions I do not support in the US so it doesn't seem very different from Russia. Well except that with all the racial tensions I would feel safer in Moscow or Omsk. I miss Teremok.

When Putin allows criticism from open and fair media get back to us. Where
was the front page Russian news when he shot down an aircraft with innocent
civilians and the troops being sent into Ukraine. The largest difference is we
debate our differences in the US while anyone that disagrees with Putin is
silenced.

Another example of Putin "listening to the people", I guess there is still hope though is the author still alive?

Quote:
The Kremlin is pushing to have Russian Internet providers filter
content before delivering it to users, a potentially very costly
censoring procedure, a prominent news website said.

The new rules may be passed by the State Duma before
the year's end, Gazeta.ru said Monday, citing an unnamed source
"familiar with the situation."

The website identified presidential aide Igor Shchegolyov as
the bill's main lobbyist.

The filtering would exclude materials unsuitable for children,
the report said.

Russia has draconian regulations in this area, prohibiting
the underage from contact with profanity, violence, extremist content
and "gay propaganda" in media and on the web.

These and other online restrictions, initially billed as non-political,
have later been expanded to include political censorship
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...rt/512475.html

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-02-2014 at 04:58 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 04:58 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When Putin allows criticism from open and fair media get back to us. Where was the front page Russian news when he shot down an aircraft with innocent civilians and the troops being sent into Ukraine. The largest difference is we debate our differences in the US while anyone that disagrees with Putin is sienced.
Russia didn't shoot down that aircraft. But your 'open and free' media propagandized that they did.

Look it up.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:15 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't say I voted for him because he's black...I asked you a question Bammer. That question is "what if I did vote for him because he's black?"
Yet, we knowyou DID vote for him, on the basis of skin color...only...Great job!

Quote:
It's my vote, not yours.
Are you sure you did not mean "my Vote's"?

Quote:
"If I were black, I'd be extremely embarrassed..."
But you're NOT black, and we really don't care how you'd feel.
Yet, you should...

Quote:
"You blame everyone for the problems in front of you blah, blah, blah"
You still blame bush...yet refuse to blame obama for anything....why is that?

Quote:
What problems in front of me? I don't have any problems. And you can't find a post where I ever said that I have any. Don't know what body orifice you pulled that out of.
Why can you not quote a person?

Quote:
"I vote for what's right!"
Yep...I know that pisses you off, but oh well, see above for your problem in front of you....

Quote:
LMAO...oh yeah? Like those WMD in Iraq?
That your girl hiliary voted for and all them other dems? LOL....And everyone knows you will vote for her if she runs for president....LOL..

Old 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Thank you. We got the lesser of evils. I'm happy for our country.
LOL...yes, I have no doubt about that....glad we are back at 1985 level of income...

Old 12-02-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
You mean a Conservative Republican.

Stop it.
No, he clearly represents you......you voted for him, and those dems that voted it OK for bush to go to war...

SO yes...he clearly represents you...

Old 12-02-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Why didn't they warn us that there were no WMD in Iraq and that 4500 soldiers were gonna die for nothing?
Because dems voted to go to war...

FACTS SUCK for you and the left...

Sorry...

Old 12-02-2014, 05:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default President Obama's is highest

Our country is divided POST-BUSH. A 50% approval rating is about the highest one can expect. President Obama is close to that, so that's pretty damn good. President Obama's approval rating among the most enlightened in this country is higher than Putins. That's what counts.

Who the hell cares what opinion Republicans have? They thought Bush was a fine president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies