Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

I like Lee Greenwood's version better.

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 07:29 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not blindly patriotic. But I do realize the history of the human race. We are aggressive, ruthless predators. America changed the idea of what it is to be human, rights of the individual.

Sure, England's Magna Carta was a great idea as well, especially for it's time. But nothing comes close to what America has meant to the world, even if we are falling behind in categories like health care ect.

We will get there, I believe that as long as the foundation of what made this country great is not continued to be chipped away at by these radical liberals who want to see it fall.

To remake America like they want to, they must have to unmake it first. That is what they believe.
You're contradicting yourself professor.

Quote:
I told him not only is it the greatest, it is the greatest that has ever been and make no mistake about it.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:29 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
Quote:
My youngest is home from college this week. We had a real good discussion at the dinner table last night, he was suggesting that America is not the greatest country in the world. I told him not only is it the greatest, it is the greatest that has ever been and make no mistake about it. There is NOTHING wrong with being a patriot, especially in this country...
Perhaps it's the greatest in some respects, but not so great in others? Being a "patriot" -- how do you measure patriotism? Let's see...

Quote:
When he gets his own house he can believe what he wants. Under my roof he knows he won't be bad mouthing this country without at least watching an opposing view to the clowns who are trying to turn him against it.
Not very patriotic to force your son to watch right wing nuttery that he clearly does not agree with. How strong can your faith in this country be if you tremble at a belief that you do not share? Your unwillingness to allow your son to have his own beliefs isn't patriotic, it is Stalinist.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:31 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
This is the problem with government schools, both parties use them for purposes of spreading propaganda and it gets worse with each passing generation.
America is no longer exceptional, it has become a militaristic empire with a docile welfare addicted population.
And only in America can that "docile welfare addicted population" survive without having to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Now were not a dump like sub sahara Africa or many war torn south american countries for sure, but I like to compare apples to apples and the US is looking more rotten compared to other apples.
Yes, thanks to Obama. He wants to bring the US down and "level the playing field", remember?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:34 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I wonder if any of you have actually watched this movie. This movie is an absolutely eye opener.

1. Every region in the world had slavery. What is uniquely western is the abolition of slavery. and what is unique American is the fighting of a great war to end it.

2. American never got rich by "stealing" from Iraqi people , America spent a lot of money and turned over the oil field to the Iraqi people. Under the conquest ethic, we would have kept it. In Afghnestian after 911, the US military, even while bombing terrorist targets, was delivering food rations to Afghan civilians. and far from stealing, America rebuilt Germany.

Like Colin Powell once said,
"U.S. Only Asking for Enough Foreign Land to Bury Our Dead."

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-28-2014 at 07:56 AM..

Old 11-28-2014, 07:40 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And only in America can that "docile welfare addicted population" survive without having to work!

Yes, thanks to Obama. He wants to bring the US down and "level the playing field", remember?
Do you honestly believe the tripe you type or are you hoping some uneducated fool comes along and actually believes it?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:51 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
I watched the movie last week.

Now, let me put it this way.

No country that exists is perfect, one way or another many countries came about from conquest and discovery.
Now from a stand point of freedom, and the willingness of a government that allows you to chase your dreams, work hard and do something with your life it is the united states. Keep in mind in recent years we have abandoned this line of thinking when it comes to the government getting in the way of your hard work and the benefits from it.
Society in America has self destructed into guilt like having freedom and the benefits from it are a bad thing.
Now more and more we are voting and businesses are voting for the OTHER guy to pay for what they want. Just about every government program and law that has come about in the last 60 years has been about giving power to the government not the individual. But even thru all that, 2 world wars, and many enemies at our backs we find a way thru it. WE just need to make sure we learn from our past. Progressives are not interested in freedom and when they say freedom they mean taxing someone to pay for something else and or getting people to agree that with force government is fairness. Government has never been fair. IF a progressive was in charge of Indian tribes in the early days BEFORE America was actually AMERICA and actually a british. spanish, exploring nation they would have demanded Indians give up all their food to the rest of the poor who just landed here. Because if your look at Indians they worked their land, they worked for their food, they built their shelter and they didnt have a government to take from one and give to another. In the end Indians did not OWN the anything and in the end it has like with ALL HISTORY AND ALL NATIONS the more powerful claimed land over conquest. NOW the first ones who came here we and really not even AMERICA chris columbus landed south of us and was from SPAIN!! Spain conquered most of the Indian tribes and then the British came.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I think most people have forgotten about the classic American virtues, individual initiative, community, faith, to help yourself and others.

Plus, the wealth of America is not stolen, it is created. The ethic of conquest is universal. What is uniquely American is the alternative, equal right, self determination, and wealth creation. If America did not exist, the conquest ethic would dominate the world once again.

Although America is not perfect, America is the answer.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:01 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
So, it's right wing propaganda by a tax evader that you think all Americans in school should be forced to watch.

lol

I guess forcing the younger generation to watch your propaganda is probably the only hope the GOP has for the future!
Obama hired a tax evader to reign over the IRS and prosecute people like 'tim the tax cheat' that were not connected to obama. The head of the treasury was a tax evader!!!!!!!!!!

Dem tax evader extroidinaire Charlie rangel was the gatekeeper of the tax code. William jefferson, another dem froze 90 K$$$$ in his freezer.

Look up the debt owed by legislators and federal employees to the IRS.

Better we should believe a chronic liar president who intentionally misleads people and then ignores the video evidence of his lies than a movie whose veracity you can't find fault with so you attack the author?

HRC...can you say 'whitewater'? ' Vince Foister is dead?", "well I was broke when we left the whitehouse' "I was under sniper fire getting off the plane', ' it was the video', 'what does it matter?'

Now where did I put that reset button?

You disparage D'souza and embrace these unethical people whose crimes are intentional ???????
Your association with these criminals diminishes any political rant against D'souza.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:04 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
When the people of the world find your country to be the world's greatest threat to peace, maybe it is time to knock off with the jingoistic crap and face the reality of what your nation has turned into. The US, since Vietnam at least, has turned into a menace, not a model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies